27 replies to this topic

#1 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Just wanted to let everyone who is interested know that I have received permission from Paolo Cattani to continue the new VGP HD project based on the game Virtual Grand Prix 2. To learn more, go to the VGP HD project website. It is under construction, but it should answer some questions. More will be available soon.
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#2 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:11 PM

I've gotta say I'm really looking forward to this!
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#3 miclar1

miclar1

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

Your upgrade project is great news JaguarGod.
But, having to download a complete package is not so good news for me and others on dial-up.
No Games but Racing Sims

#4 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

View Postmiclar1, on July 8th 2007, 08:39 AM, said:

Your upgrade project is great news JaguarGod.
But, having to download a complete package is not so good news for me and others on dial-up.
The download will be a fairly good size chunk of MB's. I am in talks right now to fix that problem at this time. Check the website for more info very very soon. And don't worry, you'll be able to get the upgrade. ;)

#5 miclar1

miclar1

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:49 PM

Good !!! Thanks Jason. :)

I've been giving your work a little publicity at this francophone Mac forum... ;)

http://forums.macgen...ad.php?t=170659
No Games but Racing Sims

#6 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

View Postmiclar1, on July 9th 2007, 01:49 PM, said:

Good !!! Thanks Jason. :)

I've been giving your work a little publicity at this francophone Mac forum... ;)

http://forums.macgen...ad.php?t=170659
Thanks for the advertising! The emails keep rolling in and it gives me incentive to work on the update. I'll let you know when I have some more updates.

#7 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

Web site has been updated with a bunch of new pics. Some are comparisons between the original and the new one.

VGPHD Website

#8 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on July 15th 2007, 02:56 PM, said:

Web site has been updated with a bunch of new pics. Some are comparisons between the original and the new one.

VGPHD Website

I love the revised advertising, improved curbs and textures. I sure looks like the Tracks are going to be much better.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#9 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:33 AM

Imola track is officially finished. Here are some new pics. The website has been updated also. Movies coming soon too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

Website updated and a new Tire Package is available for download. The package includes low, medium and high res versions of the softer (white line) and harder (no white line) compounds.

Also, some new pics showing progress.

Thanks.

VGPHD

#11 miclar1

miclar1

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

The upgraded tracks look great !!!

Thanks a lot for the new tire package.
No Games but Racing Sims

#12 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on July 30th 2007, 02:33 PM, said:

Imola track is officially finished. Here are some new pics. The website has been updated also. Movies coming soon too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking really good. This will be a real improvement when the tracks arrive. I just tried a couple of quick races at Monza and Spa and although Monza was fine the first corner at Spa seems to have a bug as it was impossible to avoid being on the gravel on the exit (that bit should actually be tarmac anyway) even at 15km/h! I though I'd try and change it I had no luck with the track editor as it wouldn't open or save any files for some reason.

As a side note JaguarGod do you know if it is possible to increase the recording time of the replays? I would kind of like all the race to be recorded. I also wonder if it may be possible to modify the points system to match the current system so drivers down to 8th can score.

#13 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:10 AM

View Postmiclar1, on August 25th 2007, 09:11 AM, said:

The upgraded tracks look great !!!

Thanks a lot for the new tire package.
Hopefully everything will be to your liking when this is finished. Look for another download available middle of the weekend.

View Postmattw, on August 26th 2007, 10:45 AM, said:

Looking really good. This will be a real improvement when the tracks arrive. I just tried a couple of quick races at Monza and Spa and although Monza was fine the first corner at Spa seems to have a bug as it was impossible to avoid being on the gravel on the exit (that bit should actually be tarmac anyway) even at 15km/h! I though I'd try and change it I had no luck with the track editor as it wouldn't open or save any files for some reason.

As a side note JaguarGod do you know if it is possible to increase the recording time of the replays? I would kind of like all the race to be recorded. I also wonder if it may be possible to modify the points system to match the current system so drivers down to 8th can score.
Yes, the first corner at spa is...shall we say... not good. Feels more like a rally game than an F1 simulator. Don't worry, it will be smooth in the future. Let me check again for the replay info. Also, I am not sure if the points can be changed for the championship. I will check tonight when I am home.

