57 replies to this topic

#41 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:12 AM

Which is what doesn't make sense.  Heterosexuals guys (all of us--as far as I know) love to see scantily clad girls, hence, the question of whether he meant to say "heresexuals."  I read it: "hairy sexuals."  Perhaps there's a connotation that I'm not getting.  :blink:
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com

#42 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:24 AM

View PostQuicksilver, on July 15th 2007, 06:12 PM, said:

Which is what doesn't make sense.  Heterosexuals guys (all of us--as far as I know) love to see scantily clad girls, hence, the question of whether he meant to say "heresexuals."  I read it: "hairy sexuals."  Perhaps there's a connotation that I'm not getting.  :blink:

i contemplated commenting on that, for a while and then gave up. my brain has quit.

and "as far as i(you) know", you dont really know. the only thing we ever really talk about is computers.

which brings me to my next point maybye, "Heresexuals" refers to those who are attracted to Apple Computers?

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#43 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on July 15th 2007, 12:42 AM, said:

Did you misspell that, you am I completely out of the picture?  :unsure:

Liberator.

I wrote that post in 1 minute before I went out so I didin't check all the spelling or anything.

My point is you got people on this forum some who are bi-sexual who pretend to be stright, and people who are homosexuals who are pretending to be stright.  :glare:
What is a man?

#44 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:55 AM

So let me sort this out... Heresexuals are people who are not stright...  OK that doesn't help, I'm just getting more lost now.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#45 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

it doesnt matter your sexual orientation, but i get the feeling that posting pictures of the half naked ladies is just a bit wrong for a public forum which can be viewed by anyone of any age. not to mention that its quite inherently sexist.

oh, and you missed a few categories, namely the old men pretending to be teenage girls, the young girls pretending to be FBI agents, and the people pretending to be cats... either way, sexuality and gender and pretending to be someone youre not doesnt really matter here, so long as youre a person with a decent sense of humour, a problem we can help you with, or something to contribute youll fit in perfectly.

and "stright"?? did you right that post 1 minute before going out to say that youd written the previous post one minute before going out, and forgot to check the spelling.... again??
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#46 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:24 AM

The direction that this thread has taken gives an all new meaning to the title of this thread.

One Way of Looking at Life
Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#47 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:04 AM

View Postteflon, on July 15th 2007, 09:04 AM, said:

it doesnt matter your sexual orientation, but i get the feeling that posting pictures of the half naked ladies is just a bit wrong for a public forum which can be viewed by anyone of any age. not to mention that its quite inherently sexist.

I'm going to take issue with that.  First of all, you can't avoid seeing images of half-naked men and women walking down the street, watching TV, and reading a magazine, so posting that kind of stuff on a thread is not a problem.  The only appreciable difference is in the presentation since you choose to click on the topic.  The material is basically the same (albeit higher quality), and the only thing you're missing out on are the random slogans strapped to the ads ("The lesbian vampire asked, 'same time next month?'").  ;)  Second, read the definition of "sexist," which seems to be thrown around by feminists whenever they want to scare men into submission.  A truly "sexist" image is probably like this, since it depicts a supposedly negative stereotype:

http://flickr.com/ph...tura/800379286/

Note that it's sexist, both ways.  If anything, posting pictures that show how much Ichigo27's likes Megumi (or how much I like Alina Vacariu) promotes the idea that women are at the very least extremely pretty/desirable, not dishwashing, baby-making machines.  :w00t:  Lastly, I couldn't resist posting a Calvin & Hobbes strip, because I'm firm in the belief that Calvin makes everything better:

Posted Image

Your thoughts?
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com

#48 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:11 AM

You all have interesting points. :nods:

I really don't know how this thread got onto the weird heresexuals stuff, but it really doesn't matter there.

The thing is with this current world, it is apparent that it is just blaitenly sexist. There is no getting away from it; sexism is everywhere in our current society, there is no getting away from that. Sure, it is in magazines, on the web, and in everything else, but that doesn't mean it needs to be promoted all of the time, even if it is supposed to be harmless and koking, becasue people percieve things differently.

And no Bernie, IMG news is a bot (even though there are still writers behind it), therefore it actually can't give a new meaning you the title of this thread. Frankly, you are silly Bernie, silly. :P

Liberator.

