Who Knows?

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

View PostIPY da Pinhead, on November 21st 2007, 10:11 PM, said:

Intel core duo iMac 2Ghz/2Gig RAM/256mb X1600

Looks like Giants: CK is also screwed, using either the original or Build 7 patch. Game crashes on load with little info to indicate why. This was always a fun game, makes me sad It'll be shelved now :( Guess I'll have to go dig up a PC version for bootcamp.

I have found a workaround that gets you into the game.  I have no clue if multiplayer works with this workaround and I only did minimal single player testing.

1. Show Package Contents on the Giants App and navigate to the frameworks folder.
2. Download this patch for Aliens vs Predator 2: http://www.macgamefi....php?item=17789.
3. When you get it downloaded extract it and select show package contents on the avp2 app.
4. Navigate to the framework folder and copy "OmniNetworking.framework" into the Giants frameworks folder replacing the "OmniNetworking.framework" in it.
5. If this is a clean install then you will need to set the monitor resolution to 800x600.
6. Once in game, create your profile and select screen resolution then quit(Command-Q works and may need to be done if your screen screws up).
7. Reset your monitor resolution to whatever you selected in game and you are done.

I'm on a c2d iMac running X.5.6 and I never needed to disable a CPU core for this to work; however, my minimal testing doesn't completely give me the conclusion that I won't need to disable one.

Besides this workaround a PC version might be best since this doesn't seem to be a solid port.
This isn't the signature you're looking for.

#102 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

View PostWho Knows?, on January 15th 2009, 07:50 PM, said:

I'm on a c2d iMac running X.5.6 and I never needed to disable a CPU core for this to work; however, my minimal testing doesn't completely give me the conclusion that I won't need to disable one.

On my dual-CPU G5, it runs for a while but eventually crashes randomly, unless I disable one of the CPUs.  Then it runs without problems.

--Eric

#103 Millen

Millen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

Thanks for this list! been looking around for a while for this information.

Cheers!

#104 Pat

Pat

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for the info, it's working now with the AVP mod on my G4 MDD 10.5.8

What about a way to play without the CD . . . a no cd mod?

#105 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

Giants launches for me with the framework replacement, but all the menu text is missing. Anyone know how to fix that?

#106 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Seems as though this forum could be unpinned. Last post was 1.5 years ago...  :cool:

#107 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Picky picky picky.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat