5 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:03 PM

Inside Mac Games has posted a review for Unreal Voodoo's Frets on Fire, A game that takes after the fun and exciting style of the Guitar Hero games. Here's a clip from the review:

Frets on Fire won the first prize in the 2006 Assembly Demo Party Game Development competition in Finland. The first stable Macintosh Binary was delivered to Frets fans on the 22nd of December 2006. At the moment, Frets on Fire is the only Guitar Hero clone available for the Macintosh, but should you stick with your console versions of Guitar Hero, or will Frets on Fire rock the house?
To check out the review, follow the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 SilentBobCDN

SilentBobCDN

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

What version of FoF did you download for this review? I've downloaded the newest one (linked on the main FoF page) numerous times, and every time it comes up to a black screen and it requires me to terminate the app.

Frets on Fire Error
An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'GMatrix33'

is what I get. and I know im not the only other person to have this happen, based on the last post in the mac help thread in one of the FoF communities.

#3 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:17 AM

i looked around, and founf the link to a working version.

you cant get it from the official page.

http://downloads.sou...use_mirror=osdn

beleive me though it gets harder to use. there are only 3 songs and the FOF community doesnt seem to be to happy to let people know where to get new ones.

i am pulling my hair out over this game

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#4 Michael Wuerthele

Michael Wuerthele

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:50 AM

View PostAMG, on July 3rd 2007, 05:17 AM, said:

i looked around, and founf the link to a working version.

you cant get it from the official page.

http://downloads.sou...use_mirror=osdn
beleive me though it gets harder to use. there are only 3 songs and the FOF community doesnt seem to be to happy to let people know where to get new ones.

i am pulling my hair out over this game

If you follow the link to the community I put in the review, AND REGISTER, you can find some places and links for songs.  Alternatively, borrow your friend's Guitar Hero I and II disks for the PSII and use the extractor.

#5 SilentBobCDN

SilentBobCDN

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

Considering that that was the same version that i've downloaded repeatedly, I still downloaded it yet again. And 'lo and behold, the exact same result occurred. I fail to see how clicking the link on the main FoF page is the equivalent of looking around, but I digress.

Ill go back to the FoF forums for help now, I was only curious as to how it was working on other computers. Maybe ill just suck it up and play in boot camp or something. Meh.

#6 Michael Wuerthele

Michael Wuerthele

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:23 AM

View PostSilentBobCDN, on July 3rd 2007, 10:21 AM, said:

Considering that that was the same version that i've downloaded repeatedly, I still downloaded it yet again. And 'lo and behold, the exact same result occurred. I fail to see how clicking the link on the main FoF page is the equivalent of looking around, but I digress.

Ill go back to the FoF forums for help now, I was only curious as to how it was working on other computers. Maybe ill just suck it up and play in boot camp or something. Meh.

I wrote the review an AGE ago.  The reviewed version is 1.1.324.  I'm not sure what version they're on now.

EDIT!  The reviewed system was an intel macmini.  Evidently, that seems to matter as well.