57 replies to this topic

#21 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

I must be slow on posting or something. By now I should have around 4000+ posts.

#22 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on July 11th 2007, 12:47 AM, said:

...Liberator, please stay after class and report to detention in room 777 for capital punishment with a heavy blunt object...I have ways of making people like you suffer.  Don't make plans for your next birthday party.
As I said...

View PostThe Liberator, on July 10th 2007, 03:13 PM, said:

...P.S. Please don't hurt me tBC (hurt someone your own size :crying:). :P

View PostEric5h5, on July 11th 2007, 05:04 AM, said:

Actually the really scariest thing was when I was training to be a mod and I went way beyond post counts and just deleted Lemon Lime completely.  (You know, the usual "So what does this button do?" "Wait, don't touch--" "Oops, too late!" routine.)  And then the forum software crashed so I couldn't restore him and there weren't any backups.  Fortunately we were able to switch to an alternate timeline where he still existed, which wasn't that easy because there are fewer and fewer of those for some weird reason.  So he's probably not even aware of that whole incident.

--Eric
He is now, silly silly Eric. :nods:

View Postthe Battle Cat, on July 11th 2007, 10:56 AM, said:

...But if you want, I can give you some of the Liberators.  You know... liberate them.
I feel like Gill from the Simpsons :: oh dang::

Liberator.

P.S. I should have nearly 1000+ by now.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#23 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:12 AM

Speaking of post counts, what happened to SPK?
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive

#24 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:17 AM

Ha!  If there's one person that had his postcount deliberately reduced, it would have to be SPK (Space Pirate Killer).  According to his profile, he hasn't been on the forum since February.
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com

#25 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

Maybe tBC got bored of eating newbies that joined two years ago and haven't posted once, so he wanted something different. I think he was eaten for breakfast. Well, at least that is the latest rumour from rumours.com. ;)

Liberator.

P.S. And yes, I am spelling it correctly.

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

#26 JetOver

JetOver

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

Looking at the join dates, I thought, WOW!, I must have been one of the very earliest people to have registered here when IMG changed to these forums.  Then I looked at the member profiles and realized that something like 80+ people registered on that same day.  There must have been a special running that day.  Anyway, when I hit double digit posts sometime ago, I expected something to happen...like fireworks, achievement points, free coupons to McDonald's...Half-Life to be released....just something.  After that I was so distraught that I just decided to lurk all these years.  But its all quality lurking.

JetOver

#27 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:54 AM

Dang, man--you've been around longer than I have, and you've written about a hundred times less frequently than I have.  Who are you, and do you remember how you found out about IMG (I think I learned about it from MacGamer or MacCentral)?
InsideMacGames.com

#28 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:14 AM

I know AMG told me about it, but then again, you weren't asking me, were you...? I felt like I had to say something...  :cool:

Liberator.

#29 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17432 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

View PostJetOver, on July 11th 2007, 07:48 PM, said:

Looking at the join dates, I thought, WOW!, I must have been one of the very earliest people to have registered here when IMG changed to these forums.  Then I looked at the member profiles and realized that something like 80+ people registered on that same day.  There must have been a special running that day.  Anyway, when I hit double digit posts sometime ago, I expected something to happen...like fireworks, achievement points, free coupons to McDonald's...Half-Life to be released....just something.  After that I was so distraught that I just decided to lurk all these years.  But its all quality lurking.

JetOver
Well as an IMG Pro member you should have access to the deluxe Pro forums.  There is always free food, drinks and a bevy of booth babes in the IMG Pro sub-forum.  It's just our little way of saying thanks.  When you visit the Pro forum, we promise not to bash you over the head, stuff you in a barrel, then haul you aboard a tramp merchant vessel for sea duty.  Honest we won't do that.  We haven't done that for... days.  Trust us.  Oh, fill up your wallet first.  And load your pockets with candy.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#30 JetOver

JetOver

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

Well as an IMG Pro member you should have access to the deluxe Pro forums.  There is always free food, drinks and a bevy of booth babes in the IMG Pro sub-forum.  It's just our little way of saying thanks.  When you visit the Pro forum, we promise not to bash you over the head, stuff you in a barrel, then haul you aboard a tramp merchant vessel for sea duty.  Honest we won't do that.  We haven't done that for... days.  Trust us.  Oh, fill up your wallet first.  And load your pockets with candy.
I ventured in there once...I still have nightmares!!!!

Dang, man--you've been around longer than I have, and you've written about a hundred times less frequently than I have. Who are you, and do you remember how you found out about IMG (I think I learned about it from MacGamer or MacCentral)?

A friend and I used to get the IMG floppy back before I knew what the internet was.  At least we got a floppy from somewhere, I think it was here.  At least that's how I recall it.  I'm obviously an introvert.  I only post when I think I have something mindboggling to say, I suppose.  That means my post count is artificially inflated.  I have no idea how I got here, or how long I've been here, but it had nothing to do with the booth babes in the IMG Pro Forums.  Anyway, as long as this site is here, I probably will be too....lurking.

JetOver

#31 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:50 PM

View PostJetOver, on July 12th 2007, 07:18 PM, said:

I only post when I think I have something mindboggling to say, I suppose.

You should do like the rest of us and just post whatever random babble crosses your mind at the time.  As long as it's related to Mac gaming, of course, or at least had its origins in something related to Mac gaming at one time....

--Eric

#32 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

View PostEric5h5, on July 12th 2007, 06:50 PM, said:

You should do like the rest of us and just post whatever random babble crosses your mind at the time.  As long as it's related to Mac gaming, of course, or at least had its origins in something related to Mac gaming at one time....

Unless you're like Ichigo27, who likes posting pictures of Megumi.  Those are okay, too. :blush:
InsideMacGames.com

#33 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:26 AM

If the forum software can handle it, I'd like having an insanely negative post count.

One Way of Looking at Life
Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#34 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

View PostQuicksilver, on July 12th 2007, 07:54 AM, said:

I think I learned about it from MacGamer

i know i did it this way. I found MacGamer, checked out the news for a while, then found the link to IMG, then lost the link, and eventually found it again, then got hooked on the addictive.... personality.... of tBC and havent left since.

the shackles help keep me around.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#35 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17432 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

"Personality"... I thought you loved me for my man boobs.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#36 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:15 PM

AHHHHH!!! Edit: You have soiled my eyes.

:bleedingeyes:

Edit: When I read that later on, it reminded me of the scene after the credits in Dogeball (if you don't know that scene, I might explain it for you...).

Liberator.

P.S. Part of the reason I'm on here is I can get terribly bored. :cool:

Edited by The Liberator, 15 July 2007 - 12:09 AM.

#37 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:26 PM

View PostQuicksilver, on July 12th 2007, 10:31 PM, said:

Unless you're like Ichigo27, who likes posting pictures of Megumi.  Those are okay, too. :blush:

That was only for a limited amount of time, oh how I remember when people posted incredibly stupid things on this forum I'd post pictures of half naked women. Then hetrosexuals and the Battle Cat got on my case.
What is a man?

#38 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

What are heresexuals?
InsideMacGames.com

#39 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

Did you misspell that, or am I completely out of the picture?  :unsure:

Liberator.

#40 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:55 AM

View PostQuicksilver, on July 15th 2007, 02:11 PM, said:

What are heresexuals?

He said "hetrosexual" a hetrosexual is someone who is sexually attracted to the opposite form.

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1