2 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:11 AM

Computers and Video Games has posted a new interview with Blizzard Entertainment's Jeff Kaplan, lead designer for the upcoming Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion for the successful World of Warcraft. The Q&A offers more detail on the new content players will encounter upon installing the new expansion.

We feel that we now have an overwhelming majority of players who have played through the content to the end. It's not even about the casual/hardcore thing, it's more about addressing an issue that exists among max-level players.

We felt we could deliver on content towards the end of the game, and that players between level 30 and 40 already have so much to do in the game that they haven't run out of content yet.

These medium-level players are not really hungry for the new features that Wrath of the Lich King brings. It's really about satisfying the players who have reached max level, whether they solo or whether they PvP, whether they raid or role-play.

If they're at max level they're all saying, 'I want more, what are you guys doing for us?'
The full Q&A is available at the link provided below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 MacManX

MacManX

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:33 PM

View PostIMG News, on January 10th 2008, 03:11 AM, said:

We feel that we now have an overwhelming majority of players who have played through the content to the end.

Huh? :huh:

On my server there are 4 guilds in Hyjal and Black Temple. That's hardly an "overwhelming majority", are other servers really that much different? Or did I just misinterpret the quote?

#3 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:52 AM

I think we have one guild on each side that has downed Illlidan on my server, so I agree....that's not an overwhelming majority.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***