36 replies to this topic

#21 Rank Xerox

Rank Xerox

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

Bombs awaaaay! Take cover for the love of…
Posted Image

From inside the cockpit of a He111H-1
Posted Image

From the Bombadiers view, another He111 below
Posted Image

#22 Rank Xerox

Rank Xerox

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

How it looks on ground from a safe distance when the airforces commense tactical bombings over an village.

Notice the heavy smoke from the initial blast inside the village
Posted Image

Tracers from the AA-guys trying to to do their best, but this group leader have learned his lessen good and stays on a rather safe altitude.
Posted Image

The shocking explosion a fraction of a second later.
Posted Image

#23 Rank Xerox

Rank Xerox

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

A squadron of Douglas DB-7 intercepted on medium high altitude by a few Bf109E-1.
Posted Image

A Bf109E-1 over the treetops
Posted Image

A strategical bombing at 5000 meter over German factories in Düsseldorf. The heavy AAA around the strategical targets is effecient up to at least 6000 meter.
Posted Image

#24 Rank Xerox

Rank Xerox

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

A few more screenis on a few Douglas DB-7 at high altitude just because these are so beautiful. :)

Posted Image

The reargunners view
Posted Image

A DB-7 formation at high altitude by dusk.
Posted Image

#25 Rank Xerox

Rank Xerox

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

A dogfight near the ground
Posted Image

Tracers from a dogfight during nighttime. Screenshot taken from a Bofors-player rolling out his mighty swedish AAA-gun that all pilot so righteously fear.
Posted Image

A small group of British Commandos is about to raid an German Airfield far behind the lines. This is every pilots nightmare, to be killed when taxing out. ;)
Posted Image

So once again, I don't know from where you have got it that WWII Online isn't a good Combat Flight Simulator. If you ask me is it infact the best out there. Heck, they even test out the aircrafts in virtual air-tunnels before they release them for the game.

Check out more on a former WarBirds and WWII Online developer Hoof what he has to say about the airgame in WWII Online (three years old, but still a very good read).

#26 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

View PostRank Xerox, on January 9th 2009, 11:43 PM, said:

Now see what this made me do. I had to post a number of WWII Online Air Combat screenshots. I don't know what you lacking for the airgame in WWII Online. But this is the only Online game were the war in the air actually has an impact on the ground and vice versa.
Oh, geez – what have I done... ;)

I have elaborated on what I find lacking in WWII Online somewhere else already, but cannot find it right now. The problems I had with the flying part of WWIIO are mainly those two:

1.) It's not easy to see any real flying action. I found that you barely see any real action in WWIIO at all, independent whether you choose infantry, air force or navy and actually you'll see the most action as pilot. However: I've never seen more than a handful of fighters or fighter bombers dogfighting above France. That might depend on the time when you log in to the WWIIO servers and in which phase the ongoing campaign is, but compared to any dedicated flight sim, I've hardly seen anything going on.

2.) The actual flight simulation is very, very unrealistic. I was marveled about the realism of WWIIO as long as you was on the ground: when taxiing your plane you really have to take care when do not want your plane to flip over or break your landing gear. But as soon as you take off, you can pull of the wildest flight maneuvers without having to be afraid of stalling. With fighters, you can take off and fly loopings, rolls and whatever you can think off as soon as you are in the air. And that's just unrealistic and arcarde-like. Even the ballistics of the bullets you fire seem not right. Compared to Warbirds and especially Il-2 Sturmovik, the flying part of WWIIO feels just wrong.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#27 Mitlov

Mitlov

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:45 AM

If only IL-2 Sturmovik would be converted to OSX.  It really is in a league of its own among recent flight simulators.

#28 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

View PostMitlov, on January 11th 2009, 02:45 AM, said:

If only IL-2 Sturmovik would be converted to OSX.  It really is in a league of its own among recent flight simulators.

Might make a good "Legends" title from Feral, considering that the IL2 team will be releasing their Storm of War: Battle of Britain this year that will, in every way, trump their masterpiece IL2. Assuming you have a machine capable of running. Maddox and crew are really pushing the envelope with SoW. It look simply stunning.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#29 fabforrest

fabforrest

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on January 11th 2009, 01:49 PM, said:

Might make a good "Legends" title from Feral, considering that the IL2 team will be releasing their Storm of War: Battle of Britain this year that will, in every way, trump their masterpiece IL2. Assuming you have a machine capable of running. Maddox and crew are really pushing the envelope with SoW. It look simply stunning.

will run on mac?

#30 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

View Postfabforrest, on January 31st 2009, 07:09 PM, said:

will run on mac?

No, no, no. PC only.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#31 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:01 AM

View PostMitlov, on January 11th 2009, 08:45 AM, said:

View PostDaveyJJ, on January 11th 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

Might make a good "Legends" title from Feral, ...
For sure. Especially since IL-2 is OpenGL based. (Okay, optionally, but still...)

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#32 glennhailstone

glennhailstone

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

Hello, I am a reasonably new mac user. And I have to say that they are very good computers/OS. However they lack one vital part of any good computer... YOU CANT GET ANY GAMES! Mac you reeaaally need to sort this out! The best flight sim for Mac is X Plane hands down. There are a few combat ones, but I wouldn’t waste my time. I don’t understand why they don’t release more games for Mac, since now more and more people are buying apple? maybe its to do with virus’ I don’t know. What I do know is there are many people out there who feel just like me, we have this great computer out there and can’t get any games for it. Thanks

#33 Marathon4ever

Marathon4ever

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

Supposedly GraphSim is bringing Falcon 4.0 to Mac, but I have no idea what the timetable is -  or if there even is one.

#34 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:49 AM

View Postglennhailstone, on 19 May 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

However they lack one vital part of any good computer... YOU CANT GET ANY GAMES! Mac you reeaaally need to sort this out!
I strongly disagree. There are a lot of games for the Mac, and very good ones – but just not combat flight sims. Unfortunately, that genre is pretty much dead. Not only on Mac, but in general. You can count all combat flight sims that have been released in the last five years (and I'm only talking about simulations, not arcade action games with planes) on one hand: DCS Black Hawk, DCS A-10, Wings of Prey and Cliffs of Dover.

#35 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:46 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 23 May 2011 - 02:49 AM, said:

You can count all combat flight sims that have been released in the last five years (and I'm only talking about simulations, not arcade action games with planes) on one hand: DCS Black Hawk, DCS A-10, Wings of Prey and Cliffs of Dover.

*PHEW!* Thought you were going to leave the four-fingered crowd out!
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#36 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 21 December 2011 - 02:46 AM, said:

*PHEW!* Thought you were going to leave the four-fingered crowd out!
Naw, Janichsan father was a Toon.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#37 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

Anyone know if someone can get high-res, wide screen cockpits from the likes of cockpits.nl to work with F4: Allied Force?

macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB