1 reply to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:00 AM

Macworld's Game Room has released a new review of Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock. The game challenges players to keep up with the rhythm of the music as they rock their way to the top of the score board. The Game Room gave Guitar Hero III a score of 4 out of 5 mice.

From the review:

The basic Career mode offered in Guitar Hero III is the same style of game that Guitar Hero fans have gotten used to. What’s new in Career mode in this go-round are “boss battles,” where you have to compete against boss characters (including Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave’s Tom Morello and Slash of Guns ‘n’ Roses/Velvet Revolver fame). There’s also a storyline of sorts employed here—a first for the series, in which players ultimately discover after a botched performance that they’ve sold their souls to the Devil and have to play to win them back (and thus become “Guitar Legends” in the process).

Two players can participate in a co-op career mode, playing on the same computer; one plays lead guitar and the other plays bass or rhythm guitar. If you don’t have a second guitar controller handy, you can also use the keyboard,though that takes the fun away from it for me.

There’s also a Battle Mode—similar to the Pro Face-Off mode in Guitar Hero II—where you compete against another player using Battle Power, which effectively replaces Star Power, and lets you jinx your opponent with equipment failures or other problems.
For the rest of the review follow the link provided below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:19 AM

If we put the system specs needed to run the game aside, it really is an awesome and fun game. Definitely my most played game, I love the challenge of taking turns against my fiancee in quick-play to see who can dominate the Top Rockers tables.