43 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8508 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:00 AM

Feral Interactive has today announced Friday, November 28th as the worldwide release date for the Mac version of LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. Developed by TT Games and LucasArts, the game combines the fun of the famous building blocks with the cinematic adventures of Hollywood’s iconic archaeologist.

LEGO Indiana Jones follows Indy’s escapades through the jungles of South America to the mountaintops of India. Players can build and battle their way through their favorite cinematic moments, from Indy’s entanglements with snakes to his dashing boulder run.

"With the extra benefit of Lego Indiana Jones running on all Intel Macs including MacBooks, we are proud to be bringing another great title from TTGames and LucasArts to the Mac platform” said Feral Interactive’s David Stephen. 

“We’re delighted to be bringing LEGO® Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures™ to the Mac,” said Garry Edwards, Business Development Director of TT Games. “The winning combination of charming humour, intuitive puzzles and continent hopping adventure has been a great success and now everyone can enjoy it.”
Minimum system requirements for LEGO Indiana Jones call for a 1.8GHz Intel Mac only, 512MB RAM, 128MB graphics card, DVD drive and Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later.

The game will retail in North America for US $39.95, £29.95 (inc VAT) in the UK, and €39.95 (inc VAT) throughout Europe. It is also currently available for pre-order.

More details and trailers of the game are now available at the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:45 AM

Pre-ordered? Check. :D
MacBook Pro 15" with Retina Display
2.3 GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB VRAM
OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

#3 iEvan

iEvan

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:58 AM

This is a cute game that is a blast to play. There is something about beating baddies to (Lego) bits that just keeps cracking me up.

Remember guns don't kill people... Pfhor do.

#4 pschorr

pschorr

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:18 AM

woohoo!  I'm excited!

#5 Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

I can't believe they did it to me AGAIN!  :(

After months and months of trying to find out if there was going to be a Mac version and getting nowhere, I bought the Windoze version and then they announce the Mac version.   :angry:

They should announce these things at the same time as the Windoze version, or at least when the Windoze version is released so we don't waste money buying both. Some developers even release games at the same time! (eg. the versions of Diablo and the Wall-E game both come on a dual-format disc.)

I also bought Lego Batman (for Windoze) at the same time, which will probably end up in the same "scam" of having to buy it twice.

Anyone want to buy an unused Lego Indiana Jones for Windoze?  :(

#6 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

View PostBuzz Bumble, on December 31st 2008, 12:08 AM, said:

They should announce these things at the same time as the Windoze version, or at least when the Windoze version is released so we don't waste money buying both. Some developers even release games at the same time! (eg. the versions of Diablo and the Wall-E game both come on a dual-format disc.)

Diablo is a special case, as Blizzard make both the Win and Mac versions of the game. Most Mac ports are licensed out, which is why they aren't simultaneous releases.
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#7 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:46 AM

the other example is equally flawed, given that all the Pixar games are Mac & PC for a fairly obvious reason... Big Steve.

Anyway, you just cant please some people. Feral, for a long time used to announce their products fairly early on in the port (CMR, Fable, B&W2), but that backfired when they hit upon any delays , and there was a bit of a backlash (same goes to Aspyr with the delays of ETQW and CoD4). So they stopped announcing things so early, and now announce about a month before release, and now youre complaining because they didnt tell you soon enough?

so really you have to factor in your own guess work. So Aspyr will try to pick up any future CoD releases, so hold off on that one. Equally, Aspyr's track record with the D3 engine implies that the next Castle Wolfenstein will make it across after a few months. Everyone knew that MacSoft would get the UT3 deal (fat lot of good its done them so far). Feral is a bit trickier, because of the legends range. They could port anything! they might be working on TR Underworld as we speak.
Generally, if a game is popular on the mac, the porting houses will try and get the sequel too. So just factor that into whether or not you buy a PC game. It would be pretty safe to buy Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2...
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#8 Mr. Selvetarm

Mr. Selvetarm

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:13 PM

.:Furiously reading old posts to see if Teflon is beta tester:.

Gosh it's been a while... Sold the Green Monster and the iPad for a truly amazing new beast.

THE RAINBOW GREMLIN: i5-760 @ 3.2ghz, ASUS H57 Mobo, EVGA 470 GTX (1280mb) , 8gb OCZ Reaper HPC, 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 2tb Samsung F3, 800 Watt Corsair PSU

#9 Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

Things get delayed or cancelled all the time, but it would be great to know that a Mac version is actually planned, even if it is with no actual release date, when the PC version is actually released, if not before.  An announcement only one month before it lands on shop shelves is of little use to anyone ... not to mention being almost a year after the Windoze announcement and nearly six months after the Windoze release!

I would much rather buy the Mac version and support Mac development, but I also don't want to miss out on a game competely by not buying the Windoze version while still easily available. Buying both versions is frustrating as well as a waste of money that could be better spent on more Mac software / hardware.

#10 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

View PostBuzz Bumble, on December 31st 2008, 05:33 PM, said:

it would be great to know that a Mac version is actually planned, even if it is with no actual release date, when the PC version is actually released, if not before.

Since Mac ports are usually done by different companies than the ones that release the PC version, that's not usually possible.  Often a Mac version isn't even considered until after the PC version's been out for a while.

--Eric

#11 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

i only beta test food.
Currently I also hold Employee of The Month at the McVities crumb making factory. Just gimme a biscuit and i can make crumbs all day long.

Anyway, what Eric says is spot on. Aside from a few notable exceptions, the mac version is only started a number of months after the PC version is released (to see how sales did, partly, also for patches to settle down and numerous other reasons). And going back to my point again, far more people bitch and moan about an oft delayed game than do about one which is announced and released a month later. Complaints get even worse after release if the port doesnt quite live up to expectations (NWN2's performance for example)

Simply, Feral spent a while announcing a game when they got the deal, or were in early testing or whatever, and they got badly criticised because things went wrong with those ports and got delayed. The number of times CMR was pushed back almost reached double figures. So now, to avoid this, they announce very close to release. Which gives them a bit of free advertising too.
The only way to handle this is to, as I said above, take the common points from each house and apply it to future PC games.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64

#12 Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:42 PM

Makes a mockery of IMG's "release schedule" page.

If they aren't going to announce games properly, then they will get fewer sales since people will often buy the Windoze version and not bother at all with the Mac version when it arrives.

At the very least they could offer some sort of "trade-in" deal where we can take the Windoze version back for a heavy discount on the Mac version rather than "scamming" us for the same game twice.  :(

#13 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • Steam Name:Mister Mumbles

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

View PostBuzz Bumble, on December 31st 2008, 09:42 PM, said:

At the very least they could offer some sort of "trade-in" deal where we can take the Windoze version back for a heavy discount on the Mac version rather than "scamming" us for the same game twice.  :(

Talk about a narrow-minded point of view. How do you expect that to happen when the extreme majority of all game ports are sold by two completely different companies? It's never going to occur.

I'm sorry that I have to tell you this, but if you prefer a wide variety of games to choose from OS X is definitely not the platform for you. Windows still holds and will continue to hold strong in that department. To wish OS X to be an equally viable gaming platform, which seems to be the case for you, is simply unrealistic.

As imperfect as the Mac may be for gaming, I still have a grand ole time doing exactly that on my Macbook. Being an Intel Mac and all that I certainly have the option of Windows gaming, but I've been there, done that. It just isn't worth my time. Dual-booting is a pain (from previous experience on an iMac, which only served to remind me of why I switched to Mac back in '04), and the virtualization apps like Parallels, VMWare, and Crossover leave much to be desired, proving to be an even bigger pain than gain.

