107 replies to this topic

#41 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

That and I think this was a social project. See how charmin never really replied to any of our requests about the nature of this question he posed?

I think we are being watched.. <_<   >_>
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.

#42 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

I replied a few times, but my curiosity was sated.
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#43 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

View Postcharmin, on September 4th 2008, 12:05 PM, said:

I replied a few times, but my curiosity was sated.

With crumpets. And raspberry jam.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#44 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

New thread: "Does jam suck? Yes."
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)

#45 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:41 PM

Conserve is much much better. Doesnt taste as sugary, but contains as much sugar. WAAAAH!??!
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#46 ant on holiday

ant on holiday

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:40 AM

View Postcharmin, on September 5th 2008, 04:57 AM, said:

New thread: "Does jam suck? Yes."

lol probably everyone will disagree with you on that one too, but just out of my interest why do you hate jam? :huh:
waiting for diablo 3... wonder how long i have to wait
Antti

#47 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:48 AM

< Scurvy-ridden fruit dodger.

#48 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:23 AM

thats shameful...
dyu know what my lunch is gonna be? 3 quarters of a water melon. Im just gonna sit there with a spoon and watch house.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64

#49 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Watermelon sucks! There is too much water and too little melon. You burn calories while eating it! It is like exercise.
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive

#50 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:33 AM

but its so much fun to eat! specially if you hum 'watermelon man' at the same time.

#51 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

Eating watermelon is a sport.  You are issued spit pucks with every bite and the challenges are many.  Who can spit a seed the farthest?  Who can land a seed closest to a stick, pebble, or inside an empty watermelon half... and so on.  True watermelon affectionados sit upwind within range of a pile of dog poo and aim for the flies.  First one to smunch a flies face into the poo wins the entire pile!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#52 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on September 6th 2008, 12:11 PM, said:

True watermelon affectionados sit upwind within range of a pile of dog poo and aim for the flies.  First one to smunch a flies face into the poo wins the entire pile!

I'm sure tBC means you win the pile of accumulated watermelon seeds.  :nods:

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#53 badger2d

badger2d

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:34 PM

View PostDark_Archon, on September 5th 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

Watermelon sucks! There is too much water and too little melon. You burn calories while eating it! It is like exercise.

Move over, Dr. Atkins.  Here comes the watermelon diet!

#54 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:24 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on September 6th 2008, 04:40 PM, said:

I'm sure tBC means you win the pile of accumulated watermelon seeds.  :nods:
Er... no, I was talking about the poo.  What do you want with the seeds that bounced off the poo?  To reuse them?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#55 5TeN

5TeN

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

I absolutely love D2 on the mac :)
Its one of the only games I can play on my not so good laptop :P.
Its addictive, fun, and provides hours of entertainment which distracts me from homework lol.
I think its a great addition to have to your mac games library.

-5TeN
Macbook White
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Intel Integrated Graphics - GMA X3100
120 GB Memory

Macbook Unleashed
"Gaming & Application Reviews for the Macbook White"

#56 Jude

Jude

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

View PostCobra, on August 16th 2008, 10:24 PM, said:

Personally to sum up Diablo, I would describe it as a dungeon crawler full of randomly generated goodness :)

Well said!

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com

#57 ladyjaye

ladyjaye

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

It always makes me laugh when someone talks about a game that's a full decade old or nearly a decade old (depending on which of the Diablo games we're talking about) and complains on how it sucks. I do find the original Diablo to be unplayable, but a good deal of it is issues running the game under classic, although there's also the fact that there are many gameplay elements that were improved and tweaked with Diablo II and with other RPGs and hack n slash games since then.

Diablo II on the other hand remains enjoyable if you're into hack n slash. If you want a full-blown RPG experience, go for games like Neverwinter Nights, not Diablo. And if you like tactical RPGs or RTS, there are many of them out there, including Starcraft and the Final Fantasy Tactics series (personally, I hate tactical RPGs, but that's because I really suck at them -- doesn't mean that they're bad games per se, they're just not for me). But if slashing a horde of demons is your thing, it's still a fun game today (which is why people still play it after all this time) and the OSX installer released by Blizzard works very well, even with Panther. If we're to compare old oranges with newer oranges, I can say that Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I/II, released on PS2 and Xbox (and Cube and GBA in the case of the first game) is definitely an inferior game to Diablo II.

I can't comment on online play experience with Diablo II, since online gaming isn't my cup of tea.

#58 Brad Oliver

Brad Oliver

Awesome Developer Dude Guy

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts
  • Steam Name:hoserama99
  • Steam ID:hoserama99

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

View Postladyjaye, on November 4th 2008, 08:32 AM, said:

It always makes me laugh when someone talks about a game that's a full decade old or nearly a decade old (depending on which of the Diablo games we're talking about) and complains on how it sucks. I do find the original Diablo to be unplayable, but a good deal of it is issues running the game under classic, although there's also the fact that there are many gameplay elements that were improved and tweaked with Diablo II and with other RPGs and hack n slash games since then.

I recently tried to play Mac Diablo 1, and I ran into a lot of the same issues. Classic is dead, so Leopard is straight out of the question, never mind Rosetta. Barring a Mac that boots into OS 9, it's literally impossible to play on the Mac nowadays. I have played Diablo 2 many times, and missed the original so I wanted to complete the experience and play Diablo 1 in preparation for Diablo 3.

As it happens, I had a Win32 Diablo 1 disc from one of the battlepacks so I was able to play it under Windows (don't remember if I used Fusion or Boot Camp). I found it to be very constraining after having played Diablo 2, but I'm glad I played it and would still recommend it.
Brad Oliver
bradman at pobox dot com

#59 devSin

devSin

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

Do lunch with Rob or something and make him pick up the tab unless he agrees to port it?

Having a Mac that boots into Mac OS 9, I did play it recently. Fun, but I agree that the experience doesn't really stand up to time. I would have been right there with the people who claimed how dark and moody it was (over Diablo II) and how the music was frighteningly evil, but apparently, this isn't actually the case when you're not working from fond but archaic memories.

Still a good game, though.

#60 ladyjaye

ladyjaye

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

View PostBrad Oliver, on November 4th 2008, 11:20 AM, said:

I recently tried to play Mac Diablo 1, and I ran into a lot of the same issues. Classic is dead, so Leopard is straight out of the question, never mind Rosetta. Barring a Mac that boots into OS 9, it's literally impossible to play on the Mac nowadays. I have played Diablo 2 many times, and missed the original so I wanted to complete the experience and play Diablo 1 in preparation for Diablo 3.

As it happens, I had a Win32 Diablo 1 disc from one of the battlepacks so I was able to play it under Windows (don't remember if I used Fusion or Boot Camp). I found it to be very constraining after having played Diablo 2, but I'm glad I played it and would still recommend it.

That's always a possibility for me. I have the dual Mac/PC discs from the Battlechest, so I could try playing it on my boyfriend's PC.