#21 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

Well, that is curious that yours is working fine Wolf, while Breadfan's isn't. The only thing is, would not having the whole serial key muck up the game, as that would be a bit odd (from what I know).

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#22 Breadfan

Breadfan

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Steam Name:Breadfan

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

I purchased it from a local computer store a few years back--no problems with the serial number; mine's a 5x5 digit code.

I'm curious, tho, did you install directly into 10.5.2 or was it installed under an earlier version?

My retail OS disc is 10.5.1, and I haven't tried to install SWBF under that version--I only attempted after moving to 10.5.2 (and 5.3).

Breadfan
My dad is Black Elvis and I am the Robot Devil

Pints are just too perfect to change. 0.5 litres is too little and 1 litre is too much.--divadsci (from reddit)

#23 UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:04 AM

I'm curious, tho, did you install directly into 10.5.2 or was it installed under an earlier version?

Let me think...yes, that could have something to do with it.  I believe I installed it when I was using 10.5.1, and upgraded to 10.5.2 and then 10.5.3.

Seems like an unlikely theory on its face, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.  I have no idea why SWBF would work on 10.5.3 only if it were installed before upgrading the OS.

#24 rpjmartin1971

rpjmartin1971

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:10 AM

richy78

I was running SWBF under 10.4 and while the first outdoor level would play without problem, I encountered unplayable amounts of stuttering on the next.  My fault - I should have read the box - it says PPC macs.  Maybe it'll get a patch one of these years.  Good luck getting it to work properly.
DD

#25 richy78

richy78

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:12 AM

Still having no joy, I checked my aspyr game agent after upgrading to 10.5.3 and it still looks dodgy. Seems that the intel issue is what's screwing everything up. I'm not sure if it's possible that they (aspyr) can get round it. Anyone know?

Not sure if i'm entitled to a refund or exchange from the shop i bought it in either; I guess it's partly my fault for not reading the box, but it's worth a go. Anyone got any ideas?

It's a real pain having a game you can't play with nice big iMac in front of you!

#26 OVW

OVW

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:41 AM

View Postrichy78, on June 13th 2008, 07:12 AM, said:

Still having no joy, I checked my aspyr game agent after upgrading to 10.5.3 and it still looks dodgy. Seems that the intel issue is what's screwing everything up. I'm not sure if it's possible that they (aspyr) can get round it. Anyone know?

Not sure if i'm entitled to a refund or exchange from the shop i bought it in either; I guess it's partly my fault for not reading the box, but it's worth a go. Anyone got any ideas?

It's a real pain having a game you can't play with nice big iMac in front of you!

Richy, did you ever get this resolved? I saw this thread and cranked up SWBF, for the first time in ages, it works fine. I am running a 24inch imac (white) 2.16Ghz, 3Gb, OS X 10.5.3.

#27 Samus Ng

Samus Ng

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:02 AM

View PostOVW, on June 28th 2008, 09:41 AM, said:

Richy, did you ever get this resolved? I saw this thread and cranked up SWBF, for the first time in ages, it works fine. I am running a 24inch imac (white) 2.16Ghz, 3Gb, OS X 10.5.3.
You fixed it? How did you do it? I've tried installing this thing since months ago when I got Leopard and it still doesn't work. If you could help me, I'd really appreciate it :)

#28 OVW

OVW

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:40 AM

View PostSamus Ng, on July 12th 2008, 05:02 AM, said:

You fixed it? How did you do it? I've tried installing this thing since months ago when I got Leopard and it still doesn't work. If you could help me, I'd really appreciate it :)

Just out of curiosity... How many of you people having NOT having trouble with SWBF installed it on the machine you are currently running? My copy was originally installed into a G4, on a separate HD, which was then moved into an external case plugged into my current imac. Perhaps it is the installer that does not like the intel chip.

#29 UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

Just out of curiosity... How many of you people having NOT having trouble with SWBF installed it on the machine you are currently running?

I did.  I hadn't played it in a long time, but I did a fresh install on my MacPro because I wanted to see how crisp it was with the new hardware.  It's been nearly flawless, although at the highest graphic setting the performance is slightly disappointing.  For a game that old it ought to be smooth as a baby's bottom, but it isn't - closer to a 40-year-old's bottom.

That may be a bit of a Princess-and-the-Pea reaction, though.

:cool:

#30 effects

effects

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

This is a solution that worked for me:

I got it working on my MacPro under Leopard 10.5.4 on August 1, 2008.
Here's what I did:

1    Install the game onto a G4 or G5 computer. No way around this; you need access to one.

2    Launch the game and enter your registration code. (your code will be stored inside the application itself)

3    Apply the 1.2revA patch from one of these locations:  
     <http://starwarsbattl...47200#Download>
     <http://www.macgamefi...php?item=18810>

4    Copy the "Star Wars Battlefront" folder from the G4/G5 computer into the Applications folder on your Intel Mac. Should be about 2.72 GB

It will now run on an Intel Mac using the Rosetta translation technology.

In addition, I also copied the "Install Star Wars Battlefront.pkg" file from the  /Library/Receipts  folder on my G4 into the same folder on my MacPro.
I don't think this was necessary, though.

HTH.
See you online!!!

#31 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

View Postplacy, on May 29th 2008, 03:09 AM, said:

Woo thanks placy, you linked to my site :-)
However, I'd never had seen that if I wasn't trying to reinstall this game & failing! lol Yep, i'm also having troubles..
(ps, that's a dead link now - use http://applecryptmods.co.uk.  FileFront screwed me over)  : (

-

Hey all - I'm on a Power Mac G5 here. Did a clean OS install a while back and today I went to reinstall SWBF from disk.
Ran the install fine. But it doesn't load up! Gets as far as entering in my serial number and then just hangs. The game never starts.. Okay, I thought, the support pages tell you to patch to the latest release. So I try the patch and this installer just hangs! (SWBF is stored in the default location btw)

Any newer ideas? I know this thread is quite old now..

Thanks all : )
AppleCrypt Mods  (as dead as a Dodo!)

#32 Markovich

Markovich

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

View Poststriderdm1, on January 4th 2009, 03:20 PM, said:

Woo thanks placy, you linked to my site :-)
However, I'd never had seen that if I wasn't trying to reinstall this game & failing! lol Yep, i'm also having troubles..
(ps, that's a dead link now - use http://applecryptmods.co.uk.  FileFront screwed me over)  : (

-

Hey all - I'm on a Power Mac G5 here. Did a clean OS install a while back and today I went to reinstall SWBF from disk.
Ran the install fine. But it doesn't load up! Gets as far as entering in my serial number and then just hangs. The game never starts.. Okay, I thought, the support pages tell you to patch to the latest release. So I try the patch and this installer just hangs! (SWBF is stored in the default location btw)

Any newer ideas? I know this thread is quite old now..

Thanks all : )

I finally got it running fine on an Intel 2.8ghz  24" iMac  YOu have to find the support files in the Library and run the executible form there. What I did was created an alias to it and placed it in the game folder. Runs fine now!
2.8GHZ 24" iMac with 4gb RAM, 512MB,NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
13" MacBook
Obsession 15" telescope
Kernel Panic on COD-UO MP

#33 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

View PostMarkovich, on January 9th 2009, 03:43 PM, said:

I finally got it running fine on an Intel 2.8ghz  24" iMac  YOu have to find the support files in the Library and run the executible form there. What I did was created an alias to it and placed it in the game folder. Runs fine now!

OMG that works!!!
Thank you :D :D :D

Edit:
still cannot get the patch to (err) patch the game though... not too bothered though about this, just glad the game now works!

#34 Travois

Travois

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

View Postrichy78, on May 16th 2008, 10:52 PM, said:

Hi Guys,

Newbie here to Mac gaming.

I'm having real problems getting Star wars battlefront to work on my intel mac running 10.5.2.

I've downloaded the patch from the ASPYR website - it won't install, seems to get stuck when it starts to install.

I've re-installed the game about 5 times. At first the icon would appear in the doc, now it's telling me that the application is not supported ny this architecture. Originally it asked for my key code and now it does not.

Is there any way I can run this game? Apparently it should run fine under Rosetta.

Any help very much appreciated!

I had the same problem where the patch from the Aspyr website would not install, it kept getting stuck on the DS_store.  I found another link to a similar patch and this one works!  
http://files.aspyr.c...RevA_Update.dmg

#35 Breadfan

Breadfan

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Steam Name:Breadfan

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

View PostTravois, on January 27th 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

I had the same problem where the patch from the Aspyr website would not install, it kept getting stuck on the DS_store.  I found another link to a similar patch and this one works!  

This patch worked for me, and I've FINALLY got SWBF running!

My system is now running 10.5.6; I did a clean install off the DVD, and then immediately ran the new patch above--patching it BEFORE I launched the program for the first time. It started correctly this time, asked me for my key, and I was off to the races. Also note that I didn't have to move the location of the game to the location of the support files as suggested further above--it works fine in its own folder in "Applications".

Thanks for the link Travois!  :thumbsup:
My dad is Black Elvis and I am the Robot Devil

Pints are just too perfect to change. 0.5 litres is too little and 1 litre is too much.--divadsci (from reddit)

#36 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

View PostBreadfan, on January 27th 2009, 04:44 PM, said:

My system is now running 10.5.6; I did a clean install off the DVD, and then immediately ran the new patch above--patching it BEFORE I launched the program for the first time. It started correctly this time, asked me for my key, and I was off to the races. Also note that I didn't have to move the location of the game to the location of the support files as suggested further above--it works fine in its own folder in "Applications".

Has anyone else managed to do the above that Breadfan says?
Never worked here....

However, my post above (thx Markovich) works for launching the older/non-patched version.

Strider

#37 z1ross

z1ross

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

View PostTravois, on January 26th 2009, 11:04 PM, said:

Three Hazaa's for Travois!!!
:) :) :) :) :)
Many thank yous Travois! Where did you find that Updated 1.2A installer?

I just did a clean install of the DVD game to my Games folder and then downloaded this "Other" Patch and it worked properly and Now I'm able to play the game for the first time on my MAC Pro (2x2.8Ghz Quad core Zeons) with Leopard 10.5.6

I can play it but items like graphics resolutions are limited to 1280 x 960, but it plays perfectly!