#21 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:32 AM

Wanted to add, that if you want to play a game in full features 'like you can on the pc', then I suggest you just get a PC to play games on if it means that much to you. Apple simply does not care about games on Mac. Getting them to fix their broken openGL is more difficult than getting microsoft to release a stable windows.

Feral is not at fault here. They are doing the best they can on a platform that is not for gaming with libraries and hardware that is basically hacked to work on mac.

Also, the PC has its fair share (more actually) of 'crappy buggy ports'. They have ports from consoles that are so bad, it can make you furious with rage. Without derailing the topic and naming games on the PC that are horrendous, or naming companies who are at fault, I will just leave it with that Mac, with the few games it gets native, are done well in comparison on a whole to what the PC has to deal with.

Feral, the INDY Demo works great over here, even though I own and have played it on my XP game rig. Sure, some features are not there on the mac, but I know its not YOUR fault.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#22 choiceweb0pen0

choiceweb0pen0

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Steam Name:choiceweb0pen0

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

Hi, just want to echo in how much I enjoyed the Indy Demo. I plan to get it soon. I don't know why, but I wasn't as excited with the Lego Star Wars Demo when it came out enough to get the game, it seemed fairly difficult, but eh it's been awhile so who knows. :unsure:  Keep up the good work!

#23 oddysseey

oddysseey

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

In case TT Games is reading this:
What about a LEGO Jurassic Park? ;)

Again, great job on LEGO Indy, I love that game (my brother too!).

Thanks,
oddy

#24 monkeytennis

monkeytennis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

I got the full game delivered today, and I can't enable the 2nd player!! We are both using keyboard and want to play like we did on LEGO Star Wars, with one on the main keys and another on the numeric keypad.

There is a message saying "Press F2 to join in", but pressing F2 does absolutely nothing. I've tried every key on the keyboard and nothing enables the 2nd player. And yes, I've gone into the controls and enabled the 2nd side of the keyboard but it does nothing.

HELP! We'll have to send it back if we can't get this sorted.

#25 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

Try holding down the 'fn' key when pressing F2 (on a laptop located in the bottom left corner, on the aluminium keyboard located underneath the F13 key).

This is because Apple default the F keys to serve their bidding in the OS, and ties their functions to brightness or volume adjustments. So should an application need to use those keys for something, you need to hold down 'fn' to get to the 'normal' F-key functions.

Im fairly certain you can also change the key that this is set to in the control options (I think its P2's pause key), but I may be mistaken.

if that doesnt help, then let us know and Im sure we can figure out whats gone wrong (or someone from Feral will stumble on your plight and take pity on you ;) )
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#26 monkeytennis

monkeytennis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

Thanks Teflon - but we're not using a Macbook! We're on a 20" iMac so don't have a Function key. I've tried Command, Shift, Option and Control+F2 but that doesn't do anything either.

#27 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:19 AM

Depending on when you bought your imac, you might have the aluminium keyboard which has the same style of keys as the macbook, and also features the fn key. I think that this design first came out a year and a half ago. If thats the keyboard youve got, then the fn key is above the direction arrows and directly below F13.

either way, have you tried going into the game settings and changing the controls for player 2? Im fairly certain that you can change this binding...
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#28 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:06 AM

View Postmonkeytennis, on January 14th 2009, 01:00 AM, said:

Thanks Teflon - but we're not using a Macbook! We're on a 20" iMac so don't have a Function key. I've tried Command, Shift, Option and Control+F2 but that doesn't do anything either.

If you have a new iMac with the thin keyboard you will need to do as Teflon says. YOu will find the fn key below the F13 key. Press this key while pressing F2 and you will be fine.

You can also try this method which will enable the Fn keys for the entire OS.

Open System Preferences
Select Keyboard & Mouse
Select the tickbox called "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys"

For the last two years all Mac machines have the Fn keys disabled in favour of brightness, volume, expose etc keys. This is true for MacPro and iMacs as well as laptops.

Cheers,

Edwin

p.s. If you still have trouble you can always email our support email address :) that way we can help you further if we need to. Remember our support team is always the best people to email if you have a problem with any of our games. That said I think my post which builds on Teflon's should solve your problem.