123 replies to this topic

#121 threebkk

threebkk

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:29 AM

Can we get a show of hands from Guitar Hero players who are satisfied with performance on their Macs using patch 1.3?
(Either under Mac OS X or Boot Camp & Windows XP)
I'd like to see if anyone is able to run this game smoothly/lag free with the newest patch.
If you're on a Mac please include the Mac identifier in your post.
For example: I have a MacBook Pro 3,1 with 8600M GT.

#122 calroth

calroth

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:08 AM

View Postthreebkk, on October 29th 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

Can we get a show of hands from Guitar Hero players who are satisfied with performance on their Macs using patch 1.3?
(Either under Mac OS X or Boot Camp & Windows XP)
I'd like to see if anyone is able to run this game smoothly/lag free with the newest patch.
If you're on a Mac please include the Mac identifier in your post.
For example: I have a MacBook Pro 3,1 with 8600M GT.
I have a MacBook Pro 15" (MacBookPro1,1), original Core Duo 2.16GHz with Radeon X1600 Mobility.

GH3 does not run smoothly at all. It's choppy, appears to be 30fps. I've tried everything I can to get it to the magic 60fps mark: minimum settings, Front Row Cam with 1.3, black background fix, disabled animations fix, etc.. Nothing. I think the X1600 is holding things back; the GH3 process is at 75% CPU, which indicates that it's probably GPU-bound. Last I checked, there was no Mac overclocker for the X1600, which sucks.

It's a pity, my underpowered-by-modern-standards Windows PC (Sempron 3000 overclocked to 2.6GHz; Radeon X1950 Pro) goes at the full 60fps with similar settings. That's where I play.

#123 threebkk

threebkk

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:57 AM

The game is Mac/PC hybrid, correct? On your MacBook Pro, are you running the game in Mac OS, or in Windows XP?

#124 calroth

calroth

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

View Postthreebkk, on November 13th 2008, 11:57 PM, said:

The game is Mac/PC hybrid, correct? On your MacBook Pro, are you running the game in Mac OS, or in Windows XP?
Mac OS X. Don't have a Windows installation on this MBP.