2 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:33 AM

iGame Radio, is featuring a buffet of Macworld 2008 gaming coverage. Host Omaha Sternberg interviews big and not-so-big names in the Mac gaming community and gives her take on how Macworld, and Apple, views Mac games. Recent podcasts also feature a review of Eschalon: Book 1 and a preview of Drop Point Alaska. Listeners can catch the podcasts at iGameRadio.com.

Every year, the Apple faithful travel to San Francisco to hear the blessed Steve Jobs speak about what Apple has in store for them. But what about Mac games? Omaha gives her take on the Mac Games Pavilion, on Jobsí continued lack of coverage of games in his keynote, and the general support for Mac gaming by Mac peripheral businesses.

Omaha also has interviews by industry giants Aspyr Media, Freeverse Software, and Feral Interactive, as well as others, such as Shure, CodeWeavers, Harman, and CCP (the publishers of EVE Online).

Plus, a review of traditional CRPG Eschalon: Book 1, published just recently by Basilisk Games. Eschalon: Book 1 is the first in a series of three games planned in the Eschalon universe. Also, a special preview of Drop Point Alaska, the MacSoft snowboard game exclusive for the Mac.

Omaha will also offer Mac gaming news, commentary, and a selection of music from popular Mac games.
These episodes are available as a basic or enhanced podcast or streaming MP3 on iGameRadio.com, where listeners will also find archives of past broadcasts. Follow the link below for more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:38 AM

View PostIMG News, on February 7th 2008, 02:33 PM, said:

Omaha also has interviews by industry giants Aspyr Media, Freeverse Software, and Feral Interactive, as well as others, such as Shure, CodeWeavers, Harman, and CCP (the publishers of EVE Online).

It was interesting to hear that Feral plan on patching some of their existing PowerPC only titles so they can be sold to MacBook owners. I think that the other Mac publishers should also look at this as it increases the library of titles available and it should help add some gamers to the Mac market (rather than Windows via Boot camp etc). This will hopefully then keep the triple A titles coming along. It seems at times like purchasing collectables when getting Mac games as they often go out of print before some folks have the hardware to run them.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.14

#3 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

Aspyr hinted that them making digital distribution could also help them do that as well. I hope that pans out. I also wouldn't mind if it also let them bring some non-sims expansion packs we missed.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7