#14 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:52 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on August 27th 2007, 01:10 PM, said:

Hopefully everything will be to your liking when this is finished. Look for another download available middle of the weekend.
Yes, the first corner at spa is...shall we say... not good. Feels more like a rally game than an F1 simulator. Don't worry, it will be smooth in the future. Let me check again for the replay info. Also, I am not sure if the points can be changed for the championship. I will check tonight when I am home.

I'm really getting back into the game again now. I just stubbled across Monaco and Sepang tracks as well, I can't believe I never found them before! The Monaco one has a few problems with elevation in place, missing textures (you can see cars in the sky!) and some corners you can't get round correctly (the same can be said of some of the official tracks as well!). Sepang however seems really good. I really hope VGP3 will get a good community behind it keeping the tracks and cars up to date with the official FIA calender - it makes the game so much more appealing.

#15 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:58 AM

View Postmattw, on August 28th 2007, 03:52 PM, said:

I'm really getting back into the game again now. I just stubbled across Monaco and Sepang tracks as well, I can't believe I never found them before! The Monaco one has a few problems with elevation in place, missing textures (you can see cars in the sky!) and some corners you can't get round correctly (the same can be said of some of the official tracks as well!). Sepang however seems really good. I really hope VGP3 will get a good community behind it keeping the tracks and cars up to date with the official FIA calender - it makes the game so much more appealing.
Sepang isn't bad while Monaco has a lot of problems. Elkhart Lake is the best of the post-release tracks. I will try to fix those in the future also. As far as VGP3, I have the same hope. It shows a lot of potential and the game in it's current form is very nice. I am proud to be a small part of it.

#16 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on August 29th 2007, 12:58 PM, said:

Sepang isn't bad while Monaco has a lot of problems. Elkhart Lake is the best of the post-release tracks. I will try to fix those in the future also. As far as VGP3, I have the same hope. It shows a lot of potential and the game in it's current form is very nice. I am proud to be a small part of it.

I don't know if you are able to pass on feature suggestions regarding VGP3 but the Sepang track got me thinking. The only obvious error I could find was the pit lane entry which is in the wrong place. It isn't the only track like this, some have incorrect pit lane exits. It would be great if these were corrected in VGP3 and if we could have a pit lane speed limiter button and a line you must brake for on entry, and one you must wait to cross on exit (complete with drive through penalties). More feedback about the pit stops is really required. Ideally a lollipop (if not a visible crew) so you know when to go.

#17 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:55 AM

Just wanted to let you know I have updated the site with new pics and progress reports. Here is a new pic for you. Sorry for the delay.

Here are some of the new things that are finished and will be released sometime in the near future...
1. Imola
2. Official Driver Helmets for each driver
3. All team tyre sets
4. 3 new steering wheels

Also, The Hungaroring fix will be uploaded soon.

Posted Image

#18 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:06 AM

Website has been updated...  December 18, 2007

Melbourne now available
Imola now available
Hockenheim now available
Hungaroring updated
New driver file
New menu graphics

This was all done without a ton of testing. Please let me know if anything is bad.

Here is a pic from Melbourne...
Posted Image

VGPHD Project

#19 miclar1

miclar1

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:49 AM

A ton of thanks for this excellent work Jason !!!

Everything looks and feels great. I'm getting good FPS using your HighRes versions on my new iMac 24" with Leopard. I certainly did not expect such results from the game running in Rosetta.
No Games but Racing Sims

#20 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:52 PM

View Postmiclar1, on December 20th 2007, 03:49 PM, said:

A ton of thanks for this excellent work Jason !!!

Everything looks and feels great. I'm getting good FPS using your HighRes versions on my new iMac 24" with Leopard. I certainly did not expect such results from the game running in Rosetta.

Christmas has come early with these updates! Thanks for keeping F1 on the Mac a possibility  :)

It is also nice to hear that the game runs fine in Rosetta - I may just be able to get an Intel Mac after all! Do you still get force feedback in Rosetta?