88 replies to this topic

#21 Magnum

Magnum

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

Heehee I do not afraid of Eric the Terrible! He shall not fix me grammar. YOUR SUCK.
hehe me no afrayd uv erik da terble hee shal no ficks mee grama u sck [Edit: fixed spelling and grammar to conform to modern standards; no charge! -Eric]
2.71828183 * 3.14159265 * 299792458

#22 Brad Oliver

Brad Oliver

Awesome Developer Dude Guy

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts
  • Steam Name:hoserama99
  • Steam ID:hoserama99
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on May 2nd 2008, 12:59 PM, said:

One of our members called us "censuring Europeans" and it was such a comically absurd concept that I kept it for my own.

I believe that's supposed to be Europeon - a small but important difference. ;)
Brad Oliver
bradman at pobox dot com

#23 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17432 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

View PostBrad Oliver, on May 6th 2008, 12:53 PM, said:

I believe that's supposed to be Europeon - a small but important difference. ;)
You mean like Teflon?  I'm descended from much higher class and world famous Europeans such as Ransak the Elder who in 1217 fled his village just ahead of a torch bearing lynch mob after his fiery speech denouncing denouncers.  He was THAT good.  I believe he is credited with inventing The Finger.  Angus McCat was my frugal great great grandfather, his legend taught me how to conserve ammo in games.  In fact during the Great Haggis Wars of 1789 he would dig his bullets out if his enemies chest with a hand axe and reuse them.  I think the Pied Piper is a relative of mine, that would explain how I got this forum... and according to one guy here, Hitler is my mom.  So, I have a rich European heritage.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#24 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

Hmm...

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#25 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

:::ACK!::

The red seal pup army has mercilessly opposed your dogma, tBC...
They've come a million seal pups strong, with the massive Jabba the seal pup to rip you limb from limb...

It's gonna be war folks! The dreaded red seal pups are tracking you down with Jabba pup close behind with a giant turnip masher in his muzzle to ker-wack-mash you!

::tBC's wetttin' his litter box to overflowin':::          :::Scampering to and fro with 'tinky paws:::

What will happen to our red eyed wonder Cat, ladies and gentlemen?

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#26 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17432 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

::tBC unleashes his army of Canadian sealers to club all the seal pups to death but saves Jabba the Pup for Princess Leia to strangle::

Nothing is finer than seeing a half naked slave girl choking the life out of a blubbery bad guy!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#27 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:45 AM

Every time I hit "Report!" I end up getting a message from tBC. Which is nice, somehow. It feels very personal. But I thought if I report something, ALL moderators get this message?
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.

#28 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

View PostQuantaCat, on May 7th 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

Every time I hit "Report!" I end up getting a message from tBC. Which is nice, somehow. It feels very personal. But I thought if I report something, ALL moderators get this message?

Correct.  What, you want personal messages from me, too?  How about a card?  I'll send you a card.  And a free gift.  And some candy.  Is that good enough for you?  WELL, IS IT?  PUNK?!?!

--Eric

#29 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

It would be nice too. And some chocolates. Belgian ones, preferably.
QC.

#30 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17432 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:54 PM

Yeah, like Eric said, it's an automated notification system that goes to all the admins and moderators.  I respond to them to try to make it more of a personal one-on-one experience for the user.  I do this when I moderate a persons post too, because I think it is important that a person knows what happened and why they were moderated.  When it is their birthday I'll send them a greeting. When someone new shows up I check to see if they have another old account, sometimes people think it is impossible to restore an old account but I always try to give it a shot and usually it works.

None of the above is required, it is how I prefer to handle it though.  The closer I can get to the forum the better, and the response I get is very heartening.  This is by far the best group of people I've encountered on the internet.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#31 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:18 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on May 7th 2008, 01:56 AM, said:

You mean like Teflon?
oooh. you mean mean man cat... and im not euro-trash. I live on a separate island. Not to mention that the term is generally reserved for those Frenchies. The most hated nation on the planet (well... after the USA that is)

In fact during the Great Haggis Wars of 1789

a few interesting facts about Haggis. They naturally live on the tops of mountains, but will only ever run clockwise round the mountain very very fast when being pursued by a predator (read - redheaded kilt wearing scotsman brandishing an axe... they get a lot of work). So the way to catch one is to initiate the chase then wait for the Haggis to get to a flat plain, where upon it will spin in circles like an over excited Terrier, and is much easier to slay and sell to the shops.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#32 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:37 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on May 7th 2008, 03:54 PM, said:

When it is their birthday I'll send them a greeting.

You never send ME a greeting.  And no, I don't care that I don't have my birthday listed.  You're supposed to just know.  You don't like me!  :crying:

--Eric

#33 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17432 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

View Postteflon, on May 7th 2008, 01:18 PM, said:

a few interesting facts about Haggis. They naturally live on the tops of mountains, but will only ever run clockwise round the mountain very very fast when being pursued by a predator (read - redheaded kilt wearing scotsman brandishing an axe... they get a lot of work). So the way to catch one is to initiate the chase then wait for the Haggis to get to a flat plain, where upon it will spin in circles like an over excited Terrier, and is much easier to slay and sell to the shops.
Isn't haggis an endangered species now?  The great herds that once roamed the plains of Scotland have slipped into near extinction.

View PostEric5h5, on May 7th 2008, 01:37 PM, said:

You never send ME a greeting.  And no, I don't care that I don't have my birthday listed.  You're supposed to just know.  You don't like me!  :crying:

--Eric
Damn it Jim, I'm an admin not a telepath.  But yes, I don't like you.  I don't send birthday greetings to people that haven't posted for 3 years but I still like them better than you.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#34 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

Why are the french eurotrash again?

Funny how the conflict seems to change its' appearance: austria vs germany, england vs france, germany vs france, belgium vs holland, jews vs europe, christians vs jews, nazis vs jews AND europe (the old worlde? :D) (note to mods: this is by no chance a political statement. I am not a nazi, nor will I ever be! (if I were born in austria, however, I would have a good chance of being so, however) I don't hate any ethnical group. Well, maybe I do, but this wasn't a statement about it :D))

Ah, but back on track, yes. I have much heart for you. And you too, YOU KNOW WHO I MEAN. Yes, I shouts it outs.
QC.

#35 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:24 AM

mainly cos in a recent survey (probably didnt sample the middle east), they were the most disliked nation...
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#36 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17432 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:52 AM

Careful you guys, you don't want Eric to have to moderate his own thread!  He doesn't go to your birthday party and sit on your cake.  Well, not intentionally anyway.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#37 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

Sure I do.  Doesn't everybody?  I thought it was the "in" thing these days.

--Eric

#38 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17432 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:06 PM

My gosh man, when was the last time you flossed your butt???
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#39 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

I know it's hard to remember, but some of us wear pants.  Hence, the flossing is unnecessary.

--Eric

#40 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17432 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

Pshaw, you humans and your pants.  Doesn't it make your tongue comb feel weird licking your corduroy butt?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat