#21 WSTE_M

WSTE_M

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

View PostTacohead, on May 9th 2007, 06:11 PM, said:

Is this version in English and can it be purchased if from the USA?

-PN

Oh the game is in english, it says so (in German..:) )

But this is just the game without the expansion pack. You might get a better price if you find the game and the expansion pack in one of those "gold edition" releases sold as discount games.

W
blowing stuff up in the virtual world since 1994

#22 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:07 AM

View PostWSTE_M, on May 9th 2007, 09:53 AM, said:

Oh the game is in english, it says so (in German..:) )

But this is just the game without the expansion pack. You might get a better price if you find the game and the expansion pack in one of those "gold edition" releases sold as discount games.

W

Ok, thanks. Buying the hybrid Battlechest at Walmart, or someplace like that, sounds best.

Does anybody know if there's an OSX demo anywhere?  I have an Intel Mac so would need an OSX version of the demo. Thanks.

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#23 WSTE_M

WSTE_M

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

Sorry, youre out of luck there. The demo was mac OS 8/9 only.

W
blowing stuff up in the virtual world since 1994

#24 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

View PostTacohead, on May 9th 2007, 01:07 PM, said:

Ok, thanks. Buying the hybrid Battlechest at Walmart, or someplace like that, sounds best.

Does anybody know if there's an OSX demo anywhere?  I have an Intel Mac so would need an OSX version of the demo. Thanks.

-PN

Just read this:

Starcraft
Publisher: Blizzard
Necessary files: OS X install file (a link) and latest patch (a link)
- Runs very well under Rosetta. (macrumors.com)
- Can confirm that it runs very well. It has some quirks when it first plays the intro movies, and some slight (not scarring) graphical glitches when playing Brood War's cutscenes, but, other than that, there haven't been any other issues. 20" CD iMac 2Ghz, 2GB RAM, ATI x1600 256VRAM, 10.4.8 (Pegasus)

It's a sticky thread in the General Forum.  

direct link
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#25 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:07 PM

GoGamer.com has SC+BW for $15 - DVD case, manuals on the CDs.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#26 Stefan@Mac

Stefan@Mac

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:25 AM

Yeeha!

I've just found a German dealer who has Starcraft Battle Chest on stock! :)
And mine is on it's way now - this is going to be Starcraft weekend.

#27 Magnum

Magnum

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

I have SC in my CD drive right now :)

We should set up a IMG SC group/clan.
2.71828183 * 3.14159265 * 299792458

#28 Marid

Marid

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:00 AM

After being somewhat disappointed in Star Wars Empire at War, I may just give SC another going through. What a great game.

#29 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:12 AM

I orded a copy of SC: Battlechest from Amazon for $20.  I should have it in the next few days. I wonder how I let this one slip by me all these years. Thanks to Blizzard constantly updating it will still work, even on Intel Macs, so now is my chance.  :happy:

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#30 Stefan@Mac

Stefan@Mac

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

View PostTacohead, on May 12th 2007, 07:12 PM, said:

I orded a copy of SC: Battlechest from Amazon for $20.  I should have it in the next few days. I wonder how I let this one slip by me all these years. Thanks to Blizzard constantly updating it will still work, even on Intel Macs, so now is my chance.  :happy:

-PN
If you've got an Intel based Mac running MacOS X, don't forget to use Blizzards Starcraft Native Installer for MacOS X from here.

#31 Stefan@Mac

Stefan@Mac

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:21 PM

Patch 1.15 has just been released. Blizzard games seem like good wines: the older they get, the better they'll be ...   :)

#32 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

As I mentioned in the Starcraft II thread, I picked up Starcraft Battle Chest Sunday for a grand total of $10.91.  I began playing Episode 1 (Terran).  And, it's really cool.  Great story line, and the graphics aren't bad.  In fact, they're as good as SWGB IMHO.  It has a real steampunk feel.

#33 Sigma

Sigma

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

I just pickd up both starcraft and SC:Brood Wars.  I'm a litle confused on how to go about installing it.  I've downloaded the OS10.X native installer from blizzard as well as both the 1.15 patch for the original and expansion form blizzard as well.  Using the installer with the starcraft cd in the drive everything installs fine. I also patched the original to the current 1.15 following the instal instructions from Blizzard.  My problem is that how do I install the expansion?  When i throw the expansion cd in and try to use te os10 native installer, seldecting the expansion as the mose of insatallation, it throws up a message saying there is already a starcraft folder on my hd. This s where I get confused.  I don't want to overwrite the oriinal as I'm still playing that.  Can anyone who has an intel based mac running OS 10.3 or later and has installed both SC and SC:BW'S run through the steps they did to install bot the original and expansion on their comps.  Any help would be great. Thanks.

#34 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:10 AM

I can see how it can be confusing, since it doesn't clearly state what option does what. The Brood Wars install option would have installed Starcraft & Brood Wars. So, either you'll just have to wait until you finish the Starcraft campaigns or you try to keep your save files safe while you re-install - yet I'm not quite sure where it stores the user name fore replaying purposes of already won missions and cinematics. =/
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#35 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:20 AM

View PostSigma, on May 31st 2007, 12:29 AM, said:

Can anyone who has an intel based mac running OS 10.3 or later and has installed both SC and SC:BW'S run through the steps they did to install bot the original and expansion on their comps.  Any help would be great. Thanks.

(1) Install SC.
(2) With the SC CD, begin install of BW.
(3) The installer will kick out the SC CD, and ask you to insert the BW CD.
(4) Once the BW CD is recognized, the message windows will close and installation will begin.
(5) Then, you'll be asked to insert the SC CD again, and installer would have kicked out the BW CD. (IIRC)
(6) After some installation of files, you'll be asked to insert the BW CD one last time.
(7) After BW is installed, then update to 1.15.

#36 bookman

bookman

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:46 AM

This is why Starcraft is so great - people are going out and buying/installling/discussing a 9 year old game.

The only game that comes close for 3 different sides/strategies IMO in C&C Generals.

Anyone here a Protoss guru? I've played Terran and Zerg a lot, but never got into the Protoss.
Work: MacBook - 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - X3100 graphics.
Home: Mini - 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo - 2 GB RAM - GeForce 9400 graphics.

#37 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

View Postbookman, on May 31st 2007, 06:46 PM, said:

Anyone here a Protoss guru? I've played Terran and Zerg a lot, but never got into the Protoss.
Dragoons (lots), zealots and carriers - crushes everything.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#38 Sigma

Sigma

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

View Postdojoboy, on May 31st 2007, 07:20 AM, said:

(1) Install SC.
(2) With the SC CD, begin install of BW.
(3) The installer will kick out the SC CD, and ask you to insert the BW CD.
(4) Once the BW CD is recognized, the message windows will close and installation will begin.
(5) Then, you'll be asked to insert the SC CD again, and installer would have kicked out the BW CD. (IIRC)
(6) After some installation of files, you'll be asked to insert the BW CD one last time.
(7) After BW is installed, then update to 1.15.

Thanks so much.  This did the trick and was able to hold onto my previously saved games by just copying and pasting back in the save folder from the original directory.  Wouldn't happen to have any ideas on getting it to play at a higher resolution on the full dimensions of my screen by any chance? Anyway, thanks so much for the help, really appreciate it.

#39 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:00 PM

View PostSigma, on May 31st 2007, 10:53 PM, said:

Wouldn't happen to have any ideas on getting it to play at a higher resolution on the full dimensions of my screen by any chance?
No chance. StarCraft is limited to 640x480. Hey, it's a game from 1998 - that was regarded as "high res" back then.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#40 morback

morback

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:17 PM

View PostJanichsan, on May 31st 2007, 03:00 PM, said:

No chance. StarCraft is limited to 640x480. Hey, it's a game from 1998 - that was regarded as "high res" back then.

It's also for competition issues: no unfair advantage for people who can have a higher res (broader battlefield view).

Don't forget your friendly Reaver when you go on a stroll. Reaver + probe is quite awesome.