Age of Empires III

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kbrad2008

kbrad2008

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

Hi, Everyone.  I have signed on here because I'm hoping one of you can help me help my son fix a problem with a new game he purchased.  He just bought Age of Empires III, and it keeps crashing on him after approx. 15 mins. of play.  I have looked on every forum I know to look on, with no luck.  I updated AOE III to the latest version and that did not help.  Reading discussion boards on other sites, this game appears to work fine for some and not so fine for others, using basically the same setup we have.  We have a 24" iMac, Intel Core2 Duo, with lots of space.  We also run the latest version of Mac OS Leopard.  I feel hopeful that there is a simple setting I can change in order to make this work.  When the game crashes, it just freezes up and he has to hold the power button down for a few seconds in order to turn off the computer.  Any suggestions you can make would be very much appreciated!  Thanks!

#2 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:41 AM

It's probably Leopard. If it is, just stay and pray. (for a new update)
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.

#3 Togglemeister

Togglemeister

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Even with 10.5.8 with the latest 1.0.6 update I am not able to load the saved single games and it crashes.
(Now) Late 2013 27" 3.4 ghz iMac, stock configurations.
(Then) 2005 Powermac G5 Dual Core 2.3 ghz, Leopard, 256mb nvidia 6600GT.
(Archived) DA w/Single Sonnet G4 1.4 ghz  2mb L3, Tiger, 1 gb ram, 128 mb ati 9800 pro (AGP)