Diablo III (was: New game from Blizzard?)

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#141 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:24 AM

View PostTesseract, on July 21st 2008, 08:32 PM, said:

Things turn fluoro green when they're poisoned

How could I forget, I love my high-tech night vision goggles for those dark and hard to see dungeons.

#142 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

View Postnobody, on July 20th 2008, 07:59 PM, said:

Har, that petition is silly.

That could totally be done with some post-processing. (Hello darken and contrast filters!) As if the 'before' shots are even approaching the cartoon look of Warcraft, and heaven forbid we should have any colours aside from gunmetal grey, puke green and monkey popsnizzle brown.

[edit] we present for contrast the dark and disturbing world of Diablo II. How dare they abandon this in favour of the current candyland graphics!

Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostTesseract, on July 21st 2008, 11:02 AM, said:

Whatever do you mean? Things turn fluoro green when they're poisoned and bright blue when they're frozen in dark, gritty, realistic settings all the time.

LOL

Finally some sanity. The D3 graphics look awesome and nothing like WoW.

Funny thing was I just finished the Throne of Destruction today with a new Sorceress (1000 firewall damage - she owned Baal!) and the screen was awash with very bright red, bright green monsters, bright blue monsters, and big cute looking yellow monsters from the last wave. My partner's Act3 mercenary was firing bright blue/white cold bolts and his barb was issuing these Battle Commands with this yellow/orange effect and my Act5 barbarian soldier was grunting along with him and my sorceress let out a few blue novas when she was hit and...

But I thought I'd really stick it up the goths and spray unlimited WHITE chain lightning bolts around the place with my finger held down on the mana column of my belt so I could enjoy a continuous flow of pure WHITE to blind the monsters into oblivion.

Yep :eek: lots of WHITE - it was so bright we had to wear sunglasses.

It is so sad that Blizzard produce such dark games. I'm fed up with trying to adjust the gamma of my monitor... not.

#143 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:07 AM

View Postcleansanchez, on July 21st 2008, 02:22 PM, said:

... the screen was awash with very bright red, bright green monsters, bright blue monsters, and big cute looking yellow monsters from the last wave.
Definitely. I can remember even some rather pinkish sub-bosses (no magical flying ponies, though). The complaints about D3 being to bright or colourful are rather ridiculous (it can't get brighter than D2's desert or more colourful than its monsters). However, I could do without those huge shoulder paddings.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#144 sduf

sduf

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:34 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on July 1st 2008, 01:03 AM, said:

Same here. Diablo 2 was nowhere as dark as Diablo 1.. In fact, they were way different. I would *love* to have Diablo 3 has creepy as the first one, but unless they can make some extremely dark music to accompany it, and it doesnt turn into a major light-party as the current gameplay footage shows, they wont make it..

Oh.. I loved the sound of the crying children when you reached levels 5+ in Diablo 1.. ^^

yeah - the music really made the game both DI and DII.  

I wonder if Matt Uelmann will come back?  He did an amazing job with the soundtracks...  I don't see much about him any more on the 'net.  

There is a pseudo-petition to bring Matt to DIII music here