#101 badger2d

badger2d

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:43 AM

Still no BtS, eh?

It's frustrating to see again that old yarn about how they won't make BtS because Warlords didn't sell well.  It's kind of like showing us "The Phantom Menace", and then, because we didn't like that, refusing to show us "The Empire Strikes Back".

#102 Maestro

Maestro

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Steam Name:kgmoome

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

View PostJanichsan, on September 3rd 2008, 01:00 AM, said:

When by "civ4config" you mean "CivilizationIV.ini", that's in ~/Documents/Civilization IV.

Appreciate the info! I can't wait to nuke the annoying Aztecs!
Tortillas are sleeping bags for ground beef.

#103 clocknova

clocknova

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

View Postbadger2d, on September 3rd 2008, 10:43 AM, said:

Still no BtS, eh?

It's frustrating to see again that old yarn about how they won't make BtS because Warlords didn't sell well.  It's kind of like showing us "The Phantom Menace", and then, because we didn't like that, refusing to show us "The Empire Strikes Back".

Agreed.  This is why I don't buy Mac games like Civilization, games that I know will receive multiple expansions, until all expansions have been released or announced as Mac bound.  I realize that they use sales of the original game and earlier expansions to make the decision to port other expansions, but I'm sick and tired of getting burned.  From now on, no game should be ported to Mac until all PC expansions are released.  Then the complete game can be ported all at once.  If Beyond the Sword is never ported, I'll keep playing the PC version.  End of story.
There they were, sitting in the van with all those dials, and the cat was dead.
-V. Marchetti, CIA