#41 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

View Postltcommander.data, on February 20th 2009, 04:05 PM, said:

Any word on Mac<>PC multiplayer compatibility? I'm presuming the fact that this is an Intel only Legends title should help things.

We have it working on our LAN between Mac & PC right now. :) It's not perfect (but that's why its called game development ;) ) but everything works, you should be able to play over the internet using Gameranger's new PC/Mac support by the time we release the game.  No more details are coming out of my lips (or keyboard) right now but I thought I would confirm cross platform for all you players with PC mates.

Cheers,

Edwin

p.s. If you do play cross platform please make sure you win :) Always good to beat a PC player after listening to 30 mins of "Mac's they make games for those?" jokes! Not that I would log on after hundreds of hours of testing and destroy some PC weenies online for fun you understand...

... that was work. :blush:

UPDATE - Fixing the final issues with Mac <-> PC play proved impossible see here for the reasons

#42 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:20 PM

View Postedddeduck, on March 2nd 2009, 09:59 AM, said:

destroy some PC weenies
How unkind of you.  This forum is a eclectic group of people who own various platforms including PCs and to have you belittle those tiny brained wipers of other people's bottoms is uncalled for and divisive.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#43 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

Macs are personal computers too. He was not divisive at all; he insulted everyone equally.
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#44 SShoot3r

SShoot3r

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

Is there a set date on when this baby is coming out?

#45 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:48 AM

No we don't have an official date however we did have a playable at Macworld Expo in January so it is quite far along.

Edwin

#46 Rubel

Rubel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

Very much looking forward to it! It took some willpower to not get the "free Rome with preorder of Empire" Steam has been advertising. But I dislike rebooting THAT MUCH and I want to support you folks after giving me such a solid port in the form of Pirates!.
I left my heart in Port Montyhaul.

#47 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

View PostSShoot3r, on March 4th 2009, 11:59 PM, said:

Is there a set date on when this baby is coming out?

I'm probably as eager as you are, but what's a few weeks more when the PC version was out some 4 or 5 years ago. Btw, is there an approximate date for when the Mac version of "Empire: TW" might be out?   ;) Going by Rome's timescale, that one might make the Mac about... 2014!   :o

#48 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

View Postjackdawsson, on March 15th 2009, 11:56 AM, said:

I'm probably as eager as you are, but what's a few weeks more when the PC version was out some 4 or 5 years ago. Btw, is there an approximate date for when the Mac version of "Empire: TW" might be out?   ;) Going by Rome's timescale, that one might make the Mac about... 2014!   :o
I'm actually curious to see if Stormrise will be ported to Mac. The PC version is supposedly DX10 and DX10.1 only. I don't think a DX10 codepath has been ported to Mac yet so that'd be interesting to see. It's nice that Creative Assembly is broadening out by trying games that aren't as historic themed.

#49 SShoot3r

SShoot3r

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

Any further updates from Feral??!! I'm stoked, this is the only game I really missed when I made the switch from PC to Mac.  woooo

#50 PoliSciGuy

PoliSciGuy

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

oh, thank GOD they ported this game over to the mac!  i hope the port is a good one.  perhaps we will see company of heroes next...  or even empire total war.  one can dream...

#51 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

Well, so far I haven't had any complaints with Robosoft's work. Their ports have been quite solid.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#52 PoliSciGuy

PoliSciGuy

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

argh,

when is the game going to be out?  the site says march... but still nothing.  hurry up and send it out already!  at least put a demo out...

#53 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

View PostPegasus, on March 17th 2009, 09:52 PM, said:

Well, so far I haven't had any complaints with Robosoft's work. Their ports have been quite solid.

Thank you :) Although to be 100% correct you should say Feral / Robosoft as we are involved in development of every title shipped with a Feral logo. (Apart from Max Payne)

My job would not really exist if we had no development at all at Feral :)

View PostPoliSciGuy, on March 23rd 2009, 07:19 PM, said:

argh,

when is the game going to be out?  the site says march... but still nothing.  hurry up and send it out already!  at least put a demo out...

Err are you sure about  date on the site? I don't think we have a release date listed on the website for the game. I know we did say Q1 in a few interviews etc but as I said as few times (just like Duke Forever) the game is done when it is done. If you can find a date on the website please PM me as we will need to update that as it is not shipping in the next 6 days!

Secondly as the demo is the full game only with a single level you cannot release the demo till you have finished the main game as they both use the same game engine.

[EDIT] So to summarize the game will ship once it is ready, and right now it ain't ready.

Cheers,

Edwin

#54 SShoot3r

SShoot3r

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

In many reporting sites, they claimed that the game was coming out sometime in March.  Also, is there going to be a digital download of the game or only in physical form?

Here's a link http://www.macobserv..._gold_in_march/

Good luck on finishing the product, as I am definitely excited

#55 PoliSciGuy

PoliSciGuy

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

View Postedddeduck, on March 24th 2009, 07:07 AM, said:

Thank you :) Although to be 100% correct you should say Feral / Robosoft as we are involved in development of every title shipped with a Feral logo. (Apart from Max Payne)

My job would not really exist if we had no development at all at Feral :)
Err are you sure about  date on the site? I don't think we have a release date listed on the website for the game. I know we did say Q1 in a few interviews etc but as I said as few times (just like Duke Forever) the game is done when it is done. If you can find a date on the website please PM me as we will need to update that as it is not shipping in the next 6 days!

Secondly as the demo is the full game only with a single level you cannot release the demo till you have finished the main game as they both use the same game engine.

[EDIT] So to summarize the game will ship once it is ready, and right now it ain't ready.

Cheers,

Edwin

hi,

ya i did hear it would come out in march.  other than that i was only kidding around about you guys speeding up getting it out.  thanks for the reply...  keep us posted.  i look forward to playing it - on my mac.

all the best,

polisciguy

#56 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:16 AM

View PostSShoot3r, on March 24th 2009, 03:39 PM, said:

In many reporting sites, they claimed that the game was coming out sometime in March.  Also, is there going to be a digital download of the game or only in physical form?

Here's a link http://www.macobserv..._gold_in_march/

Good luck on finishing the product, as I am definitely excited

Yeah in interviews at MacWorld we said we are aiming for a end of Q1 release which is March. Sadly although we are 90% complete the last 10% of polish is needed to make sure the Mac port is released to the high standards that both we and all your gamers expect. :)

View PostPoliSciGuy, on March 24th 2009, 10:07 PM, said:

hi,

ya i did hear it would come out in march.  other than that i was only kidding around about you guys speeding up getting it out.  thanks for the reply...  keep us posted.  i look forward to playing it - on my mac.

all the best,

polisciguy

Sure, I will post hear with any news as soon as I have something concrete. Glad you are all looking forward to playing the game. :)

Edwin

#57 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

View Postedddeduck, on March 25th 2009, 01:07 AM, said:

Although to be 100% correct you should say Feral / Robosoft as we are involved in development of every title shipped with a Feral logo. (Apart from Max Payne)

Even Oni?  :P

#58 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

Just to throw in a couple of seemingly random release dates: Joystiq.com says the game will be released this friday (very unlikely, I would assume), Amazon.co.uk mentions April 20.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#59 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

But if Feral does not say, it cannot be certain. ;)

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#60 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

View PostJanichsan, on March 31st 2009, 08:34 AM, said:

Just to throw in a couple of seemingly random release dates: Joystiq.com says the game will be released this friday (very unlikely, I would assume), Amazon.co.uk mentions April 20.

All pulled out of thin air, none of those dates came from Feral! Remember always good to check your sources if it does not say Feral said in a press release XXX then especially with shipping dates you most likely have speculation. We never give dates before we are very certain of getting at least close. As some older Mac users might remember we have been burnt in the past on this one so we are now a lot more cautious.

View PostTesseract, on March 25th 2009, 01:26 PM, said:

Even Oni?  :P

Yes even Oni, :P in fact I maintain the Oni source code for Mac OS X! I plan on releasing an Oni patch on the Feral site when I have time, as Oni is a personal project and I cannot use any work hours on the programming. It's based off the great work done by Ken Case at Omni before he handed it over to me to try and carry on where he started.

Big boots to fill I know!

Edwin