• 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

no answers?

#22 666creep

666creep

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

i play DotA, i have the new warcraft patch, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, i use wireless

Warcraft also gives me the "game port in use" message where i have to force quit and stuff. Exiting battle.net and going back in isnt good enough, i have to quit WC3. WC3 also randomly crashes and quits during game. It use to happen a lot, say ... once a day. Its only happened in DotA but thats the only game I play so it doesnt mean much. I havent talked to blizzard so Ill try do that later.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN IDEA WHY THIS IS HAPPENING??
this is effing up all my DotA games.

plz help

:(

#23 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:07 AM

I've recently done a reinstall using the digital downloads from Blizzard. This has actually removed my 'port in use' problem!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#24 DannyMac

DannyMac

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

I am experiencing the same exact issues!! Here are the main points:

Random Freeze (Must hold down power button to restart)
Port in use issues
DotA is mainly the game I play, but I have had this happen on other maps such as Hero Line Wars.

I use Mac OS X 10.5 and Warcraft 3 TFT. I even recently re-bought the battle chest edition hoping to re-install with updated discs and all that. Blizzard Tech Support has been pretty worthless. I am nearly ready to totally reformat my Mac Pro. I use lots of other highly memory intense apps such as Photoshop CS3 and Final Cut Studio so I know my hardware is stable but then again who really knows what the issues are?

Thanks in advance for any help you all may provide me!

#25 YourDesiredDisplayName

YourDesiredDisplayName

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

I have the same issue with 10.5.6 on a MacBook pro core duo 2.0ghz.  I strongly believe the issue is caused by "LC" games.  Thus, I'm not sure who's problem it is.  It may not be Blizzard's or Apple's, but something to do with the way the "LC" games work.

#26 crazybear

crazybear

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

View Postfleskulf64, on May 12th 2008, 12:23 AM, said:

Yeah, just noticed the bit about "Logitech" in the KP log, and when I think about it, my mouse is somewhat faulty, as it stops working for a few secs once in a while. How odd, something like that can actually crash a computer, haha. I'll try replacing it and see what happens. :)

Hi, I am a Taiwanese Mac user. This problem bothered me until I replace my Logitech mouse. When I play warcraft 3, it always crash or freeze. I can only press Command+Q to force quit the program. Yesterday, I bought the new Microsoft mouse (because I need to assign the mouse key for game) and the problem was gone.

Maybe you should try to uninstall the Logitech driver. I think that is the key of the problem, but in my opinion, if using the Logitech's mouse and not installing the driver,  :bleedingeyes: , all functions are useless.

Try to get a new mouse except Logitech.

#27 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

View Postcrazybear, on January 13th 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

Maybe you should try to uninstall the Logitech driver. I think that is the key of the problem, but in my opinion, if using the Logitech's mouse and not installing the driver,  :bleedingeyes: , all functions are useless.

Try to get a new mouse except Logitech.
I'm using a Logitech G5 with Mac OSX drivers and it works great.  Which Logitech mouse are you talking about?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#28 crazybear

crazybear

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 14th 2009, 09:02 AM, said:

I'm using a Logitech G5 with Mac OSX drivers and it works great.  Which Logitech mouse are you talking about?

MX Revolusion

#29 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

I have a Logitech MX518, which is fine with the standard OS X drivers but is better if you use something like Steermouse.  You don't have to use Logitech drivers to get full functionality out of it.

--Eric

#30 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

View Postcrazybear, on January 13th 2009, 07:40 PM, said:

MX Revolusion
Ah.  Never messed with one of those.  What features on the MX Revolution don't work with the OSX drivers?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#31 crazybear

crazybear

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:21 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 14th 2009, 11:57 PM, said:

Ah.  Never messed with one of those.  What features on the MX Revolution don't work with the OSX drivers?

I use the thumb key in Dota to use the item, as Num7 and Num8. I also use the scroll wheel to control the sound value.

The Logitech driver can define more functions like sound value controlling. The Microsoft mouse driver has OSX functions but to adjust the sound value.

Also, the Logitech driver can use the smart scroll. I love that it can switch the scroll wheel automatically switch between hyper-fast or precision click-to-click scrolling.

#32 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

Do you still have the MX Revolution? Steermouse is shareware, so you can download it and try it out before buying it.  I'm sure 666creep and other folks here would be interested to see if it solves your mouse problem and if it does, you have your old mouse back and ready for action, and possibly 666creep's problem is solved.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#33 crazybear

crazybear

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Sure, I will try it soon.