#181 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

View Postcharmin, on July 2nd 2008, 11:54 PM, said:

Nuh uh! I thought they got floated into the air and impaled on beams of evilness?
True, that's what I thought too. But they definitely do more damage after being impaled.
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.

#182 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:31 AM

View PostQuantaCat, on July 2nd 2008, 01:50 PM, said:

Pfeh. I got infernal wrath now, I likes it. But I still need to upgrade to level 4, and it doesnt damage friendlies. Except it doesnt stop them from harming friendlies either. (the enemies stuck in infernal wrath can still attack adjacent things)

Strange I thought they are held in suspension and can't move, but then again I was more of a divine fury person.

View PostQuantaCat, on July 2nd 2008, 10:29 AM, said:

Alright. So they're dancing. But still they're not attacking. Also, is there a spell that doesn't do splash damage? Because fireball at level 4 does, and all others (atleast in description) do splash damage, causing me to hit allies or important npcs.

They attack when you attack, so if you slash at someone they will to, if you leave them alone so will they. I believe they mimic your melee weapon's actions. So if you sit looking at your ghost swords and do nothing your ghost swords also do nothing.

Edwin

#183 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:50 PM

Well, that makes sense. But I'm pretty sure about the infernal wrath thing. Maybe they finish their last action or somesuch, before getting impaled mid air?
QC.

#184 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:29 PM

If you're using a low level of the spell, maybe there's a limit on how many people can be impaled simultaneously?
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#185 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

not really. just doing less damage.
QC.

#186 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:29 AM

Question: Can anyone tell me where the mac saved games are kept? I'm trying to transfer my hero to another mac. I can't find it anywhere...
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#187 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

As far as I know Feral, they are in your home folder>Library>Preferences>Lionhead>Fable.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#188 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

yup, that sounds about right.
Feral put their saves and prefs together in the preferences folder, whilst everyone else chops and changes between ~/Documents and ~/library/application support willy nilly.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#189 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

View PostJanichsan, on July 6th 2008, 05:49 AM, said:

As far as I know Feral, they are in your home folder>Library>Preferences>Lionhead>Fable.
I had Fable do constant fatal hangs on me towards the end of the original content
Spoiler
. After the cinema was over the quest card was displayed the game was 100% hung and just continued to display the quest card. No cursor movement, no in game keystrokes, etc. I had to force quit to get back to desktop.
Went in and deleted my prefs for Fable and relaunched and the game has worked like a charm.

#190 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

Finished the game. Played through as a Warrior Boy Scout (not much evil actions) and just catching my breath before I launch into it again as a Super Evil Guy.
I am kind of torn. As an RPG it is amazingly lame. No exploring, and the world felt really small. No real personalities to interact with outside of quest driven stuff. Quests were pretty much spoon fed to you (Hey! Just follow the Gold arrow on your map and kill some stuff already!). No real use of skills at all. Just attributes you buy up that cover everything. Outside of tattoos and haircuts, no real individualization of your character. The "Lost Chapters" part of Fable reeked of after-thought (what a let down compared to the first part of the main quest). Planning? Careful character building? Strategy? Puzzles? Move along, nothing to see here. Pretty underwhelming stuff as far RPGs go.

But it was an excellent game. Great graphics, a lot of fun, some great dialog lines (Heeeeeeey... if you stand reeeeeeeeeeally still I can see your skeleton!), great voice acting. Overall, a hell of a lot of fun. Without a doubt, this was a Lionhead game. It oozed quality and high production values. So, maybe it was a bit short but still it was really captivating.

I think it was exceptionally short on the things that make a great RPG but really long on the things that make a great game. I'd recommend it easily... just don't expect a NWN, KotOR, Fallout, or Elder Scrolls type RPG experience... but if you want a great adventure/action game with a role playing flavor, it's the best.

#191 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:29 PM

Exactly - it's really not much of an RPG, it's an action adventure with some RPG elements. Like the ability to tweak your character to endgame level within an hour :P
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)

#192 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:56 AM

Is there someway to give the enemy more hp? or damage value?
QC.

#193 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:09 AM

Because the game is too easy, or because you're trying to buff your multiplier? Either way, I don't recall any way of making anything harder.

#194 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:34 AM

View PostQuantaCat, on July 13th 2008, 12:56 AM, said:

Is there someway to give the enemy more hp? or damage value?

That is what the boasting platform is for. "I am so hard I can do this without magic", or "without armor" etc some of those boasts or multiple boasts can make it very hard. I would not boast you can kill Jack of Blades without even being hurt once but you can try!!

Edwin

#195 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:08 AM

making the game harder.

The boasting is funny, but there is no real upside if you do that, since money usually isn't a problem, and renown is only important in the beginning of the game.
QC.