#41 surge1

surge1

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

View Poststriderdm1, on March 9th 2008, 12:26 AM, said:

and wow from here also, i guess i still don't advertise my server nearly enough  :nods:
Strider

what server is this?

this is good, maybe we can set up a server. I play on boot camp but its great people can still play this game.

before bootcamp I was boot into jaguar to play

#42 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:06 AM

View Postsurge1, on March 10th 2008, 12:00 AM, said:

what server is this?

this is good, maybe we can set up a server. I play on boot camp but its great people can still play this game.

before bootcamp I was boot into jaguar to play

Ahh my bad habbits kicking in I'm sorry to say. I work with servers all day at work and tend to use the 'server' term far too much.
I should have said site I guess. As in web site or even mentioned our file server. See my sig...  :blush:

Strider
AppleCrypt Mods  (as dead as a Dodo!)

#43 Loquacious1

Loquacious1

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

I'm trying to get the multiplayer patch to work that strider graciously created but it can't find the program even when its in the avp2 folder. My avp application doesn't have the .app suffix nor does it allow me to rename it with that. I'm also on an intel iMac and was wondering if that had anything to do with it. thanks for your time. 1!

#44 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:38 PM

all avp2 folders *should* be the same. But I'm sure strider will give you a better answer to this later on..
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.

#45 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:10 AM

Loquacious1 / QuantaCat
Thanks for the mentions about, however, I guess i must admit to two things. Firstly, i didn't create the patch. I just found it one day (can't remember were now!) and hosted it for all to grab from AppleCrypt.. Secondly, I've kinda made the "mistake" of upgrading to Leopard OS. So now I can never play AvP2 again unless some patch is made. Bummer

However, if i do come across cool looking mods or new single player maps, then i'll bundle them all up and upload to my file server. I wish i had a second Tiger Mac!  :(

Cheers all  :happy:
Strider
AppleCrypt Mods  (as dead as a Dodo!)