Jump to content


10.5 Where is the hype?


  • Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 Atticus

Atticus

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Location:Sternum's Ribcage

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:47 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on October 26th 2007, 07:51 PM, said:

Interesting choice of fingers.

That's what SHE said.

/snare

/cymbal

Thank you! Thankyouverymuch! tBC and Atticus will be here all week! Catch our show at Atlantic City on the 29th. You've been a great audience. Drive safe!

Atticus
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#102 yo-mike

yo-mike

    Livin' in 2007

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:43 PM

View Posteschatz, on October 26th 2007, 09:13 PM, said:

I didn't know Classic was being killed off. I would have migrated my stuff to a second hard drive beforehand@#$^

What, no backup? Sheesh, dude! (too much hype involved here)

I suppose you could use a data recovery App.

God-speed to you.

I'm shaking my head.

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better


#103 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:55 PM

What is this rabid fanboyism over OS 9 about? I certainly don't miss the crashing Finder taking down the whole system, or applications freezing requiring a hard restart, or having to mess with extensions, or half a million other problems, but that may just be me...
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive

#104 eschatz

eschatz

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:19 AM

View Postyo-mike, on October 27th 2007, 12:43 AM, said:

What, no backup? Sheesh, dude! (too much hype involved here)

I suppose you could use a data recovery App.

God-speed to you.

I'm shaking my head.

No, all my OS9 material (I have it only because it is OS9 only - like Vampire, Realmz, etc.) is fine. I just would have liked to have OS 10.4.10 preserved rather than having to reinstall it.....update....etc.
Edward

#105 yo-mike

yo-mike

    Livin' in 2007

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:34 AM

View Posteschatz, on October 27th 2007, 01:19 AM, said:

No, all my OS9 material (I have it only because it is OS9 only - like Vampire, Realmz, etc.) is fine. I just would have liked to have OS 10.4.10 preserved rather than having to reinstall it.....update....etc.

Thought about partitioning?

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better


#106 eschatz

eschatz

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:07 AM

View Postyo-mike, on October 27th 2007, 02:34 AM, said:

Thought about partitioning?

I have a second hard drive. I'll just install it there. In the end it seems like I am whining for no reason; perhaps so. I just wish they had made it more known classic was being dropped. I would have moved my old OS to my second hard drive before updating. Oh well.
Edward

#107 eschatz

eschatz

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:12 AM

BTW, is my ATI driver still the same from 2005? I have an X800. Sheesh.
Edward

#108 yo-mike

yo-mike

    Livin' in 2007

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:18 AM

View Posteschatz, on October 27th 2007, 02:12 AM, said:

BTW, is my ATI driver still the same from 2005? I have an X800. Sheesh.
I have no clue other than check with the ATI support (Or lack thereof) ;)
I've only got an on board eMac graphics card, and an ATI 9200 128 MB for OS 9.2.2 (That I don't have to worry about being updated)

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better


#109 yo-mike

yo-mike

    Livin' in 2007

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:39 PM

View PostDark_Archon, on October 27th 2007, 12:55 AM, said:

What is this rabid fanboyism over OS 9 about? I certainly don't miss the crashing Finder taking down the whole system, or applications freezing requiring a hard restart, or having to mess with extensions, or half a million other problems, but that may just be me...

Heh, It must be something in the genes.
There has to be someone around to help keep the community alive and going: people like me :)

Moof!Posted Image

This little snipet of Clarus the Dog-Cow is from jory.org
It's pretty cool, you navigate to the piano keys to go to different pages. Play it again.

Edited by yo-mike, 28 October 2007 - 12:12 AM.

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better


#110 Tesseract

Tesseract

    Unmanageable Megaweight

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:25 AM

Classic going away sucks, but I've been living with that particular suckage for quite a while now.

Support the SheepShaver developer's efforts to get Apple to release documentation and/or source code of Mac OS 9's internals.

#111 Huntn

Huntn

    Verbal Windbag

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:56 AM

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to order a new puter now...  :wub:

View Postyo-mike, on October 27th 2007, 01:39 PM, said:

Heh, It must be something in the genes.
There has to be someone around to help keep the community alive and going: people like me :)

Moof!Posted Image

This little snipet of Clarus the Dog-Cow is from jory.org
It's pretty cool, you navigate to the piano keys to go to different pages. Play it again.

And there are the people who still like to rub sticks together. :D Just kiddn!