#41 UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

View Postt3h_n00b, on November 2nd 2008, 08:51 PM, said:

...please save the snide comments for Betheseda hate forums.

View Postt3h_n00b, on November 2nd 2008, 08:51 PM, said:

I'm not exactly sure why, but I am enjoying this game immensely so far - perhaps because I'm provided with a large, virtual playground to create my own sort of story and personality. There are plenty of ugly quirks along the way, but nothing I can't live with. Love it or hate it is what I think it all boils down to; I just so happen to love the game (so far), but I could easily see why someone else might hate it just as passionately.

Hmm...

Well, it's Oblivion not Fallout.  That's enough for me to skip it, since it would be a constant source of annoyance.

#42 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:34 AM

I did a quick run through the forums, and couldn't find my answer: Does F3 run on Crossover?
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#43 Mr. Selvetarm

Mr. Selvetarm

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

I know that Oblivion doesn't so I would assume that F3 doesn't.

Gosh it's been a while... Sold the Green Monster and the iPad for a truly amazing new beast.

THE RAINBOW GREMLIN: i5-760 @ 3.2ghz, ASUS H57 Mobo, EVGA 470 GTX (1280mb) , 8gb OCZ Reaper HPC, 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 2tb Samsung F3, 800 Watt Corsair PSU

#44 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3815 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:08 AM

View PostMr. Selvetarm, on November 15th 2008, 01:03 PM, said:

I know that Oblivion doesn't so I would assume that F3 doesn't.
I've heard of one guy who could install F3 just fine, but not get it to run.. So I would like to hear what you guys had of experience. :)

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#45 Hoffer802

Hoffer802

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:27 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on November 15th 2008, 07:08 AM, said:

I've heard of one guy who could install F3 just fine, but not get it to run.. So I would like to hear what you guys had of experience. :)

Though I have no experience with crossover, I have always used boot camp, I can't imagine the performance being anywhere close to enjoyable with a game like Fallout 3.

On another note, I did just pick the game up for my pc...and I must say I am really enjoying it so far.  Obviously the first thing you will notice is that it does feel like Oblivion which is no surprise but I felt that the central story line in Fallout picked up much quicker.  Also the morale choices seem to be much greater than in Oblivion...for example in the first town you come across is a ancient undetonated atom bomb.  You are then confronted with the choices of either leaving the bomb in its current state, rigging the bomb to explode, or completely defusing it.  I chose to defuse the bomb so I am not totally sure if you could actually blow up the entire town and surrounding area...planning on taking that path the next play through because this is definitely one of those games that will drive you to complete it, and replay it over and over to explore the different paths.
Oh and did I mention that in this town with the bomb, there exists a religious sect that worships the power of the bomb?

Its things like that make Fallout 3 just as enjoyable, if not more enjoyable than Oblivion for me.  Granted I loved Oblivion so that is probably part of why I have been enjoying Fallout 3.  

If you didn't enjoy Oblivion, you probably wont enjoy this one so I guess that makes it somewhat easier to decide if you want to drop the money on it.

Anyways like I said, I am currently working my way through so I can't give an exact and in depth review, but so far I have found it to be a great game and definitely worth picking up, and I would be happy to answer any questions about the game.
The Mac:  15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.33ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, ATI x1600 256mb, 3 gigs ram.
The PC :  3.0ghz Intel Core2Duo E8400, Asus P5N-D nForce SLI Motherboard, BFG GeForce8800 GT OC 512MB, 4gigs ram

-Shiny, lets be bad guys ~Jane
-If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up, honestly there could be tears ~ Mal

#46 Ranger_Joe

Ranger_Joe

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Steam Name:rangerjoe79
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

I just finished Fallout 3 on my PS3.  I did encounter a few bugs that I hope can be ironed out in a future patch, otherwise it is a solid entry into the Fallout series.

#47 Mr. Selvetarm

Mr. Selvetarm

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on November 15th 2008, 08:08 AM, said:

I have no experience with F3 but I have some with Oblivion, which installs fine, but doesn't even begin to display the loading screen.

Gosh it's been a while... Sold the Green Monster and the iPad for a truly amazing new beast.

THE RAINBOW GREMLIN: i5-760 @ 3.2ghz, ASUS H57 Mobo, EVGA 470 GTX (1280mb) , 8gb OCZ Reaper HPC, 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 2tb Samsung F3, 800 Watt Corsair PSU

#48 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3815 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:11 AM

View PostHoffer802, on November 15th 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

for example in the first town you come across is a ancient undetonated atom bomb.  You are then confronted with the choices of either leaving the bomb in its current state, rigging the bomb to explode, or completely defusing it.  I chose to defuse the bomb so I am not totally sure if you could actually blow up the entire town and surrounding area...planning on taking that path the next play through because this is definitely one of those games that will drive you to complete it, and replay it over and over to explore the different paths.
Spoiler

#49 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:03 AM

Speaking of bombs, anyone that's played Fallout 3 will appreciate the mine stacking glitch:

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=Jowfxw-f_EE
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#50 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:21 AM

I used to play on a Halo server that had a mod where the shotgun fired sticky grenades.  A buttload of them and they all went off at the same time.  I spent more time in the air than I did on the ground.  Spawn, grab the shotgun, fire a shot onto the seat of a Ghost, have a seat, enjoy the view.  Even Scorpions were blown across the map.

Posted Image
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#51 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3815 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

View Postcharmin, on December 13th 2008, 11:03 AM, said:

Speaking of bombs, anyone that's played Fallout 3 will appreciate the mine stacking glitch:

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=Jowfxw-f_EE
Man, that is hilarious! :D

#52 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:55 PM

Bethesda hired Obsidian Entertainment to make Fallout: New Vegas. Maybe they do understand that they can't make RPGs.
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive