edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:18 AM

View Postdr.zeissler, on September 16th 2008, 12:50 PM, said:

@Edwin
is it usefull that we diuscuss game-request here, or in other words: is the roadmap of the games that were ported already fixed, or are you still searching for titles to be ported in the near future ?

if you still search for future titles (near future) i think this would be helpfull.

1. Game Title
2. Release Year
3. Game Genre
4. Blockbuster as PC Version (Y/N)
5. Why should it be ported ?

Doc

You can discuss away as much as you want, or suggest via the email link provided. As I kind of mentioned a few times I cannot tell you things about Feral that are not public and as such most of your questions are out of court for me to answer. All I can say is that Pirates is not the last Legends game it's the first and we will be releasing more Legends games in the future. I can't mention timings of anything other than we are always looking out for great games to bring to the Mac legends or not.

As such suggestions from members of the public is one of the many things we take into consideration. Your suggestions on information about the games you suggest would be great to include on the email if you like although most of the items you mentioned if the game is a legend we would hopefully know about. :)

View PostMacProject, on September 16th 2008, 05:02 PM, said:

I always wanted to play Armies of Exigo.  
Any chance of that being ported to the Mac platform?

I am sure I have said this before but to underline this one last time. :) I will never comment on games that could come to the Mac as this is how rumours one way or the other start. I can listen and post the odd comment but you will never get me to say "game XXX is awesome, thanks for the suggestion, we will be making it for the Mac but don't tell anyone ok ;)". What I can say is your suggestion has been noted, thanks!

I enjoy posting in forums and answering questions where I can but please think about the question before asking it, I have to walk the tightrope between posting to you all in threads like this one and not putting myself in a position where I mention anything or say something that I should not which would effect me or the company. Don't want to be a kill joy but every time I post I have to double check as I am posting with two different 'hats', me as a person in the street and me as  an employee of Feral. So if you keep the questions to ones I have a chance of answering I can be more vocal and join in, if I get questions I just cannot answer like "will XXX be coming to the mac?" I will become more quiet.

Cheers!

Edwin

#42 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:04 AM

Does it have to be a PC only blockbuster, or are old Mac games also acceptable?
I would love to play an OS X compatible Night Trap, and would pay a pretty penny for it to.

#43 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:24 AM

Why isn't Outcast on the top 10 list? It got several mentions :-/
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#44 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:03 AM

I'm not sure if all these would run happily on the latest GMA chips, but some will. But I'd certainly buy a Mac OS X version of any one:

Rome: Total War
Medieval: Total War
Sid Meier's Gettysburg
Take Command 2nd Manassas
Cossacks

#45 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:28 AM

View Postcharmin, on September 21st 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

Why isn't Outcast on the top 10 list? It got several mentions :-/

Fixed.

BTW: I know we all have our fave old-school titles from the 90s. But I highly doubt Feral would consider a 10 year old game and charge 25$ for it. What do you guys think about focusing on more recent, not ancient games?
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#46 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:49 AM

Because it still looks and plays like a 2k game.

That and games I think deserve a "legends", even though I have played them and wouldn't do so again on the mac:

Armies of Exigo, Psychonauts, Outcast, Space Rangers 2 (this is a summary of all mentions I made in this thread)
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.

#47 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:14 AM

I don't know, I kind of like the idea of having a fully working Mac port of a game that doesn't even run in Windows anymore.

#48 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8100 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:05 AM

I certainly would not expect Half-Life, neither 1 nor 2. I doubt Valve will give out the license for a reasonable price.

However, Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil are good candidates for the Legends.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#49 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

View PostJanichsan, on September 22nd 2008, 11:05 AM, said:

I certainly would not expect Half-Life, neither 1 nor 2. I doubt Valve will give out the license for a reasonable price.

However, Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil are good candidates for the Legends.

I agree on Valve. It's not going to happen. Not until someone's willing to pay big bucks and/or Apple starts to take gaming seriously.

As a matter of fact, I re-bought myself a decent-priced PS2 just to be able to play those 2 games again (amongst others, including Fahrenheit and God of War) – curse Sony for eliminating full backwards compatibility on the "new" PS3.
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#50 Vulpine

Vulpine

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:18 AM

View PostJan, on September 22nd 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

I agree on Valve. It's not going to happen. Not until someone's willing to pay big bucks and/or Apple starts to take gaming seriously.

As a matter of fact, I re-bought myself a decent-priced PS2 just to be able to play those 2 games again (amongst others, including Fahrenheit and God of War) – curse Sony for eliminating full backwards compatibility on the "new" PS3.

Valve were working on an OS 9 port of Half-Life and then gave up, so potentially that code still lurks around somewhere. But Valve have been very vocally attacking Apple recently for their games policy, and one would imagine they'd want to tie an OS X version into Steam somehow.

#51 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:09 AM

no no. they had someone else working on the OS9 port, but then cancelled it because of money. Firstly they didnt think theyd make enough, and secondly they would have had to try very hard to keep the mac version in line with the PC version. Not to mention that they didnt want the hassle of working out a way of getting mods to be cross platform short of themselves taking each mod and porting it. So they canned it.

As for HL2, its been said in interviews a while back that Gabe was quite happy to port it to the mac so long as valve got exactly what they wanted. Namely vastly improved drivers (fair enough), lots of support from Apple (again, fair enough) and $1,000,000 hard cash (ridiculous).

So basically no chance, unless Apple can inadvertently make big inroads into gaming.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#52 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

Katamari Damacy. One of them, though all of them would be nice.

#53 Mr. Selvetarm

Mr. Selvetarm

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

Well, as seen on certain websites, it is quite easy to ciderize HL2 and make it run phenomenally and look beautiful.

Gosh it's been a while... Sold the Green Monster and the iPad for a truly amazing new beast.

THE RAINBOW GREMLIN: i5-760 @ 3.2ghz, ASUS H57 Mobo, EVGA 470 GTX (1280mb) , 8gb OCZ Reaper HPC, 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 2tb Samsung F3, 800 Watt Corsair PSU

#54 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

View Postjackdawsson, on September 21st 2008, 07:03 AM, said:

Rome: Total War.

Gary!!! Make him stop it!  :cool:

<runs off shrieking>ah, ah, ahhhh</runs off shrieking>

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#55 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:27 PM

View PostMr. Selvetarm, on September 22nd 2008, 05:38 PM, said:

Well, as seen on certain websites, it is quite easy to ciderize HL2 and make it run phenomenally and look beautiful.
It's even easier to pay Valve a million bucks to do it, too. It's still cheaper to just use CrossOver Office, though.

#56 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8100 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:42 AM

View Postbobbob, on September 23rd 2008, 12:27 AM, said:

Katamari Damacy. One of them, though all of them would be nice.
I'd buy that, but I think there never was a PC version of this one, wasn't it?

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#57 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:36 AM

View PostMr. Selvetarm, on September 23rd 2008, 01:38 AM, said:

well, it is a four year old game. wouldnt you expect it to run well even under Cider?

View Postbobbob, on September 23rd 2008, 06:27 AM, said:

It's even easier to pay Valve a million bucks to do it, too. It's still cheaper to just use CrossOver Office, though.

no, actually its cheaper to pirate it and run it under cider. It easier to download it already ciderized too...
I think you lose :P
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#58 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8100 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:07 AM

View Postteflon, on September 23rd 2008, 10:36 AM, said:

well, it is a four year old game. wouldnt you expect it to run well even under Cider?
Especially since Wine (and hence Cider) is especially optimised to run Half-Life.

#59 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on September 23rd 2008, 04:39 AM, said:

Gary!!! Make him stop it!  :cool:

<runs off shrieking>ah, ah, ahhhh</runs off shrieking>

I'm trying to stop it, really, but I just can't help myself.  I guess it's a type of OCD.  :P

If ever I find myself in the trenches being bombed day & night, needing back-up from the grunt next to me, I hope I won't have to rely on someone like you... I can smell a deserter in the making even from here!  ;)

#60 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:05 PM

View Postjackdawsson, on September 23rd 2008, 04:11 PM, said:

I'm trying to stop it, really, but I just can't help myself.  I guess it's a type of OCD.  :P

If ever I find myself in the trenches being bombed day & night, needing back-up from the grunt next to me, I hope I won't have to rely on someone like you... I can smell a deserter in the making even from here!  ;)

That's not me you're smelling. I ran off too fast. Check the grunt to your left who soiled himself and is now weeping for his mommy.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau