#41 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:17 AM

View PostMagellan, on November 1st 2008, 05:56 PM, said:

I let my brother-in-law borrow Fate from me, since mine won't load my last save anymore. He has the early Intel Macs (Not Core Duo). He stopped by today to tell me that he finished the game (after level 44 you have the option of retiring, which he did). His OS is 10.4x
He said it crashed a couple of times, but a re-boot took him back to his last save. He saved quite a bit, so it wasn't a really big deal. So I guess my point is that if you have an Intel Mac, you're probably going to be OK playing this game...
I was told by a knowledgeable source, "everyone should be on 10.5 and running an Intel mac. That was the target spec."  I'm going to keep the game rather than return it so that I can run it on my future Intel Mac.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#42 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:12 AM

View PostMagellan, on November 1st 2008, 06:56 PM, said:

I let my brother-in-law borrow Fate from me, since mine won't load my last save anymore. He has the early Intel Macs (Not Core Duo). He stopped by today to tell me that he finished the game (after level 44 you have the option of retiring, which he did). His OS is 10.4x
He said it crashed a couple of times, but a re-boot took him back to his last save. He saved quite a bit, so it wasn't a really big deal. So I guess my point is that if you have an Intel Mac, you're probably going to be OK playing this game...

Interesting news. Might give Fate a whirl at some point here.

#43 OsgoodShepard

OsgoodShepard

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:22 PM

I bought a MacBook last month and loaded my CD version of Fate on it. None of the problems I had on my PPC G4 with OSX 10.4 have appeared on my intel MacBook under OSX 10.5. The game runs fine.

#44 badger2d

badger2d

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

I see the thread title "Problems with FATE" and I think, 'story of my life...'

/now, back to your regularly scheduled thread

#45 Magellan

Magellan

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

According to the MacGameStore, Fate was the 3rd most purchased game last week. That seems odd to me unless:
1) They've read this post and have intel Macs and they (should) be OK
2) They haven't read this topic and are in for BIG problems
3) Wild Tangent/Freeverse finally released an update and I don't know about it!

#46 upset

upset

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

If you are having problems with FATE, you are not alone: http://www.insidemac...showtopic=35559
Basically, I have an Intel mac and the game seems to work fine, but the DRM seems to have screwed it all up ...

#47 Cromo

Cromo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

View PostMagellan, on 02 October 2008 - 07:38 PM, said:

I have 2 completely different problems RE: Fate.

1) There have been occasions where I have the item needed to complete my quest, but when I go back to the person (who offered me the quest) to collect my reward, they act like my quest hasn't been completed--and I have the exact item they seek!

2)I went to continue a saved game, and the blue progress bar loads about ninety-five percent, and just stays there, never quite loaded. And so now, I can't even play the game anymore.

I'm running 10.3.9  768 mb ram  1.25 GZ Power PC.

I'm wondering if it's because I installed Fate in HD/Games instead of HD/Applications....but I don't wanna reinstall and start all over if I have to...but could this be the cause?

Thanks for any input!
:o
I too have the same problems. Of course they didn't show up until many many hours of playing, but before I had completed the final quest.

1. Some quests just don't get recognized when I finish them. Sometimes, if it involves returning an item to the quest-giver, if I drop the item and go up or down a couple levels and then come back for it, it works. Sometimes that doesn't help.

2. I'm also getting the problem where, as I load the game or change levels in the dungeon, the bar stops at about 95% and the game just freezes. At first fiddling with the options helped. Now it doesn't, though. What a terrible shame after spending so much time on the character! It's very annoying. And tech support was useless.