#1 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

The demo is out and the game in 4 days.

I managed to play the demo for a good 20 mins last night.I was sold after the first 5. This game

Is

Awesome.

:nods:

Who else will be buying? I'm up for some Team IMG steam zombie ass kickin!

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:07 AM

There's one reason why I'm not interested in L4D: it's a zombie shooter.

I'm completely and utterly sick of zombies in first-person shooters.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

Why the hell did i post this in here? Gary... you know what to do.

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#4 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

View PostJanichsan, on November 14th 2008, 07:07 PM, said:

There's one reason why I'm not interested in L4D: it's a zombie shooter.

I'm completely and utterly sick of zombies in first-person shooters.

But thats whats so good about it! Its a Zombie First-person Shooter! Its focus is zombies, and its utterly fantastic at what it does. I seriously suggest you try it out Jan

IMG Resident Crackpot

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

#5 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

I'm downloading the demo tonight on Steam, the fact that it's zombie is sort of "meh" but it's apparently a cool coop game that is getting pretty good reviews so a demo will be nice to check out.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:17 PM

View PostAussieMacGamer, on November 14th 2008, 04:42 PM, said:

Why the hell did i post this in here? Gary... you know what to do.
Roger.  Leave no trace.  Aye aye...  Well there is the small matter of your post above and this reply.  I can delete those after I move the thread but there is the lingering matter of those that have already read them.  I'll have to use my Tantalus field.  Those with families may have already told family members so I'll have to deal with that.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#7 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:41 AM

I'm definitely picking this up. The zombie premise is the turnoff for me, too. I never thought I would have my fill of zombies, but there you go.

Still, a game built for co-op from the ground up by Valve has little chance of being anything but fantastic. I love co-op so I'm definitely getting this.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:06 AM

Heh, I see "zombie" and I'm like :rolleyes: and glaze over and move on. I don't know what it is... I just get sick of zombie stuff. My best friend is SOOOOOOOO into zombie stuff though, its brought up very often... and I kind of glaze over. I'm not into them, I just find them utterly useless. Slow moving, decomposed human bodies, wandering around like old people without their walkers. I dont get a rush from it. Plus, it seems zombies aren't as gooshy and rewarding when you kill them. They just kind of fall over, dust puffs out, maybe parts fall off them... but its not the same as killing living beings/creatures instead.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is... I don't know how gameplay or design could be so incredible, that it would make me actually interested in the game despite its genre.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#9 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

Don't like multiplayer, so I don't like L4D. I can see the appeal, but only on an academic level.
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

I really like co-op, so I don't care if it's zombies.  Now all I need is a machine to run it.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

While there are collision problems in the demo ... lots of times people halfway through doors, walls, etc ... it's a great shooter (very Valve-like), runs smoothly on my Core Duo iMac, looks good, and is quite creepy. Even the single player part of the demo is good escaping from the apartment, onto the streets, then through the subway system to the end scene. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the horror/zombie genre (despite loving Shaun of the Dead), I'm still thinking about a purchase. The co-op, btw, is a blast.

Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#12 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Definetly fun! But after pretty much my first couple of matches, i'm now having my usual steam problems and cant get into any games at all. I'm going to post a thread about getting my modem forwarded properly, if anyone can help that would be great!

And frigidman i suggest you at least have a look at L4D. It is a marvelous game!

IMG Resident Crackpot

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

#13 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:55 PM

Its downloaded. When I get time I will run through it and pass gas... er... judgment on it.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#14 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

Ok, I played the demo...

SUK-TAC-U-LAR

I don't think I could have been more displeased with a game than with this. EEeeeiiiisssh lame! No thanks, I won't be wasting any money on this. I won't even waste the disk space anymore for this demo! Every minute I played it I was going "gimmie a break"... "how sad"... "o rly you have to be kidding me"...

-Fm [1oM7]

#15 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

Fair enough.

IMG Resident Crackpot

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

#16 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

But did you play it co-op?  Playing with your buds is what would make it shine.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#17 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

People like us don't have 'buds' to play games like L4D with...
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#18 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

View Postcharmin, on November 17th 2008, 10:27 AM, said:

People like us don't have 'buds' to play games like L4D with...

Well, maybe you don't but the rest of us geeky game nerds do.

Sort of.

Well, virtual ones anyway. Who seem to care a bit in the forums. A little bit maybe.

<stares a keyboard for a bit ... then a bit longer and sighs ... looks outside at the 10" of snow(!) ... begins weeping>

Damn.

<sniffle>

Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

#19 jgwdoc

jgwdoc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

Ok, now that Frigidman has trashed L4D, what do people think of Dead Space? The concept of strategic dismemberment has a certain appeal, and it looks like the graphics are pretty nice. And it's also kind of a zombie game, except in space. Sadly, no Nazi zombies.
Home: MacPro 2x3.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB RAM/ATI HD5770,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Windows 7
Travel: MacbookPro 2.9GHz Quadcore i7/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Radeon Pro560 with 4GB VRAM/Sierra/Windows 10

Beach: iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo-boost to 3.9GHz/16GB RAM/Sierra/Windows10/GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

#20 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on November 17th 2008, 09:43 AM, said:

Well, maybe you don't but the rest of us geeky game nerds do.

Sort of.

Well, virtual ones anyway. Who seem to care a bit in the forums. A little bit maybe.

<stares a keyboard for a bit ... then a bit longer and sighs ... looks outside at the 10" of snow(!) ... begins weeping>

Damn.

<sniffle>
You know, almost everybody I know is on the internet.  I guess that's sort of sad, but ask me if I care.  And, no, I don't.  When I retired I just drifted away from meaties.  I suppose that when I die it will be my wife and some of her friends attending as I don't have much family left, never really got to know them anyway.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat