#81 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:01 AM

View PostFrost, on February 27th 2009, 03:30 PM, said:

You know, while yo-mike is a little harsh there, he does have a very good point... this is something that should've been in a press release or at least a note on the site a long time ago rather than just leaving us hanging.

Look I know we planned on making an official comment on it soon and I try to answer questions on the board honestly and without any press release style replies and comments. In this case the delay in the news this is more down to mistakes than any conspiracy about PPC.

We have not handled the news announcement brilliantly but the reasons we did not make a PPC version stand true. When we started the port we aimed for PPC and Intel by the beta stage we had the Intel working but the PPC still had huge issues mostly in the area of how the data is formatted and what the data contains. We decided to release the Intel version and keep working on a PPC patch to bring PPC support to the game. Sadly after many months of trying an idea, it failing, leaving it while, having a think about other methods, trying them, they fail etc we had to draw a line under it and decide we could not spend any more time and money on it. We don't take failure in a port very well :) but sometimes if the work required to make a game work is so high that you could port two or three other games instead, you have to make a choice in this case PPC was not really feasible and the time would be better spent on getting games like LEGO Batman, Pirates etc released.

View Postyo-mike, on February 26th 2009, 04:35 PM, said:

Why should we believe Feral Interactive was ever half even serious about porting TR: Anniversary to Power PC Macintosh, when you should have ported it first in the first place?

To sum it up; I find it hard to believe there was ever enough interest from Feral Interactive
to follow through and port TR: Anniversary to support the Macintosh Power PC architecture.

What did you do with all the year and a half of porting PPC work? If there was any at all?

... analogies to the vastly impossible porting job.

I can't really answer these points as I know they are without merit but my only defense is we did plan PPC and we did in fact spend a lot of time and money trying but I cannot think of anything that would be able to prove it to you.  I can see you are personally very upset over this (hence the accusations) but please think of it from the Feral standpoint, if the port was easy and simple would we really announce it for PPC and just decide to cancel the PPC port for fun or to make PPC owners upset? You talk about the large number of PPC users you say are effected, would we really walk away from them (and the sales they generate)?

I will see if later I can explain in more detail why the port was not feasible on PPC. I hope you understand that I have to balance being a member of IMG with my job at Feral producing games so I cannot always explain everything in detail but when I can't I say so. In this case we wanted to get PPC working, we knew we would get some flack from members like yourself if we didn't so we spend time and effort for many months after the Intel release but had to finally accept defeat.

Best Regards,

Edwin

#82 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:53 AM

View Postdr.zeissler, on May 27th 2009, 01:50 PM, said:

hi and thanks edwin!

another person also reported the same problem with the xbox360 controller as i do.
could it be possible that my xbox360-controller and my no-name controller both have the same issues that other gamepads don't have ?

it is quite clear that feral cannot fix an issue that lies in the driver of the xbox360 controller,
but i am confused that halo just works fine using every option of the xbox360 controller.

http://tattiebogle.n...oller/OsxDriver
hmm, difficult.

I have in fact being talking with the guy who writes the driver (360 pad) and when a patch comes along we will have a look at supporting it. Please make sure you send an email to the support address so we can record you details and pad information so we have it as a reference for when we do make a patch.

Edwin

#83 dr.zeissler

dr.zeissler

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:24 AM

View Postedddeduck, on May 29th 2009, 05:53 AM, said:

I have in fact being talking with the guy who writes the driver (360 pad) and when a patch comes along we will have a look at supporting it. Please make sure you send an email to the support address so we can record you details and pad information so we have it as a reference for when we do make a patch.

Edwin

ok, I collect the data and send it to you and at the writer of the driver.

thanks edwin!
 iMac 2.93C2D ATI-4850 4GB 640GB BT AP SD
 MacbookPro 2.4C2D 9600GT 4GB 250GB BT AP SD
 iPod Video 30GB - Airport Extreme - Synology 406 1.6TB@Raid5

#84 dr.zeissler

dr.zeissler

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

Though window-gaming is not supported by Feral; does anyone know the option/switch to play tomb raider anniversary in a window ?