Yes, I limit my choices of games that way, and, yes, there may be a game or two I would like to see for OS X, but by and large I'm doing just fine the way things are. From the games that do get ported over some I like, some I could care less about. At the very least, they have the advantage of being the better pick of the litter, most of the time. Besides that, indie-gaming still tends to take the lion's share of my playtime, which games tend to play a much bigger part on the Mac.

Err, yeah, went just a wee bit off-tanget there, didn't I? :unsure:
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#14 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

well yes, some people will just skip the OSX version and buy the PC version... But those are the people who cant be bothered to wait for the mac version anyway. Yes theres the market which is on the cusp, like many on this forum, but the backlash is bigger for games which get overly delayed. Heck, since their announcement, Ive bought both UT3 and GoW for PC because I got tired of waiting.

it really doesnt matter, you simply cant please everyone, so Feral are now pleasing the crowd that likes to see an announcement and then a release which is on schedule. I prefer it that way for sure.

oh, and if you think its a scam, then youre either venting or a bit deluded.

#15 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 3005 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

View Postteflon, on January 1st 2009, 09:12 AM, said:

it really doesnt matter, you simply cant please everyone, so Feral are now pleasing the crowd that likes to see an announcement and then a release which is on schedule. I prefer it that way for sure.
Agreed. The other crowd, the ones that get bent out of shape when something slips even a day, are a worse loud-mouthed bunch.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#16 Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

But those are the people who cant be bothered to wait for the mac version anyway
I think you're missing the point.

It's not a matter of simply "waiting" since we have no idea if there will even be a Mac version. I always wait for a while to see if there is any Mac announcement (especially since this is about the fourth or fifth time it has happened!), but you can't wait forever simply on the chance that there might be a Mac version. That means if you really want a particular game you have to buy the Windoze version before it's no longer available to buy - six months after release some games are impossible to find, unless you want to spend even more money importing them from an overseas webstore.

If the companies would at least say they are planning to release the game at some stage, then I would have no problem waiting for the Mac version, even if it was a year or more later.

Perhaps more people would also be willing to wait if they knew the Mac version was coming, which would mean a few more sales rather than losing out to Mac owners buying the the Windoze version and not bothering with the eventual Mac version at all.

oh, and if you think its a scam

I put "scam" in speech marks to signify that I know it's not done purposely, but it does still mean some of us are needlessly paying twice for the same game, and somwhere along the line someone is getting two lots of their cut.

#17 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

View PostBuzz Bumble, on January 1st 2009, 05:57 PM, said:

If the companies would at least say they are planning to release the game at some stage, then I would have no problem waiting for the Mac version, even if it was a year or more later.

As has been said before, the companies don't even do Mac versions (except for Blizzard, mostly).  Different companies (the porting houses) do Mac versions.  If you're asking for the porting houses to announce a release, sometimes they can't due to contracts, and even when they can, they get nailed big time if there are any delays.  So, as has also been said before, there are two choices: annoy people with premature announcements, or annoy different people by not announcing too far ahead of time.  Seems that the latter annoys fewer people.

For the record, I haven't seen any problems getting ahold of games for quite a long time after release, unless they're really obscure.  In the worst case, you can get used copies pretty easily through many channels. And with the rise of online distribution, that's become a non-issue for a lot of games since they can be made available indefinitely.

--Eric

#18 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

Well, it might be more difficult to find games in New Zealand....

unfortunately, its usually about 6 months after the PC version is released that the mac version is even announced, and then another month or so to release. In this case it was spot on 6 months.

My only suggestion, aside from that which Ive already said, is to try and sign up to Feral's beta testing team. That way youd not only get to hear that the games are coming, but get to play (read as test) them early too.

this is just the way it is now. Youre the most vocal of the "announce it sooner" group, whilst everyone (including myself) gets annoyed when a game is delayed.
Seeing as youve already bought the games on windows, why not finish them there and move on?

#19 J'nathus

J'nathus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

Apparently orange is offensive, so I'll save people the effort of tolerating me.

#20 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

I might have read that if it wasn't all orange and bold....

--Eric