3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8346 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:08 AM

Computer and Video Games has gathered together the latest information about Electronic Arts' upcoming addition to the Sim City franchise. Currently under the title Sim City Societies rather than Sim City 5, the new game will be be less focused on realistically simulating urban environments than previous games. In another departure from earlier titles the game will be developed by Tilted Mill Entertainment rather than Maxis.

Responding to the debate, Tilted Mill President & Director of Development Chris Beatrice posted an official statement:

"...I do not want to mislead anyone: This SC is not a realistic urban simulation, which I understand, to many, represents the heart of what SC is," he said. "No one is blind to that. And if you're just completely turned off, even angered by the mere notion of any game called 'SimCity' that is not a detailed, realistic urban simulator, I absolutely understand that viewpoint, and absolutely respect it."

"I do want to say, though (with no insult intended to die hard SC fans)," he adds, "that we are absolutely thrilled to be a part of this venerable series, are extremely proud of what we have put together, and make no apologies about what we have managed to create. And while our past experiences (including contributions from many of you) certainly inform all our ongoing efforts, this SC is its own unique creation."
To read the full article follow the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7107 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:14 AM

Well, from what I got on other game sites, die-hard SC fans already hate the game. Which is pretty understandable, since a game called "Sim City" that doesn't focus on an realistic urban simulation isn't SimCity anymore.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:35 AM

They should probably just call it something else.  The only one I've played is Sim City 2, but I logged a fair few hours on that and would be annoyed if I got another and it wasn't about building a city....

--Eric

#4 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:09 AM

Gotta love that quote - 'Please understand that this SC has little, if anything, to do with what one would probably consider SC to be, as it does not, in fact, simulate a city. We're just being real upfront with that, because frankly, we don't care. We still think it'll be nifty though!'
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64