87 replies to this topic

#21 BenRoethig

BenRoethig

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

there's no cross platform networking?  I was actually looking forward to this one.

#22 fabforrest

fabforrest

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

what is game play like?  can it be compared to anything currently out there?  it sounds like it might be easy to get drowned in minutiae.

#23 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

View Postfabforrest, on May 19th 2008, 07:25 PM, said:

what is game play like?  can it be compared to anything currently out there?  it sounds like it might be easy to get drowned in minutiae.
It's mainly a console-like action strategy game. You'll probably mainly sent you units around in a RTS like fashion but you can at every time jump into any of your units and blast your enemy away in in somewhat arcade-like shootery fashion. It's not overcomplicated. You'll neither bog down in micromanaging your units in the strategy part nor is the action part a very deep simulation.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#24 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:19 AM

So I guess, from what you are saying and from what I imagine, the game play would be between Company of Heroes and Call of Duty? Yes? If you look at it from a military view, it would be like a CO of a company or maybe a battalion, or something? It sounds pretty cool. I guess another way to look at it would be a better way of commanding everything and still playing than in, say ... Battlefield 2.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#25 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:04 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on May 21st 2008, 02:19 PM, said:

So I guess, from what you are saying and from what I imagine, the game play would be between Company of Heroes and Call of Duty? Yes? If you look at it from a military view, it would be like a CO of a company or maybe a battalion, or something? It sounds pretty cool. I guess another way to look at it would be a better way of commanding everything and still playing than in, say ... Battlefield 2.
Well, Battlestations is less infantry centred, obviously. I would say it's more between Blazing Angels and maybe C&C (due to the mix of units).

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#26 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:00 PM

less infantry centred?? there isnt any... through and through. theres (from bottom to top), submarines, small PT boats, destroyers, cruisers, aircraft carriers and then various aircraft. you may also be in charge of a land air base, which acts as a stationary aircraft carrier.

no land vehicles, no infantry, just subs, boats and planes.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#27 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

View Postteflon, on May 21st 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

less infantry centred?? there isnt any...
If that isn't less, I don't know. ;)

#28 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

oh, sure, its less... but the way you said it implied that youd be driving around in tanks or something, which is still off the mark...

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64

#29 fabforrest

fabforrest

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

well, might be worth a look.  feral usually does a good job.

#30 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

View Postteflon, on May 21st 2008, 04:46 PM, said:

View PostJanichsan, on May 21st 2008, 02:30 PM, said:

View Postteflon, on May 21st 2008, 01:00 PM, said:

less infantry centred?? there isnt any...
If that isn't less, I don't know. ;)
oh, sure, its less... but the way you said it implied that youd be driving around in tanks or something, which is still off the mark...
I'll have my people give Janichsan a sound beating at the earliest opportunity but please keep in mind that due to the long list of people waiting for their beatings we might not get to him this week.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#31 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:42 AM

To show you all an idea of what the game is like we made a little video for you so show the first level of the game in brief, we will make a multiplayer one at a later date.

You can find the Walkthrough here!

Edwin

#32 Kaoro

Kaoro

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:23 AM

You know, I wasn't really interested in the game when I first heard about it, but after watching that, I am very interested. If there really is no Mac <-> PC multiplayer, that's unfortunate! I'm one of 4 people I know who has a Mac :(.
私は今日日本語で話します。

#33 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

View PostKaoro, on June 13th 2008, 04:23 AM, said:

You know, I wasn't really interested in the game when I first heard about it, but after watching that, I am very interested. If there really is no Mac <-> PC multiplayer, that's unfortunate! I'm one of 4 people I know who has a Mac :(.

The game is Mac networking only, but with a Multiplayer demo coming and full GameRanger support (both the full game and demo) you should be able to play against all the other Mac users worldwide with ease.

Glad you liked the walkthrough, we will be putting up a multiplayer vid as well which will have a bit more on the planning and team work side of the game, along with some more vehicles like the aircraft carriers and destroyers.

Edwin

#34 MPower

MPower

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:25 AM

Anyone know if it's out yet?

#35 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:05 AM

View PostMPower, on July 14th 2008, 03:25 PM, said:

Anyone know if it's out yet?
In Germany, it's shipping to the dealers but doesn't seem to be actually on sale. So it can't be too long.

#36 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

yeah, ive not seen it about yet.
of course, shipping date means being sent to the sellers. But its now available through Feral's site (as of today).
If youre in the EU then you can order through them and it wont have any import tax etc. all the money will go to Feral and support them more, itll ship out to you tomorrow, and finally the price is 40, which is, I believe, likely to be cheaper than from another store.
so its a win all round.

if youre in the US, just wait another week or so and then start complaining like crazy!

#37 fabforrest

fabforrest

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

feral is taking orders for the US.

#38 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:01 AM

View Postedddeduck, on June 13th 2008, 03:38 PM, said:

The game is Mac networking only, but with a Multiplayer demo coming and full GameRanger support (both the full game and demo) you should be able to play against all the other Mac users worldwide with ease.

Glad you liked the walkthrough, we will be putting up a multiplayer vid as well which will have a bit more on the planning and team work side of the game, along with some more vehicles like the aircraft carriers and destroyers.

Edwin

What would you say about performance on a MacBook?
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.

#39 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

View PostQuantaCat, on July 18th 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

What would you say about performance on a MacBook?

It will not run at all on GMA950 Books.

It is not supported on X3100 cards but it does run (slowly).

If you want to risk it on the MacBook you can I would recommend trying out the demo as if you
don't like it we cannot really help as you will be under spec.

Edwin

#40 BenRoethig

BenRoethig

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

Is the demo out yet?