#21 flyman

flyman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

View PostKalki, on April 23rd 2008, 09:51 AM, said:

Flyman, could you give me please the version of your geforce extension (about this mac -> more info -> software -> extension -> geforce) ?

Kalki

Heres what it shows -

GeForce:

Version: 1.5.24
  Last Modified: 17/01/2008 06:30
  Get Info String: GeForce 1.5.24.9 (16.7.2f7)
  kext Version: 5.2.4
  Load Address: 0xfdf000
  Valid: Yes
  Authentic: Yes
  Dependencies: Satisfied
  Integrity: Kext has no receipt

What does this tell you?

#22 Kalki

Kalki

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

View Postflyman, on April 23rd 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

Kalki

Heres what it shows -

GeForce:

Version: 1.5.24
  Last Modified: 17/01/2008 06:30
  Get Info String: GeForce 1.5.24.9 (16.7.2f7)
  kext Version: 5.2.4
  Load Address: 0xfdf000
  Valid: Yes
  Authentic: Yes
  Dependencies: Satisfied
  Integrity: Kext has no receipt
What does this tell you?

About Call of Duty 2, Aspyr support answered (see few post above) and they add to the answer all the information about their Macbook Pro (2007 version) too check if I could see a big difference between my Macbook Pro (Feb 2008) and their Macbook Pro.

The only differences were :

I had a penryn processor and their MBP was a memrom
I had a more recent ROM version of the Geforce 8600M GT
and, the version for their Geforce extension was 1.5.24 and on my Macbook Pro it was 1.5.26.

So I though it has to do with this extension. I'm not sure but the Geforce extension version is the version of the OpenGL Driver -> (Version: 2.0 NVIDIA-1.5.26).

But your Geforce extension version is the same as the Aspyr Macbook Pro, where Call of Duty 2 is running fine. So know I'm a little bit confuse, it's seems not to be a driver problem...do you have installed Leopard Graphic update 1.0 ? Some people said since they installed the Leopard Graphic update they had problems with some games...

#23 flyman

flyman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:56 AM

View PostKalki, on April 23rd 2008, 10:45 AM, said:

...do you have installed Leopard Graphic update 1.0 ? Some people said since they installed the Leopard Graphic update they had problems with some games...

Sorry I dont know - how do I check? :blush:

#24 Kalki

Kalki

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

View Postflyman, on April 23rd 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

I don't know too  :unsure:

I have exactly the same problem then you, I will send a report too Apple feedback because I have problem with another strange graphic problem (bad tearing effects in all my games) ! Maybe you can tell Aspyr Support about it, so they know the Mac Pro are also affected...

I hope, Leopard 10.5.3 will fix it...cause Call of Duty 2 for Mac was not very cheap...

#25 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

go to system preferences > software update installed updates and have a gander for Leopard Graphics Update 1.0. probably installed mid february...

EDIT: HAHAHAHA!!!! you failed janichsan! faiiiiiiiled!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#26 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

View Postflyman, on April 23rd 2008, 07:56 PM, said:

Open the System Preferences, go to "Software Update", click on the "Installed Updates" tab and scroll through the list. If you have the updates sorted by date, the Leopard Graphics Update should be found somewhere around February, 12th.

EDIT: Dang! Too slow...

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#27 flyman

flyman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the tip!
Heres what I found...

2008-04-04 17:42:47 +0100: Installed "Leopard Graphics Update" (1.0)

Is this good or bad?

#28 flyman

flyman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

Ok I've just received this response from Aspyr Tech Support in relation to my COD 2 issues.
I'm a bit busy to try this right now I'll have to leave it until the weekend.
If anyone else has any success with trying this please post back.

Hello, *****.  Thank you for contacting us.

The issue that you describe may be the result of an installation failure, a data error, a corruption in a saved game file, or a conflict on your hard drive.

First, check your Apple Software Update.  Ordinarily, this occurs automatically (through a prompt you receive every so often), but it's important to check these often. Updates, including Quicktime updates (which can affect many games) are also available on Apple.com.

Try repairing your disk permissions (if you have not done so already).  To do this, open up your hard drive, open the Applications folder, go to Utilities, and launch 'Disk Utility'.  Under 'First Aid', select your main hard drive volume (usually labeled 'Macintosh HD') and hit 'Repair Disk Permissions'.  Once this is complete, reboot your Mac.

If this fails to solve the problem, I would suggest fully reinstalling the game, and making certain all related files are removed to ensure a clean reinstall.  Trash the main game folder, located on your hard drive.  Check several other locations for files relating the game, and remove them.  These include:

Home/Library/Preferences/com.aspyr.callofduty2.plist

Note that 'Home' refers to your personal account folder, an icon that looks like a house and is labeled with your user name.

Once you are sure all of these files are removed and the Trash has been emptied, you may reinstall the game.  I suggest placing it inside of the Applications folder on your Macintosh HD.  

If after this, issues continue to occur, there may be something that you have on your system causing a specific conflict.  At this point, I would suggest completely uninstalling the game again, and reinstalling once more, but this time, to a separate user account on your Mac.  If you do not currently have one, you may create one through your System Preferences, under 'Accounts'.  Make certain that the new account that you make has full permissions to administer the computer.  Once it is created, reboot your Mac, log into this new account, and install the game there.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.  Have a great day!

Aspyr Technical Support

#29 Kalki

Kalki

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

View Postflyman, on April 23rd 2008, 04:09 PM, said:

Thanks for the tip!
Heres what I found...

2008-04-04 17:42:47 +0100: Installed "Leopard Graphics Update" (1.0)

Is this good or bad?

It was to be sure that it was installed, because this update contains the last graphics drivers.

View Postflyman, on April 23rd 2008, 04:18 PM, said:

Ok I've just received this response from Aspyr Tech Support in relation to my COD 2 issues.
I'm a bit busy to try this right now I'll have to leave it until the weekend.
If anyone else has any success with trying this please post back.

I'v done all what they said ! I even installed Leopard completly ! But no change

I'v choose the option "erase and install", run software update and the first software I installed was CoD2 + patch ! But no change, CoD2 is still running very jerky, they are missing water texture and strange reflection.

#30 DBSor

DBSor

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

View PostDBSor, on March 25th 2008, 01:07 AM, said:

Hi,
Since I received my MacPro (4X2.8GHz and 8800) and reinstalled Call of Duty 2, I can not play as the mouse is not moving continously, even in the "join server" and "intro" window.
I did not have this problem on my old G5 (2X2GHz and X800XT) with Leopard too and the same material configuration (Razer and Nostromo N52)
Anyone noticed that ? Any solution ? Thx.
I have opened a ticket at Aspyr support for this mouse problem, they asked me to reinstall the game. I did and had this error: EXE_ERR_MSS_INIT_FAILES_MP
I have reopened the ticket and after sending my complete profile, I received this message:

We are seeing this on the same mac in our lab.
This is most likely a problem with the 8800 graphics card.
Call of Duty 2 was tested long before the 8800 came out so it is technically not supported for playing COD 2.
I will log a radar bug with Apple and Nvidia and they might be able to make some driver adjustments that might improve things.
The only thing I can suggest now is to lower the resolution and other graphic effects to see if this helps at all.

So, when I received the MacPro, I could install the game but could not play because of a mouse problem. After the last system updates (10.5.2), I can no more launch the game. I am not a great cod2 player but I hope there will be a solution in the future (10.5.3 ? :), I'd like to finish one time the solo game) I will try ET:QW while waiting for this update  :rolleyes:

Thanks to the Aspyr support, not a big delay between my questions and the answers, even with (or thanks to) the time difference (and sorry for my poor english language)
Free software for Call of Duty / United Offensive / Call of Duty 2 /Call of Duty 4: iClanASC
iClan member: CoD4-UO / UT (iClan|DBSor)

#31 flyman

flyman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:57 PM

Well I've managed to finish the game in single player now :)
Judging from what I've read in previous posts I don't think I going to bother wasting my time trying to reinstall the game at this moment in time.
Guess I'll wait for some improvements on the drivers etc.

#32 mylittlepony

mylittlepony

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

View Postcush, on April 3rd 2008, 09:34 PM, said:

This is a little OT but we new iMac users can have problems in some games with the way the ATI Radeon chipsets (HD2600 in my case) fail to properly render.  I am an avid X-Plane user and we have lots of problems when Anti aliasing is turned on in X-Plane.  Seems to be a driver issue.  COD works just fine on my new iMac but I'm hoping COD2, which is on its way to me, will be playable.

Hi cush.
My first forum, but I was searching for any info regarding COD2 crashing on macs using leopard and came across your entry. I have a brand new 24" imac 2.8ghz which has a built in ATI Radeon HD2600. I have never been able to play COD2 for more than a few minutes before it crashes (just quits). After searching high and low have finally been told by Aspyr that the HD2600 may not be compatible with COD2. This is probably confirmed by the crash log which mentions the HD2600. When I do manage to get it to work for a short time, the game is great, wonderful graphics etc and very fast. I would be interested to hear if anyone has a solution to this problem. I have updated COD2 with the 1.3 patch and have tried different keyboards, mice, ethernet instead of wireless, no firewall and it crashes every time. I hope you have more success, but I expect my mac is too new yet for a fix. Anything you find out would be appreciated.

#33 Stu

Stu

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:52 AM

I have the same problem as the original post.. my fps in the game make it un-playable and I'm just a sitting duck. I've the previous model of the MacBook Pro (purchased last Dec) running version 10.5.2
-= This great Evil, where's it come from? How'd it steal into the world? =-

#34 DBSor

DBSor

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

View PostDBSor, on April 29th 2008, 09:09 PM, said:

I have opened a ticket at Aspyr support for this mouse problem, they asked me to reinstall the game. I did and had this error: EXE_ERR_MSS_INIT_FAILES_MP
I have reopened the ticket and after sending my complete profile, I received this message:
So, when I received the MacPro, I could install the game but could not play because of a mouse problem. After the last system updates (10.5.2), I can no more launch the game. I am not a great cod2 player but I hope there will be a solution in the future (10.5.3 ? :), I'd like to finish one time the solo game) I will try ET:QW while waiting for this update  :rolleyes:
Thanks to the Aspyr support, not a big delay between my questions and the answers, even with (or thanks to) the time difference (and sorry for my poor english language)
With MacOS update 10.5.3, it works like in 10.5.1, no more the error window but the mouse do not move continuously ... I can play the solo with fun and the multi, but only on a noob server, aiming is difficult with this mouse latency  :rolleyes:
Please do nothing for this problem aspyr people, everybody in the CoD4 team, hurry up, we can't wait anymore ;)
Free software for Call of Duty / United Offensive / Call of Duty 2 /Call of Duty 4: iClanASC

#35 Kalki

Kalki

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

10.5.3 doesn't solve my problem with COD2. Still un-playable.
I think I will sell the game, 10.5.3 was my last hope.

Please tell me if you are on the last Macbook Pro and you can play COD 2 (demo or full) without lags.

#36 mattyb

mattyb

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

Right, I don't mean to sound, well mean, but I've got 10.5.3 and CoD2 is running fine. I'm on a Feb 2007, 2.16GHz 20" iMac.

In a situation where nothing works properly, I would completely uninstall CoD2 (try appzapper), make sure that you have everything up to date software wise, and then re-install.

Mouse situation : my Razer Copperhead didn't work in Leopard. At all. I saw that the Razor Pro for Mac also had issues. Got myself a Logitech MX620. Works really well. Using Steermouse.

And if you're using a cracked version, well you're on your own.

#37 DBSor

DBSor

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

My razer Copperhead works fine in Leopard (and with CoD:UO, ET:QW, Doom 3), ... except in CoD2, the mouse is maybe the problem, I will test with my old Logitech MX510. Thx.

#38 Amon CMB

Amon CMB

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:22 AM

Penryn MacBook Pro 2.6 ghz here.  Same problems:

- Framerate seems fine, except that there's these pulses of lag every second.  Even happens on the title screen.
- Setting "High Quality" on rendering method causes the lighting to go crazy and superbright on the character models.

Workaround for the stuttering mouse lag:
Get Info on the "Call of Duty 2.app" game application and check "Open using Rosetta".  The framerate will take a large hit, of course, but the annoying lag will be gone.  So it looks like it's a CPU-related problem.

Don't know of any workarounds for the graphics, other than playing the game on Normal quality. :(

#39 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:41 AM

It is not a CPU problem, as many intel machines run the game absolutely fine. I have played it, and it has ran absolutely fine for me. I guess it you would be running Leopard, yes? From what I know, all of this stuff is to do with the OS alone.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#40 mattyb

mattyb

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:38 AM

View PostDBSor, on June 7th 2008, 01:23 AM, said:

My razer Copperhead works fine in Leopard (and with CoD:UO, ET:QW, Doom 3), ... except in CoD2, the mouse is maybe the problem, I will test with my old Logitech MX510. Thx.

Ok, how did you get it to work? Any mouse managing software installed? Mine doesn't even work at login time.

And, not to be insulting, are you sure its a Copperhead, cos apparently the DeathAdder does work in Leopard without issues.

Matt