P.S. I hope this post helped straighten things out, if it didn't direct all rage to tBC... :teehee:

[Edit]I have edited the post, so it read better. Thanks for the awakening to my...

barely understandable sentences
[/Edit]

Edited by The Liberator, 16 July 2007 - 06:09 AM.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#49 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:53 AM

im going to say once again that pictures of half naked women is sexist. thats my opinion, and ill stick with it.
if you live in the UK, or have heard of The Sun (its a news paper), then thats what i mean by half naked, so topless, and in a publication of some kind. I dont mean wearing a bikini or something like that, though i do find that equally pointless and demeaning.

and its just as sexist to stereotype women as just being pretty/desirable little things as opposed to washer women.

as Liberator said, (in amongst a mush of barely understandable sentences :P ) the world as a whole is inherently sexist, theres no getting away from it, and if you want to argue with it, then thats fine by me.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64

#50 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:17 AM

View PostIchigo27, on July 15th 2007, 11:08 PM, said:

My point is you got people on this forum some who are bi-sexual who pretend to be stright, and people who are homosexuals who are pretending to be stright.  :glare:
what mak...(AHHHHHH fire truckING BATTERY!)...es you think that? im sorry, but i think its really immature of you to say that.
especially, that glare, infact i go as far as saying it disturbs me.

but, perhaps we're all being immature?

may i glimpse back onto the point for one moment and ask if we ever did Neuter, the pimpbot 5000?

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#51 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:21 AM

View PostAMG, on July 16th 2007, 10:17 PM, said:

may i glimpse back onto the point for one moment and ask if we ever did Neuter, the pimpbot 5000?
Indeed we did, back on page 1.

#52 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:26 AM

ahhhhh page one.... :rolleyes:

IMG Resident Crackpot

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

#53 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:51 AM

Gosh, remember page one?  Those were the days eh?  We were all pals and none of us had ever heard of heresexuals.  It was just a bunch of guys standing around wondering what to do with a wild eyed news bot we had penned up.

The battle of the sexes has been raging unabated for the last million years and I sincerely doubt anything is going to be solved within the next 700 millennia much less in this thread.

::tBC pokes the news bot with a stick to make it moo::  Does that bot's voice sound higher to you?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#54 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

no you have to neuter things before they hit puberty to stop their voice dropping...
did we manage to do that??

just out of interest, what was the pimpbot's post count pre-neuterage?

#55 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:39 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on July 16th 2007, 10:51 AM, said:

Gosh, remember page one?  Those were the days eh?  We were all pals and none of us had ever heard of heresexuals.

I Googled that when I read Ichigo's pre-edited post to see if it was some new thing I just hadn't heard of, and got 6 pages of results.  So I'm still not entirely sure.  Although now I'm wondering what "hetrosexuals" are.  I get lots and lots of results on Google, but I probably shouldn't click on any of those links and it's not in any dictionary I can find.

--Eric

#56 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

View Postteflon, on July 16th 2007, 07:58 AM, said:

no you have to neuter things before they hit puberty to stop their voice dropping...
did we manage to do that??
Wait, how did we just swerve into talking about the podcast?

just out of interest, what was the pimpbot's post count pre-neuterage?
I knocked an even 3,000 posts off of its count.

View PostEric5h5, on July 16th 2007, 11:39 AM, said:

I Googled that when I read Ichigo's pre-edited post to see if it was some new thing I just hadn't heard of, and got 6 pages of results.  So I'm still not entirely sure.  Although now I'm wondering what "hetrosexuals" are.  I get lots and lots of results on Google, but I probably shouldn't click on any of those links and it's not in any dictionary I can find.

--Eric
Yow!  I got 6 pages too, I thought you were making it up cause you're such a kidder.  And stuff.  Anyway it's not official until I see it in Wikipedia - The Ultimate Authority For Everything, and it ain't there me boyo... it just ain't there.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#57 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6074 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:08 PM

View PostQuicksilver, on July 12th 2007, 01:54 AM, said:

Dang, man--you've been around longer than I have, and you've written about a hundred times less frequently than I have.  Who are you, and do you remember how you found out about IMG (I think I learned about it from MacGamer or MacCentral)?
This makes me wonder... I think I may be one of the oldest IMGers, even though I didn't become an IMG forumer till '05. I think I got my first disc with either my copy of Pathways into Darkness or Marathon, and started subscribing. Must have been like 1994 or something. Was a subscriber all the way up till the magazine dropped and became the MacGames DVD, at which point I let the subscription lapse, but I always kept up with the news via the website.

Finally joined the forum when I followed a link to a forum topic in the news and saw the Battle Cat and Frigidman posting. Once I was aware the place was being run by the old alt.games.marathon regulars, I signed up. :P
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#58 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on July 16th 2007, 03:54 PM, said:

Yow!  I got 6 pages too, I thought you were making it up cause you're such a kidder.  And stuff.

I can't believe you would ever think I'd make something up.  It's like that time when I was hiking in the Himalayas two years ago after getting chased by a herd of wild polar bears and I found Bigfoot's house by accident and he was like "hey man this is like a no trespassing zone dude" and I was like "whatever man I didn't know you lived here I was just on my way to South Podunk" and he didn't believe me at first either but I showed him Google Maps on the secret iPhone prototype that Steve Jobs gave me personally which was made using alien technology and then he saw IT WAS TRUE.  You can look it up on Wikipedia just as soon as I finish editing the entry.

--Eric