107 replies to this topic

#41 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

I thought I saw a ranked 1.4 server! Guess I was right. But I filter by ping so by my luck I usually see only unranked 1.4. Which is fine. Same game.

I MIGHT be playing tonight--like 9pm+ mountain time. Will send you an IMG message if so, QuantaCat :)

Lately I've been playing spur-of-the-moment as a work break, and not staying long.

I have seen up to 5 people playing at once on my server. And at other times... only crickets.

#42 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:01 AM

Tonights bad, I'm playing in a cafe. (music) But maybe saturday or friday.
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.

#43 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

Music? Craziness!

I didn't have time to play after all. But one of these days....

I'm afraid I'm entering a couple busy weeks again, which may mean I won't REALLY be desperate for a QW patch until mid-June. But maybe I'll have more free time than I expect to.

(O/T what do you play?)

#44 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

I have time on friday and saturday night, GMT+1 time zone. Probably between 2100-0000, but I don't know if I will play if I don't know if someone is on. I do have to reboot, you know. And playing in 1.4 is only fun if other peoples are around.. How bout a quick PM to the face if you're going to play? this goes for anyone willing to join me in the fight against AI evil. (I have my ipod touch set up so I can always check my mails :D)

(I play fretless bass, both acoustically and electrically. Not at the same time, though. We didn't end up playing in a cafe after all, but we signed on for next time, and we will practice more in the coming month. Also, a good friend of mine went along, but she didn't have time to join us in the cafe (which we then resigned from anyway due to various reasons), and loved the practice. So now we'll all be playing together. Lots of fun awaits!)
QC.

#45 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:03 AM

in US, on the east coast, that time is going to be 3PM-6PM. on the west coast though its gonna be 12PM-3PM... whilst in nagromme's particular case, itll be 1PM-4PM. so if hes got a job, then thats out the window on the friday. youre better off trying to organise for the weekend really.

out of interest, what music do you play etc. etc.?
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#46 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:28 AM

Well. A little bit of everything, really. But yesterday, it was mostly blues, oriental.. things. We called it "circus style", because we kept switching between them all.

But generally, I'm a fan of jazz, blues, psychedelic (well, I played in a psychedelic jamming session once, we played one song = one hour, it was pretty mad), and such.

Ah and organisation is hard when I have kids and they're here during the day. So only night times for me, sadly.
QC.

#47 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:31 AM

There's almost no time of day that's guaranteed impossible for me... it's more a matter of probability! Evenings being the most likely, but I've played in the day at times too. My schedule is flexible. (It's just not always me who gets to flex it!)

#48 DesterWallaboo

DesterWallaboo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:18 PM

Sigh..... looks like yet another weekend without the 1.5 patch.....

#49 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

Didn't stop you from standing in front of my Hyperblaster though :)

#50 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

aaaah... now that is what I call a lot of fun.

I defenitely work better as an infiltrator/covert ops than a technician, but never mind that! good classic fun!
QC.

#51 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

Yep, glad you made it! Too bad I couldn't play longer.

I got good (sort of) with Tech first (switching classes was way too much to learn at first), then Infiltrator, and now I'm making myself play Aggressor even though it's the most boring class with the least room for creativity. But now I feel I understand the flow enough to jump in as any class that's needed--I have played Constructor briefly when the need was dire.

Oppressor I have never played with humans, and it will be the last thing I tackle. That class has maximum potential for really screwing your team! I just KNOW I will carpet bomb my whole team someday if I'm not careful. And take out all our deployables, vehicles and mines in the process.

I'm almost ready for that challenge :)

EDIT: Hmmm... I see people playing on my sever now... THEY can't blame me for bombing them, it's my server! I think I'll go play....

#52 Schmittroth

Schmittroth

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

I got this from Aspyr Monday (June 2nd).  Sigh.

"Thank you for choosing Enemy Territory: Quake Wars for the Mac. Unfortunately, if a patch is not shown on our support page, or we have not made an announcement about it, then we have no public comment as to whether we are evaluating it or not.  However, we are aware that a new patch has come out for Quake Wars on the PC. Please keep checking our website for further updates.

Have a great day.

-Aspyr Tech Support"

#53 TheGreenie

TheGreenie

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:15 PM

View PostSchmittroth, on June 2nd 2008, 03:54 PM, said:

I got this from Aspyr Monday (June 2nd).  Sigh.

"Thank you for choosing Enemy Territory: Quake Wars for the Mac. Unfortunately, if a patch is not shown on our support page, or we have not made an announcement about it, then we have no public comment as to whether we are evaluating it or not.  However, we are aware that a new patch has come out for Quake Wars on the PC. Please keep checking our website for further updates.

Have a great day.

-Aspyr Tech Support"

And why waste your time on their site when it's the same old BS day in and out, better off looking at one of the software update places e.g. macupdate, versiontracker and macgamefiles or a news site like here so that you're not filled with disappointment every day their site looks exactly the same... It's not as though they have a .plan or anything like that for interesting progress news, a patch will just appear one day. Until that point they keep you in the dark.  :bleedingeyes: Why do I keep buying their games...

#54 Nail

Nail

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

screw that, start bitchin at Activision

#55 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:28 AM

Hooray for activision? Aspyr is the one with something to lose here, not activision.

Oh and you buy their games because It's The Only Thing Around™
QC.

#56 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:06 AM

A non-answer like that is just... a non-answer. No more, no less. It doesn't tell us anything--it just means they wouldn't tell YOU anything prior to telling the rest of the world :) (Which I wish they would do.)

#57 TheGreenie

TheGreenie

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

View PostQuantaCat, on June 3rd 2008, 12:28 AM, said:

Oh and you buy their games because It's The Only Thing Around™
:glare: But like you I have windows installed, and instead of paying $50 for the mac version I could have picked up the PC version for $20. And the negative is... I have to reboot to play a game. Plusses are I get the patches when released and a better frame rate on top of the cheaper price.

The reason I buy the games is to support Mac gaming as id prefer to not have to reboot. But the repeated kicks in the nuts and stone walling gets a little tiresome.

Hell I can handle the release being months after the release on the PC but to then have to wait extended times for the updates is a joke especially after the public beta's of the patches on the PC side that have lasted a while. I have herd all the excuses before but that still doesn't make the end user (me) happy at all...

#58 DesterWallaboo

DesterWallaboo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

nope.... doesn't make me happy either... I think a 2 week lag is acceptable... anything past that just plain gets annoying.

#59 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

Agreed--the time frame isn't unacceptable yet. (It's been a week and a half.) I just hope it doesn't get there!

(Though I can tell I won't be gaming much for about a week anyway. Too busy.)

Also, I DO place some POSSIBLE blame with Activision: they could hold back a patch a few weeks until ALL platforms are ready, and I think they should. Aspyr can only do what's possible, and we may never know the ins and outs of that. But if a patch takes extra time, it would be nice to see Activision keep the platforms in sync by holding back the Windows and Linux patch. (Of course, they won't do that. They don't even link to Aspyr from the main Quake Wars site pages, which mention all the other platforms. A Mac gamer going to the official site would think a Mac version didn't exist.)

Version mismatching is one thing when multiplayer is just one aspect of the game (like Halo, say), but multiplayer IS what Quake Wars is about. (At one point bots weren't even planned.) Two weeks is pretty much my benchmark as well. That's still frustrating, but within the bounds of reason.

#60 Nail

Nail

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

Aspyr gets paid by Activision, can't hurt to mention your displeasure to them, e-mail is free (sort of)