107 replies to this topic

#101 Mr. Selvetarm

Mr. Selvetarm

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:03 PM

I'll get on tomorrow to celebrate. Nagromme do you mind keeping up that server for a week or two? I would really like to play with you guys and have been playing around with my (finally) hacked psp while waiting. (Playing all of my old SNES and GBA games on one thing is sweetness incarnate in a little black rectangle/oval). I've already gotten two or three people invite me as friends and would like to actually play them.

Gosh it's been a while... Sold the Green Monster and the iPad for a truly amazing new beast.

THE RAINBOW GREMLIN: i5-760 @ 3.2ghz, ASUS H57 Mobo, EVGA 470 GTX (1280mb) , 8gb OCZ Reaper HPC, 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 2tb Samsung F3, 800 Watt Corsair PSU

#102 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:04 PM

My server isn't on that often anymore--it's running on a machine that has other things to do (and occasionally loses network!) so it's not ideal. And now that it's upgraded to 1.5, nobody plays on it much. There are just too many other 1.5 servers out there to choose from!

So the easiest way to gather is to see who's online in your Friends list, and right-click them. You'll see "Find Server" and the option to join that server.

If you want to get really crazy, you can return to the online menu while playing (Esc) and right-click someone to invite them to the server you are on :)

But remember, only people with an icon by their name are online. You can't Find or Invite someone who's not on.

#103 Mr. Selvetarm

Mr. Selvetarm

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

I already knew all of that, I just thought that maybe we could all get together on your server. We could have an IMG party thing. That is if you guys want to...

Gosh it's been a while... Sold the Green Monster and the iPad for a truly amazing new beast.

THE RAINBOW GREMLIN: i5-760 @ 3.2ghz, ASUS H57 Mobo, EVGA 470 GTX (1280mb) , 8gb OCZ Reaper HPC, 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 2tb Samsung F3, 800 Watt Corsair PSU

#104 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

If people want to schedule something--and I'm available (which is hit or miss) then I'm happy to host :)

#105 TheGreenie

TheGreenie

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

There are also enough empty servers that we could use for the IMG party :) Empty ranked servers so we get the best of both worlds. We can even vote to change maps etc and as if we are all on at the same time we should have a controlling number all votes we make will pass :D But then again how many active players are there at the moment? I only ever see like two others one at once normally :) so that would make a total of 3 people :) And yes I know Im now just rambling on...

#106 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:53 PM

I usually see 1 or 2 Mac players from my buddy list on QW at any given time. Sometimes none, sometimes 3. But not everyone here is on my list probably, and with some planning, we could gather more.

We could also post in other Mac forums (I discuss QW regularly at MacRumors and MacMinute) to boost our numbers while maintaining a Mac "theme" :)

A ranked server would be fine with me--although it would require 3v3 to leave Warmup, and could not be password-locked (if we even cared about keeping others out).

#107 TheGreenie

TheGreenie

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:38 PM

Yep 3 v 3 is all we would need and extra's are good as the more people there is the more constant the action is. I just hate the people that jump in a vehicle and bombard the spawn area. And I can't fly any flying vehicle to save myself... I should really try and practice that offline one day :) But yeah if anyone here doesn't have me on their friends list they should add me as I'll join any game your currently in.

#108 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:01 AM

Was just playing a big 10v10 or so match, Area 22, with wildly unbalanced XP. My team's average was less then half of the GDF's. I was better than most of my team, but in no way good enough to carry a game myself! In fact I was usually dead within moments of sighting the enemy. Their best people had XP over 300! We had a number of people under 50.

The GDF spammed us with tank as we left spawn, and had snipers all over too. I changed to rocket to take out the tank, but could never survive the snipers to use it. And they had a ton of medics holding the objective. So it took us 10 minutes to blow the generator... and then we were overrun trying to build the laser. Sometimes in Quake Wars I will see someone round the corner, and am dead instantly in just 2 or 3 snaps... of the Assault Rifle! You know they are a good shot then--I can't even get my crosshair ANYwhere on them as fast as they can land 3 headshots. That's what they were doing to us... along with another tank right by the laser. (Which I consider fair game.) And we never got the spawn by the laser, so it was a long walk every time--a long walk ending in being teamkilled, half the time. It took us 8 minutes to build the laser--leaving only 2 minutes to get to the slipgate, plant, arm, and guard. Not happening.

And yet we did it :) And the team with twice the XP, who had been hammering us for 20 minutes, was whining about it. Most entertaining :D