87 replies to this topic

#81 MightySlugMan

MightySlugMan

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

Not sure if this was present pre iTunes 8, however I've been noticing since I've updated that my album art is getting mixed up.  For example I had a World Inferno/Friendship Society album on a Something Corporate album or Spoon on my Explosions in the Sky.  I've been using the built in cover search tool for some time and haven't had a problem before.  Anybody else running into this or hear of something similar?
"Nothing here but us text"

#82 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:33 AM

I had something like this with iTunes 7. The program insisted to load for the album "Nirvana" (from Nirvana) a cover with a picture of complete dorks. This was somehow iTS related and not a flaw of iTunes itself.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#83 Mr. Selvetarm

Mr. Selvetarm

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:28 PM

Really? My Nirvana "Nirvana" album got perfect results, as did all my music.

Gosh it's been a while... Sold the Green Monster and the iPad for a truly amazing new beast.

THE RAINBOW GREMLIN: i5-760 @ 3.2ghz, ASUS H57 Mobo, EVGA 470 GTX (1280mb) , 8gb OCZ Reaper HPC, 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 2tb Samsung F3, 800 Watt Corsair PSU

#84 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

View PostJanichsan, on November 20th 2008, 06:33 PM, said:

I had something like this with iTunes 7. The program insisted to load for the album "Nirvana" (from Nirvana) a cover with a picture of complete dorks. This was somehow iTS related and not a flaw of iTunes itself.

Might depend on the Itunes store your using. Nirvana might be instead Greatest Hits in your region, hence the mixup.

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#85 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:53 AM

View PostAussieMacGamer, on November 21st 2008, 07:10 AM, said:

Might depend on the Itunes store your using. Nirvana might be instead Greatest Hits in your region, hence the mixup.
No, it always was "Nirvana" here. The problem fixed itself some time ago (I think even before iTunes 8 came out), so there's the correct cover now.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#86 MightySlugMan

MightySlugMan

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

I don't think I was quite understood.  I was pretty sure that all my album artwork was correct before updating to v8, but since updating I've noticed that some of my albums are suddenly showing album covers of other albums that I own, and not of the correct album.  After manually clearing the artwork, and having iTunes redo the album cover search, it's all fine and dandy again.  I usually have iTunes add covers to albums as I come across them in my playlists and then check each track to make sure each of them were properly updated.  Haven't had iTunes mismatch, yet.  Just somehow scramble em up later...
"Nothing here but us text"

#87 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:32 AM

View Postcharmin, on September 12th 2008, 08:34 AM, said:

Am I imagining it, or have the MiniPlayer menu item and keyboard shortcut gone missing? Clicking maximise still works (:cool:), but I *know* there was a shortcut before.

Ctrl + Cmd + Z.

(Took me a while to find it)
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#88 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

theres a big keyboard shortcut list under the help menu.
Quite a few useful ones in there which you should look up.
Not that I know any of them...
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor