No replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:26 AM

GameReplays has posted a new interview with Blizzard's StarCraft II community manager, Kevin "Karune" Yu. The interview covers a range of topics including information about the upcoming RTS sequel, what the community manager job entails, and the the importance of a strong community for StarCraft 2.

GameReplays: In what ways do you think the Starcraft community has changed since the announcement of Starcraft 2?
Kevin 'Karune' Yu: Surprisingly, after almost 10 years there are still several well established sites in the StarCraft community! At our first RTS Community Summit during BlizzCon 2007, I was able to meet many of these founders/admins, as well many newcomer sites. During these discussions, I think we all came to the understanding that without support from Blizzard, the potential growth of the fan site community is limited. Furthermore, I relayed to them how their cooperation and ability to promote each other will ultimately increase the interest level as a whole amongst the entire community, making it that much easier for any company to support that growth even more. Since then, I'm very happy to say that many new StarCraft 2 sites are popping up, and the environment and opportunity for StarCraft fans to get involved in their particular interests are definitely increasing and will continue to do so. In addition, my own personal priority is to make sure that every fan has a place they feel comfortable to connect with other fans with their same interests, to develop those interests, and to eventually contribute back to the community as a whole with either more leaders and/or innovations.
To read the rest of the Q&A head over to the link listed below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News