#21 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

View Postbobbob, on June 13th 2007, 07:43 PM, said:

They screwed the pooch on the PC version, so play it on the X-box 1 if at all. Not the 360 version, either, it picked graphics over gameplay.
Yeah, I played the demo of if on the 360, I was utterly disapointed by the fact that the entire demo level was IN THE BRIGHT SUN LIGHT.

seriously? wtf?

#22 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:50 AM

View PostLemon Lime, on June 14th 2007, 05:15 AM, said:

Yeah, I played the demo of if on the 360, I was utterly disapointed by the fact that the entire demo level was IN THE BRIGHT SUN LIGHT.

you wont like Splinter Cell Conviction when it comes out then...  :lol:
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#23 Gloops

Gloops

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:54 AM

Only buy Oblivion if you have a spare life, it's taking up far too much of my time. Value for money though, and beautiful to behold.

Stalker is in a similar vein, with guns instead of swords, but not so epic - and buggy - maybe better to hold on until it's fully patched.

Far Cry is starting to look a little old, but it's a lot of fun in de jungle (the monster parts kill it a bit), and there's some nice mods.

HL2 is a work of art.
What, Me worry?

#24 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:23 AM

View PostGloops, on June 14th 2007, 04:54 AM, said:

Only buy Oblivion if you have a spare life, it's taking up far too much of my time. Value for money though, and beautiful to behold.

It's advantage over a MMO is that you can take it as you have time for it and not miss a thing!

#25 Mango

Mango

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

What about "Brothers in Arms" or "Company of Heroes"? Has anyone played these?

#26 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:23 PM

View PostMango, on June 14th 2007, 01:52 PM, said:

What about "Brothers in Arms" or "Company of Heroes"? Has anyone played these?

I did but I'm kinda burned out on WWII shooters so I only played them briefly. My favorite is Call of Duty.

#27 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:03 AM

company of heroes is one of the latest and greatest RTS games, with deformable terrain and quite a lot of advancements over Dawn of War, the games workshop themed gameplay prequel. Its meant to be really really good, but ive not played it, just heard good things about it.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#28 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:40 AM

okay.
i
dominic

HATE RTS!

But one look at Company Of Heroes, and i was sold. oh my god it is so fire trucking good!
it just pulls you right in. it makes you feel like your accountable for each soldier on that screen.

okay wheres Teflons old list.....hhhmmmm let me see.
ahh here

"simple:
Half Life 2 or a bundle which has Half Life 2 and episode 1 together.
FEAR
and some other game, though those will last you for a bit."

and add Company of heroes as that something!

F.E.A.R

Half Life 2 Pack

Company of heroes.

and if you havnt played fear yet. play it.
dont let someone else tell you what its like.
the most intelligent answer you will get will either be

"its not scary! its stiupid. none of it scared me, that little girl wasnt creepy at all"

good for him. the main thing that makes this game brilliant isnt how scary it is...its the fact that you can blow someones head off in slow motion. and watch it fly through the air whilst a tincey bit of blood spurts all over the floor.
attention to detail people

and the other you will get is excactly what i just when and did

"OMG you can blow peoples legs off and..."

but seriously dude. that is a fire trucking game!

and its funny, but there are currently no commercial copies of far cry left in my entire state.
it just sold out!

now if you will excuse me...im going to play Company of heroes.

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#29 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

If found Company of Heroes WAY too fast for this old guy to keep up with.

The two chatty women on Gilmore Girls seem in slow-mo compared to this one.

But it is a beautiful game with some neat concepts (control of areas etc). It's just too darn fast though.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#30 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:00 PM

Tomb Raider: Legend and Anniversary

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Half Life 2

Condemned: Criminal Origins

Max Payne 2
What is a man?

#31 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

Max payne Owns it! and play through it with the kung fu mod...Golden!

as for condemned. theyve stopped stocking copies of that over here aswell.
i saw one at a department store...old, batterd, and with a AUS $120 Pricetag!

crazy world.

But it is a beautiful game with some neat concepts (control of areas etc). It's just too darn fast though.

yeah, thats what ails me. my lack of RTS skills and my desire to wach all the effects and people blowing upo and popsnizzle often loses the game.
But did you know if you have the Crab mine flain you Can use it to cut up nazi's! fire truckING AWESOME!

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#32 yellow#5

yellow#5

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

Metacritic's PC games organized by score. Since everyone has different taste and is just throwing out their personal favorites, why not take a look at an aggrigate of far more viewpoints then you'll find in this thread. Just pick anything in a genre you like form the top 100 and it's pretty much going to be a good game.

You may also want to check out gamerankings, another review aggrigate site.

#33 LoneIgadzra

LoneIgadzra

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:17 AM

I'm seeing a LOT of games here that I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole, or wouldn't particularly put anywhere near a top-10 list, so my advice is just discover games however you like. Play demos, get recommendations from people who share your interests or really know what they're talking about. Lists are a good place to start, but I think you guys ought to elaborate more. Just telling what genre a game is and that it's "awesome" isn't very helpful.

All of my top PC games have been listed, but a large part of my game collection also has a Mac version that you just can't play any more because it's for System 7 or something, or is never going to get a UB, like Baldur's Gate 2. Some of my most-played games are Starcraft and Myth 2, which both run fine in OS X as well.

Half-Life 2 is the only PC-only game that I'd recommend above any other. Buy the bundle with Ep. 1 if you can, try CS Source (it's a very high learning curve to get skillful, but still a horrendously addictive arcade shooter), and partake of the umpteen million mods for Source.

Everything else is to taste. There are too many Windows games to play them all.
Wii: 7762 0905 3090 1582 SSBB: 2578 3375 6256

#34 yellow#5

yellow#5

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

View PostLoneIgadzra, on June 17th 2007, 12:17 PM, said:

I'm seeing a LOT of games here that I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole, or wouldn't particularly put anywhere near a top-10 list, so my advice is just discover games however you like. Play demos, get recommendations from people who share your interests or really know what they're talking about. Lists are a good place to start, but I think you guys ought to elaborate more. Just telling what genre a game is and that it's "awesome" isn't very helpful.

That was basically my point. Everyone was just listing off favorites. There may be a lot on the list that you wouldn't touch, however they're obviously liked by a lot of people to get that placement. It's probably just a good jumping off point.

#35 hambone

hambone

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

I enjoyed Far Cry for having good action with "sandbox" moments.

I also really liked Sid Meier's Pirates. Its sort of like Escape Velocity: trade booty, take missions, capture and upgrade ships. Good fun and well worth it if you can get the game for $20.

If you are looking for a turn-based strategy game, I'd do with GalCiv II over HOMMV.

Also definitely check out the Experimental Gameplay Workshop. There are some truly enjoyable (and occasionally bizarre) freeware games in there.

#36 Silver Samurai

Silver Samurai

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

View PostMango, on June 11th 2007, 08:11 PM, said:

These are already some good suggestions. I completely forgot about the Thief series and I didn't realize that Splinter Cell 2 & 3 for available for PCs. I thought they were console-only games.

Has anyone played "Beyond Good & Evil"? It's another Ubisoft game that I've heard good things about.

This game is amazing. I played it a while back on my PS2. You owe it to yourself to play it.
Mac Mini- 2.26Ghz Core 2 Duo + OSX 10.6
5GB RAM, 500GB HD + 250GB and 160GB External HDs

Rev.B-Macbook 1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo + OSX 10.6
1GB RAM. 60GB HD

2nd Gen 8GB iPod Touch + OS 3.1

#37 Bill Ramey

Bill Ramey

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

Yep, Beyond Good and Evil is a masterpiece (the game, not the book by Nietzsche).

#38 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

Is Beyond Good and Evil solo only or is there multiplayer? It looks like a solo story to me but thought I'd ask anyway.

#39 Silver Samurai

Silver Samurai

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

View PostHuntn, on June 27th 2007, 02:07 PM, said:

Is Beyond Good and Evil solo only or is there multiplayer? It looks like a solo story to me but thought I'd ask anyway.
Single player game. Maybe their is a multiplayer mini game? I don't remember, but it's a great game. I would recommend a controller for sure with this one!
Mac Mini- 2.26Ghz Core 2 Duo + OSX 10.6
5GB RAM, 500GB HD + 250GB and 160GB External HDs

Rev.B-Macbook 1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo + OSX 10.6
1GB RAM. 60GB HD

2nd Gen 8GB iPod Touch + OS 3.1

#40 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

Take it from Silver Samurai, the games rules.
What is a man?