Thx
Doc

#85 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:20 AM

View Postdr.zeissler, on 13 April 2010 - 02:17 PM, said:

Though window-gaming is not supported by Feral; does anyone know the option/switch to play tomb raider anniversary in a window ?

Thx
Doc

Have a look in the preferences (plist) for fullscreen=1 and make it 0 if anything will work that will.

Edwin

#86 dr.zeissler

dr.zeissler

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

Thx Edwin!

#87 dr.zeissler

dr.zeissler

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Sorry Edwin, i checked it, but it does not work for me.  Perhaps I have done anything wrong.

I found: /username/library/preferences/eidos/tombraider anniversary/Preferences Data

searching for "fullscreen" (default values)
<value name="EnableFullscreenEffects" type="integer">1</value>
<value name="Fullscreen" type="integer">0</value>
<value name="FullscreenModeID" type="integer">3146752</value>

As you can see, it is already "0" by default; changing it to "1" does not work either.

Thx
Doc

#88 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

View Postdr.zeissler, on 14 April 2010 - 11:00 AM, said:

Sorry Edwin, i checked it, but it does not work for me.  Perhaps I have done anything wrong.

I found: /username/library/preferences/eidos/tombraider anniversary/Preferences Data

searching for "fullscreen" (default values)
<value name="EnableFullscreenEffects" type="integer">1</value>
<value name="Fullscreen" type="integer">0</value>
<value name="FullscreenModeID" type="integer">3146752</value>

As you can see, it is already "0" by default; changing it to "1" does not work either.

Thx
Doc
Release builds must have disabled the option :(

Sorry

Edwin

p.s. newer games we make sure windowed mode is possible in the released games, a few of the others ones by Robosoft don't support windowed mode.

#89 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

Just chiming in here. I bought the Mac version of TR:A a year or so ago, put it in on my shelf and pretty much forgot about it.

I decided to try it out over the weekend and it's....terrific! What a great game.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#90 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

Nooooooooooo!

I wanted to install TR Anniversary on my (relatively) new Mac mini this weekend, only to find that the DVD must have acquired a fault at one point or the other I cannot copy the game over to my HD anymore...  :(

*sob*

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#91 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:35 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 26 April 2010 - 02:34 AM, said:

Nooooooooooo!

I wanted to install TR Anniversary on my (relatively) new Mac mini this weekend, only to find that the DVD must have acquired a fault at one point or the other I cannot copy the game over to my HD anymore...  :(

*sob*

We send out replacement disks to customers for $10 (basically to cover our costs of postage and packaging). email support (or me) and I can send you the link.

Cheers,

Edwin

#92 Agent5

Agent5

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 26 April 2010 - 05:35 AM, said:

We send out replacement disks to customers for $10 (basically to cover our costs of postage and packaging). email support (or me) and I can send you the link.

Cheers,

Edwin
Perhaps technology has made me jaded and easily satiated but that's absolutely stellar. It's just so... Reasonable and human.

#93 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 26 April 2010 - 05:35 AM, said:

Email sent.

View PostAgent5, on 26 April 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

Perhaps technology has made me jaded and easily satiated but that's absolutely stellar. It's just so... Reasonable and human.
Yeah... :unsure: Creepy, isn't it?

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#94 alkar

alkar

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:05 AM

Where is Tomb Raider Underworld ? :( After all these years !

#95 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

Eh. Rented Underworld for my PS3 a couple of months ago. I was quite underwhelmed. TR:A is a much better game. In fact, it is my favorite of all TR games thus far.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#96 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:57 AM

Yay! My TR:A replacement disc was in the mail today. I was expecting just the disc in a paper sleeve, but instead I found a complete DVD game box (minus the manual). That was really hassle-free and should be exemplary for other companies. :thumbsup: