Jump to content


IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Abecedaria

Abecedaria

    Heroic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Location:Ceti-alpha 5

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:24 PM

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 was released earlier this year on the PC, and if there were ever a flight sim that needed a Mac port, this is it. It's basically the entire catalog of IL2 WWII flight sims in one package. Come on, Aspyr, now is the time for a great mac flight sim......

http://pc.ign.com/ar...1/751000p1.html


abc
"THIS is Ceti-alpha 5!"
| 17" MacBook Pro | Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz | 2GB RAM | Radeon Mobility x1600 256MB |
| Boot Camp Windows XP Config: ATI Driver - DHzer0point Catalyst 0.69 | Current overclock: 475 - 475 (stock) |

#2 Sargiel

Sargiel

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Location:West Sussex, England

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

Hmmm can anyone recommend a decent joystick that's mac compatible and not very expensive ? I'm going to need to get one for X3 methinks   .. even if we don't get Sturmovik :lol:

#3 WSTE_M

WSTE_M

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts
  • Location:six feet under

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

I Would love to see a great flight sim on the mac too...
Be it LockOn or Il-2 I dont care anymore.
Just something to get me flying and forcing others to the crashing and the burning, and the horror and humanity.

A good stick ? well I like my Saitek X45, but I wouldent say its cheap.

W
blowing stuff up in the virtual world since 1994

#4 morback

morback

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Location:Istanbul

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:53 PM

View PostSargiel, on May 21st 2007, 03:06 PM, said:

Hmmm can anyone recommend a decent joystick that's mac compatible and not very expensive ? I'm going to need to get one for X3 methinks   .. even if we don't get Sturmovik :lol:

Saitek Cyborg 3D.
Best ever made imho.

Light
Ergonomic
Left or Right Handed
Fuly adjustable
Awesome design

Form follows function.

#5 Sargiel

Sargiel

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Location:West Sussex, England

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:06 AM

Thanks for the replies guys - I'll check them out!

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7098 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:03 AM

View PostAbecedaria, on May 21st 2007, 07:24 AM, said:

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 was released earlier this year on the PC, and if there were ever a flight sim that needed a Mac port, this is it. It's basically the entire catalog of IL2 WWII flight sims in one package. Come on, Aspyr, now is the time for a great mac flight sim......
I'd buy it. I have it already under Bootcamp, but I hardly play since I hate to have to reboot.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#7 Huntn

Huntn

    Verbal Windbag

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

View Postmorback, on May 21st 2007, 04:53 PM, said:

Saitek Cyborg 3D.
Best ever made imho.

Light
Ergonomic
Left or Right Handed
Fuly adjustable
Awesome design

Form follows function.

For price vs capability I have to agree. For more expensive look at CH Products Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle.

#8 Abecedaria

Abecedaria

    Heroic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Location:Ceti-alpha 5

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

View Postmorback, on May 21st 2007, 02:53 PM, said:

Saitek Cyborg 3D.
Best ever made imho.

Light
Ergonomic
Left or Right Handed
Fuly adjustable
Awesome design

Form follows function.

I have the Cyborg 3D and I would agree with you as being outstanding... but it's no longer supported under Windows XP if that is a concern. On many peoples Windows XP machines, including mine, it doesn't show up after start-up and you have to un-plug and re-plug it in to get it to work. A pain, but not un-workable.
I'd suggest one of the newer Saitek sticks, like the Cyborg Evo, which is basically an updated version of the 3D. Although I have no idea if it supports the Mac. *sigh*

abc
"THIS is Ceti-alpha 5!"
| 17" MacBook Pro | Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz | 2GB RAM | Radeon Mobility x1600 256MB |
| Boot Camp Windows XP Config: ATI Driver - DHzer0point Catalyst 0.69 | Current overclock: 475 - 475 (stock) |

#9 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7098 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:45 AM

View PostAbecedaria, on May 24th 2007, 01:56 AM, said:

I'd suggest one of the newer Saitek sticks, like the Cyborg Evo, which is basically an updated version of the 3D. Although I have no idea if it supports the Mac. *sigh*
I have it and it works perfectly - both under MacOS X and under Windows.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"