How many Mac-Games do you buy each year?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:41 PM

None of those for me thanks, the only games currently on my wish list are StarCraft II, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, and Spore.

The last game of interest to me on Windows was Obscure.

#82 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:47 AM

Upcoming PC games of interest: "Empire: Total War" anyone?  Going by the screenshots, looks to be shaping up into another impressive addition to the series.

#83 Jarmo

Jarmo

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:23 AM

View Postjackdawsson, on June 5th 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

Upcoming PC games of interest: "Empire: Total War" anyone?

Absolutely! Total War series have been my main gaming interest
(alongside Neverwinter) for a while now.

Mass Effect is the next big thing in my views,
doubtful it'll come to mac given how Jade Empire didn't come either.

There is some hope of Combat Mission series coming to mac sometime later on.
http://www.battlefro.../cmsf/news.html
I used to play them a whole lot, but the mac versions didn't make the OSX transition.
(Or rather, they didn't survive OSX:s abandonement of quickdraw3D).

#84 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

View Postteflon, on June 4th 2008, 11:20 PM, said:

uh... Stalker, Orange Box, Supreme Commander, World in Conflict, Bioshock, CMR DiRT...

need I continue?
or, in fact, please define what kind of games you take interest in..

as for recent releases. Things tend to slow down very quickly from Feb-July.

Bioshock was good, but it was also from quite a while ago.

Supreme Commander was overhyped, and ended up not being that great. I don't understand what the fixation is with Half Life 2, and Team Fortress 2 sucked. World in Conflict doesn't interest me, and CMR DiRT is a racing game.

Hopefully, Mass Effect isn't a disappointment. Is it at least as good as Knights of the Old Republic?

Spore should be excellent, and I hope Blizzard learned what they did wrong with Warcraft 3 and what they did right with Starcraft so Starcraft 2 can live up to the hype.
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive

#85 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

View PostDark_Archon, on June 5th 2008, 06:35 PM, said:

Hopefully, Mass Effect isn't a disappointment. Is it at least as good as Knights of the Old Republic?
I'll put it this way: If you're disappointed in Mass Effect, I'm disappointed in you.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#86 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

View PostDark_Archon, on June 6th 2008, 12:35 AM, said:

Bioshock was good, but it was also from quite a while ago.

Supreme Commander was overhyped, and ended up not being that great. I don't understand what the fixation is with Half Life 2, and Team Fortress 2 sucked. World in Conflict doesn't interest me, and CMR DiRT is a racing game.

Spore should be excellent, and I hope Blizzard learned what they did wrong with Warcraft 3 and what they did right with Starcraft so Starcraft 2 can live up to the hype.

for the record, i enjoyed all those games, despite their flaws. They all had their various merits, and whilst not perfect, I thought theyre all pretty good.
what was the last game you enjoyed?
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#87 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

I actually really like WarCraft III, but with that being said they better keep StarCraft II true to it's current style and not implement heroes, power-ups, etc.

#88 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

Based on the large pile of DVD cases of games I've yet to finish I probably buy far too many Mac games!  :)

I've really cut down recently however as I'm still on PowerPC and most of the games that I would have bought are Intel only already. Having said that Tomb Raider Anniversary I bought it already as it is a must have for me. I can remember a time a few years back where it seemed I had bought everything companies like Aspyr put out (except the Sims series) and realised the limited selection in the Mac market was a good thing for my bank balance!

I hope when I move to an Intel Mac there remains a regular selection of games so I don't have to look at running Boot camp or buying a console.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.13.1

#89 coolfrost

coolfrost

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:21 AM

Anyone for Battlestations: Midway??

#90 Hapa Hanu

Hapa Hanu

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

It was so long ago, I don't even remember what year it was that I purchased them...

Giants Citizen Kabuto and Master of Orion III.

:(