3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:42 AM

The Spore Creature Creator has been added as a pre-order item to the Apple store. It gives Spore fans, and those who are creatively curious, the first hands-on opportunity to design their own species and share it with their friends. All creatures designed with the program can be imported into the full retail version of Spore for PC and Mac when it launches in September.

From the developers of The Sims, the SPORE Creature Creator is your introduction to an amazing and innovative new universe. It's a powerful yet easy-to-use creation tool that requires only a Mac or PC and a mouse.

With a simple drag-and-drop interface, SPORE Creature Creator lets you assemble your creature from a wide range of parts. Want tentacles? No problem. Five eyes? How about seven? Pull and stretch those parts exactly as you choose, then paint your creature with unique colors and patterns. This truly unprecedented level of flexibility frees you to make a limitless number of fun creatures. Bring those creatures to life, see how they dance, strike a pose, and much more. In just a few minutes, anyone can easily make incredible animated creatures.

You can share your favorites with friends using simple built-in tools, then visit the SPORE website and look at all the other cool creatures your friends and people all around the world are making and then pull them into your SPORE Creature Creator and play with them.

Features:
Build using 228 drag-and-drop, flexible parts
Paint with unique patterns so your creature stands out in a crowd
Play with your creature as it comes to life with dances, poses, and emotions
Share using built-in snapshot and video tools to make your creature a star
The Spore Creature Creator will be available starting June 17, 2008. Head over to the site below to sign up for pre-order.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Malt-Pipefishes

Malt-Pipefishes

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:23 PM

Sorry EA, nothing you can say or do will make me pay $10 for a fancy demo.  :mellow:
1.8Ghz Intel iMac (Q1 2006) 1.5 GB RAM, x1600 gfx card

"Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But Doctor... I am Pagliacci."

#3 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:35 PM

And it doesn't come with a coupon for money off the full game? I don't know why anybody would spend $10 for a little demo...
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive

#4 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:08 AM

View PostDark_Archon, on June 4th 2008, 09:35 PM, said:

I don't know why anybody would spend $10 for a little demo...

:blush:

PS. "Little" is the downloadable version with only a 1/4 of the parts.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau