#41 Magnum

Magnum

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on August 26th 2007, 03:08 PM, said:

Milbop is probably right, if enough of us poured onto their servers like an endless swarming line of army ants, devouring every idiotic thing in our path, forming human bridges across information gaps and bivouacking in gigantic tangled heaps; we just might be able to educate the pathetic drooling smacktards and bring about a new age of enlightened beings, civil rest, and a society based on a doctrine of truth and understanding.  Then because nobody will lock their doors anymore, we can slit their throats in their sleep.

>This has been edited by Milbop Dippleberry.  Don't do what Milbop says. He is dumb

MAC USER RUSH!
2.71828183 * 3.14159265 * 299792458

#42 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

On game-specific forums for various games (UT series, Quake Wars, various specific mods) I neither gloat about having a Mac nor hide that I'm a Mac user. My sig or avatar generally has a TeamMacOSX.com or MacClan.net address, and sometimes lists my specific Mac config. Occasionally I even have a (mature) pro-Mac tagline of some kind. In years past I would be flamed on sight, but in the last year or so--not once. In fact, some PC gamers have expressed delight at knowing Mac users play the same game, since they were hoping to switch to Mac!

I do see dumb flames against Macs in general ("playgame on mac lol can u do that??") but not that much--and never against me as a Mac user.

Maybe it's just that I'm playing different games, but it does seem that Macs are not quite so feared anymore. Ditto for tech support forums (not OS support but for certain apps).

EDIT: Now, console-owners (ANY console) are another matter. It seems to be open season on them in the forums I frequent! :P

#43 G-News

G-News

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:28 AM

View Postnobody, on August 20th 2007, 06:30 PM, said:

Oh man, this one is awsome. I love it. I love the animated gifs. I love the devestating 'melty Mac OS pic'. I mean, how can you argue with the photoshop smudge tool? I love how there's even a misused apostrophe in the URL of that page.

On a related blog post from one of those folks:

"In other news, my braces were of this afternoon! unexpected how it was, they are finally off, good riddance, lightning attractor or what ~ metal near brain is a big no."

Interesting post, as it allows for some conclusions regarding the posters age. That said, I don't think the braces would have posed any threat to HIS brain.
Now officially the forum idiot

#44 MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:07 AM

That page has got to be at least five years old.

#45 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:10 AM

Here is the time stamp from the first post in that thread, "4/9/2007 7:59:24 PM GMTDT"

But really, what's the big deal.  A couple of trolls post in a thread 12 posts long.  That's not exactly Mac/PC Armageddon, just annoying.  If I was a moderator there, I'd PM the PC guys and say something like: "Hey, let them have their fun on their Macs, it's no skin off our nose."
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#46 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:49 PM

I could see it now, the Battle Cat as a mod at the gametrailers forum.  That would be a sight to see.
What is a man?

#47 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

I think it could be a pretty decent place... after the initial bloodbath.   ;)
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#48 Hapa Hanu

Hapa Hanu

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

Why shed blood in a forum when it is unnecessary? A calm well worded post will yield more result, do not over react or become hostile. Let the PC hordes froth at the mouth, spewing their nonsensical gibberish circling the Mac user as a whirlwind. Let the articulate powers of the noble Mac user show the way, a beacon of hope so that all who witness will understand: OS X > all.

Honestly, when I see PC addicts snub Macs in a forum - they are looking for a fight. They want Mac users to jump in and get angry. Beware that you do not sink into the swamp of poisons that they dwell in, because they want you to descend to their festering level. A vacuous realm of addiction to system and virus updating, soul numbing paranoia and twisted logic.

Its a totally different matter when you are in an online game however. Feel free to share with the PC opponent you just shot up or beat down, "Your demise was brought to you by Mac and OS X!"

PS: Happy Labor Day Weekend Everyone!

#49 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on August 31st 2007, 06:31 PM, said:

I think it could be a pretty decent place... after the initial bloodbath.   ;)

Id pay 200 dollars to see what you would do with josh the admin. Or any noob on gametrailers. You and some other people on their could bungie spam about marathon live arcade in the 360 section then make full on attack. But on second thought Id be dissipointed to see how you would redesign the site after you've claimed it.
What is a man?

#50 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

You apparently missed the "  ;) " in my post.  You don't see me acting like that here, so you wouldn't see me acting like that there.  Josh has every right to administer to that forum in the manner he thinks is best, and I'll not second guess him here after reading one thread.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#51 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:00 PM

did that conversation end with temhawks post cause im waiting for the PCs to say something
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#52 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:22 AM

View PostHapa Hanu, on September 1st 2007, 11:34 AM, said:

Why shed blood in a forum when it is unnecessary? A calm well worded post will yield more result, do not over react or become hostile. Let the PC hordes froth at the mouth, spewing their nonsensical gibberish circling the Mac user as a whirlwind. Let the articulate powers of the noble Mac user show the way, a beacon of hope so that all who witness will understand: OS X > all.

Honestly, when I see PC addicts snub Macs in a forum - they are looking for a fight. They want Mac users to jump in and get angry. Beware that you do not sink into the swamp of poisons that they dwell in, because they want you to descend to their festering level. A vacuous realm of addiction to system and virus updating, soul numbing paranoia and twisted logic.

Its a totally different matter when you are in an online game however. Feel free to share with the PC opponent you just shot up or beat down, "Your demise was brought to you by Mac and OS X!"
Come to thin of it, that might definitely be a better way, I would be really quite fun saying those lines to PC users over the internet and watching them drown in their own stupidity and illogicalness [and everything else]. But then again, a few dead bodies couldn't hurt? Could it? And anyway, tBC would probably be hungry right? ;)

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#53 MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

MILBOP DIPPLEBERRY

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:41 AM

View PostHapa Hanu, on August 31st 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

No no no! Enough talk! We've sat around taking the abuse, trying to ignore them, acting like elitists long enough. Now is the time for action.

Our forces will spread like napalm across the internets. We will leave no forum, no website, unscathed. We will show them that our way of life is worth fighting for, for we are the master nerds, and born of our rage will come a new golden age for Mac users as Microsoft goes bankrupt and every person on earth sees the truth.

And if they refuse to convert? Extermination is their only option.

So IMG, will you join me? Will you help forge a new future for this small community of miserable, abused, war-ravaged nerds?

Excuse me, I have to go finish up my latest writing project: Mac Kampf.

HEIL MILBOP! HEIL MILBOP! HEIL MILBOP! HEIL MILBOP! HEIL MILBOP!

#54 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

^ This could not possibly ever end badly.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#55 Magnum

Magnum

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

View PostMILBOP DIPPLEBERRY, on September 6th 2007, 09:41 AM, said:

No no no! Enough talk! We've sat around taking the abuse, trying to ignore them, acting like elitists long enough. Now is the time for action.

Our forces will spread like napalm across the internets. We will leave no forum, no website, unscathed. We will show them that our way of life is worth fighting for, for we are the master nerds, and born of our rage will come a new golden age for Mac users as Microsoft goes bankrupt and every person on earth sees the truth.

So IMG, will you join me? Will you help forge a new future for this small community of miserable, abused, war-ravaged nerds?

Unit "Mac User" HP 9999. Ground Weapon: tBC brand cat-guns. Damage 9000+9. Anti-Air Weapon:Airport Extreme Missile Packs. Damage 1337+6
Armor: iMac plating 777+7. Special Upgrade: Firewall, Destroys any enemy unit near it.
2.71828183 * 3.14159265 * 299792458

#56 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

View PostMILBOP DIPPLEBERRY, on September 6th 2007, 07:41 AM, said:

This post was just begging for the word "crucible" to be included somewhere in it.  What a terrible lost opportunity.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat