Awesome Developer Dude Guy

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts
  • Steam Name:hoserama99
  • Steam ID:hoserama99
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

Some drool-sucking, hairy-assed knuckle-dragger has seen fit to hack into my account and change my name.

Now I have no clue who this person could be, because the change suggests it was done by someone of low intelligence and I know far too many people who fall into that category. Narrowing down is impossible!

So I have 2 demands (that's right - not requests - DEMANDS!)

1. I'd like my old name back, please.

2. This person should be flogged in virtual public, perhaps forced to log onto Playstation Home as a female avatar and ask where all the men are at.

That is all.

As a concession to the holiday season, it can wait until Jan 1 if it places too large a burden on the mods.

I know IMG is a Canadian concern and everyone knows that this time of year is particularly rough up there, what with all the mooses running loose, Americans who had renounced their citizenship during the past 8 years emigrating back in bulk, and the all-important hockey games to attend.
Brad Oliver
bradman at pobox dot com

#2 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

It's not a demand if you say please.

(No, it wasn't me.)

((Wouldn't it be funny if it was?))

(((Wasn't though.)))
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

Hmmmmm... this is very serious indeed.  I shall endeavor to peruse the logs to identify the miscreant and bring him to justice immediately.  This outrage shall not stand.  This forum depends on it's august members, members such as you, to lend it an air of respectability.  In the meantime, I shall look into the involved haxxoring process needed to dive deep into the system databanks and try my gosh darndest to restore your good name... Er... what was it again?  "Broccoli Oliveloaf"?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

View PostArtist Formerly Known As Brad Ol, on December 20th 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

2. This person should be flogged in virtual public, perhaps forced to log onto Playstation Home as a female avatar and ask where all the men are at.

running around on Home being a bit of a tool is amazingly funny. It is also, I feel I should add, something that I would not be doing if there was something better to do, such as FREAKING ANYTHING!

In one session I shouted at a random passerby that his house was surrounded by the police (text shouting, but I think he still looked out the window), asked a black guy if he was black in real life too, took someone to task for their obnoxious behaviour (whilst savouring the irony), and ran up to the "women", bowed into their breasts and said "You smell nice". (I think I may have found a woman with that one, though, as the response was "Ewwww.. perv", which just added to the hilarity)

Again, I want to re-iterate that if Home currently featured, say, the features we were promised, like game rooms for multiplayer joining, and the Red Bull Air Race, I wouldnt be doing these things. As it stands, Ive mastered bowling almost completely, and been annoyed enough times by people dropping out of a game of checkers or chess or pool when theyre losing that Ive lost the will to try.

uh, what was I saying?
Anyway, I agree, it was completely cruel to change Broccoli's user name, and it should be changed back ASAP!
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#5 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on December 20th 2008, 07:13 PM, said:

Er... what was it again?  "Broccoli Oliveloaf"?

I think you'll find that it's "Milbop Dippleberry".

--Eric

#6 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

Don't you mean Dillbop Mippleberry?

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#7 devSin

devSin

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:39 PM

View Postteflon, on December 20th 2008, 05:01 PM, said:

running around on Home being a bit of a tool is amazingly funny. It is also, I feel I should add, something that I would not be doing if there was something better to do, such as FREAKING ANYTHING!
Brad recently wrote about his successful adventures sluttin' it up around Home (despite his avatar's apparent glandular problems). He bought tickets to see Twilight the very next day, I just know it!

Don't you mean Dillbop Mippleberry?
No, no. It was Pillpop Nippleherry.

#8 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:01 AM

Oh, my mistake, wrong person then. Oh well, maybe I meant this guy.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#9 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:10 AM

Broccoli? The James Bond Broccoli? I think your cover (and net worth) has been blown.

One Way of Looking at Life
Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#10 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:57 AM

I'm really sorry for you Artist, really sorry.  However, I'm afraid I can't be of any help right now.  You see, it often happens that these types of offenses spread around here.  And, they especially spread when someone tries to stand up for another.  Hm, it's kind of odd the value system that's reinforced.  Oh well, best of luck to ya!  :D
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#11 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:23 AM

<_<

>_>

<_<

^_^

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#12 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

I personally suspect a little known and infrequent visitor to these boards whose hacking abilities are legendary. Goes by the name of "Baffled Rat" or "Barnacled Mat" or "Beatified Hat" or "Beyondbelief That" or some such moniker. Sneaky little guy though, very hard to catch. The only reference I could find to the little critter was this old Navy "wanted" poster from one of his early exploits ...

Posted Image

Obviously the photo's been doctored so that it with a grain of salt ... as the license plate on the car has had its letters mirror reversed.

PS. I just know I'll get in trouble over this "find."  :P

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#13 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

Ah!
dad?!?!

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64

#14 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

View PostdevSin, on December 20th 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

Brad recently wrote about his successful adventures sluttin' it up around Home (despite his avatar's apparent glandular problems). He bought tickets to see Twilight the very next day, I just know it!
Oh please link us to that!  If the mysterious miscreant is to slut around in Home as punishment, then that person will need to know exactly what is expected of them.

View PostdevSin, on December 20th 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

No, no. It was Pillpop Nippleherry.
Surely you mean Abouttopop Virginmary?  You know, it being almost Christmas time and all.

View Postdojoboy, on December 21st 2008, 05:57 AM, said:

I'm really sorry for you Artist, really sorry.  However, I'm afraid I can't be of any help right now.  You see, it often happens that these types of offenses spread around here.  And, they especially spread when someone tries to stand up for another.  Hm, it's kind of odd the value system that's reinforced.  Oh well, best of luck to ya!  :D
::tBC moves dojoboy from the "Naughty" to the "Nice" list::  
::tBC kicks himself and moves dojoboy back to the "Naughty" list::

View PostDaveyJJ, on December 21st 2008, 08:45 AM, said:

I personally suspect a little known and infrequent visitor to these boards whose hacking abilities are legendary. Goes by the name of "Baffled Rat" or "Barnacled Mat" or "Beatified Hat" or "Beyondbelief That" or some such moniker. Sneaky little guy though, very hard to catch. The only reference I could find to the little critter was this old Navy "wanted" poster from one of his early exploits ...

Posted Image

Obviously the photo's been doctored so that it with a grain of salt ... as the license plate on the car has had its letters mirror reversed.

PS. I just know I'll get in trouble over this "find."  :P
I was actually quite settled down by that age.  Here is a Bonny and Clyde style snapshot of me as the getaway driver with the notorious Diaper Rash gang.  We were on the FBI (Freakin' Bratty Infant) most wanted list.  There was a huge reward for the capture or spanking of us and it was more than once we were all apprehended and put down for naps, but we always managed to escape after only a couple of hours.

Posted Image

View Postteflon, on December 21st 2008, 09:28 AM, said:

Ah!
dad?!?!
You are mistaking me for a traveling salesman.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#15 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:35 PM

ah, I hear it happens all the time

#16 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

Shame, all this h4xx0r1ng and stuff. Was so much easier to type "Brad Oliver" instead of "Artist Formerly Known as Brad Oliver". While I sympathize and am deeply troubled by this event... well, I'm over it now. Time to move on, and time instead to dwell on my own personal inconvenience.
I think I shall have to refer to "Artist Formerly Known as Brad Oliver" as "Afkabo".
What troubles me now is whether I should pronounce this as "AF-ka-bo" or ""af-ka-BO". My preference is as "AF-ka-bo", but I remain uncertain. Oh, quandry! Oh what a dilemma Brad Oliver has created! Curse you, Afkabo! Curse you!

#17 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:07 PM

Clearly pronounced "af-kay-bo".
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#18 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on December 21st 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

::tBC moves dojoboy from the "Naughty" to the "Nice" list::  
::tBC kicks himself and moves dojoboy back to the "Naughty" list::

:(
:)
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#19 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

Brad needs a symbol thingy that represents his name; something really alien, undefinable and unpronounceable.  That way we can just post the graphic instead of all of the typing that "Artist Formerly Known As Brad Oliver" requires.  Although I do like "Af-kay-bo".  Perhaps we could call the weird and stupid symbol thingy Afkabo.  It might be awhile before I can get the database straightened out and all, er, unhacked... and stuff.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#20 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on December 21st 2008, 08:08 PM, said:

Brad needs a symbol thingy that represents his name; something really alien, undefinable and unpronounceable.  That way we can just post the graphic instead of all of the typing that "Artist Formerly Known As Brad Oliver" requires.  Although I do like "Af-kay-bo".  Perhaps we could call the weird and stupid symbol thingy Afkabo.  It might be awhile before I can get the database straightened out and all, er, unhacked... and stuff.
Would this work?

..|.,

:glare:

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester