Nascar 2003 Season problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rskover

rskover

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

Well, this is my last hope. I'm trying to get me Nascar 2003 Season to work again on my Macintosh. I can't get my Logitech Force Feedback wheel and pedals to work with it. I know there is supposed to be a patch for it, but can't seem to find it. I had both the 2002 and 2003 working with it in the past- don't know what happened. I went to the Aspyr site and downloaded a patch for 2003, but I believe it's a PC patch because when I run it I get all I get is two text files. I have a dual 1GHz powerpc G4 with 1.5 gig of ram and running OSX 10.4.11. The Nascar 2003 is version 1.0.0. Please help!

rskover

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

You mean this patch here? As far as I get this this is supposed to replace the original 1.0.0 game file (I might be wrong about that so make sure to backup the original executable).

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 rskover

rskover

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

View PostJanichsan, on February 2nd 2009, 09:48 AM, said:

You mean this patch here? As far as I get this this is supposed to replace the original 1.0.0 game file (I might be wrong about that so make sure to backup the original executable).

Yes, that's the one. I did download again replaced the two files in the Nascar folder with them (init and core) and ran Nascar again. After some messing around with configuring the wheel and pedals I did get it to work! In the configuration box, I'm not sure what the three buttons stand for. I'm assuming the first one is the throttle, the next the brake and the last is the wheel. Regardless of what I do there, it seems like I have to configure within the game also. The bottom line is it did work this time- hope it works the next time- thanks for your help.

rskover