Ranger_Joe, on July 9th 2007, 11:52 AM, said:
Not that I needed justification to shoot down a pink pony before, but there is photographic evidence of the thieving menace their kind pose.
Ha! I knew it! They deserve everything they get! Shoot 'em down with extreme prejudice, boys!
The Liberator, on July 10th 2007, 02:08 AM, said:
I do think it would be really good if sometimes a bunny or something nice a loveydovey would jut come quickly across.
That is a good idea, though I think the game should stick to ponies of one sort or another in the interest of focus. Maybe a non-flying pink magical pony that trots across the ground? If somebody makes an animation of a trotting pink pony I'll put it in.
I think it wooul be better if instead or how many you let escape out of 10 determines you game overness, it should be one pony escapes and your points go down.
Sadly you didn't suggest this to begin with, so now the gameplay's kinda stuck with with the "escape out of 10" idea, because it would be too annoying to change at this point. Though the number "10" is just a number that could be anything....
the Battle Cat, on July 10th 2007, 11:19 AM, said:
I'd like to see a panic button you could figuratively slam your fist down on. A tactical nuke would go off and clear all the ponies in sight, but now the survivors are glowing radioactive and are tougher plus you start seeing mutants that fight back harder.
Hmm, I had an idea kinda sorta slightly a bit maybe like that but not really, although it didn't involve radiation. Stay tuned!
But enough chatter...how can we sit around blabbing like this when the massively awesome version 14.0 is out?!?!! Yes! Go get it!!
- Glowing ponies that fight back! After a while the ponies start getting mad, so some of them might charge up and let loose with a glowing bolt of happy nice pink pony magicalness that splatters your faceplate with cute stuff! Yuck!!! You don't want this, 'cause it's hard to see for a bit! Blow them up while they're charging to prevent this, for a nice 2,000 point bonus and extra sparkly bits in the resulting explosion!
- Version checking! This is amazing, but you can't tell how amazing it is, because it was just implemented! So of course you have the latest version, or else you have an older version without version checking so it won't do anything anyway!! Oh well!!! Just wait till next time!
- Mid-air bonus! If you knock a pony out with splash damage and manage to shoot it while it's falling, you get an astounding 25,000 bonus points! 'Cause it's pretty darn hard to do!!
- Speaking of falling ponies, they now flap frantically when they're falling! If you were knocked out of the sky by the force of a nearby explosion, you wouldn't just continue to flap in a leisurely fashion as you hurtled toward the ground and your impending demise, would you? No, I don't think that you would!!
- Continuous fire by holding down the mouse button! This feature required the exhausting, mind-numbing work of changing "if (GetButtonDown("Fire1"))" to "if (GetButton("Fire1"))", so I hope you appreciate it! But remember that a miss resets your bonus multiplier, so are you sure you really want to use this?! But go ahead if you need to!!
- Pause by pressing "p"! Unpause by pressing "p" again!! This feature was there all along but I never said anything about it! Ha ha!
Wow! All that, plus I discovered that if you flip the widget over, it uses 0% CPU when inactive instead of .1%. Nice. The glowing ponies only splatter the screen and don't hurt you, because like I said I think things should remain relatively simple, and adding a health meter or something seems unnecessary. Surely it's enough that your view is impaired, which might allow more ponies to escape? Or not? Maybe your rocket launcher should get stuck for a couple of seconds too, or would that just be annoying? Anything about existing elements that should be changed?