2 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:08 AM

Ubisoft and the Shadowbane Team have announced the official date of the Shadowbane Reboot, a re-launch of the MMO gameworld to allow for a variety of changes and updates. The reboot will take place on March 25th, the fifth anniversary of the game's release and is intended to encourage both new and old players to join the new servers and experience all the new changes.

The Shadowbane Reboot is officially set to go live on March 25, 2008! Some may recognize that this date holds significant value. For those who do not know, Shadowbane was released 5 years ago on March 25, 2003. 5 Years is a special milestone and with it comes the Shadowbane Reboot where the previous servers will be retired and new servers will be born in their place. The re-launch of Shadowbane brings changes that were impossible before and breathes new life into the game and the community! This new life will take place in the world of Vorringia where the tapestries of Baronies and Fiefdoms have been wiped clean. The time has come for the next generation of warlords to rally an army, carve out an empire, and change the world!

The Ubisoft Montreal team will be performing routine network and server maintenance to coincide with the Shadowbane Reboot. The expected downtime will be from March 20, 2008 until March 25, 2008.
Head over to the links below for more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Hobeaux

Hobeaux

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

if you want to download the demo you'll have to use Firefox along with the User Agent Control function. This allows you to set Firefox to tell the server that it's not a mac version of firefox but a Vista version of Internet Explorer 7. Once set you can download the current demo.

Firefox User Agent Control:
https://addons.mozil...irefox/addon/59

Once the Reboot happens I may give this game another chance. I played it off and on for about a year (about 5 years ago) but gave up as the server was full of PKers. Maybe this new "reboot" will reset the balance a bit.
turning the real into the ideal

#3 hambone

hambone

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

Anyone care to comment on how far the game and client have evolved over the last five years? I remember Shadowbane as having a lot of potential but suffering from huge server latency, a ludicrously perfunctory PvE game, and client crashes during castle sieges.

But then as now player-driven content and conflict is the bomb. I'd definitely give this game a "reboot" if there was a good reason to do so.