#1 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

http://gamevideos.co...largeFormat=mov

I do hope this installment will be great after playing dozens of crapy modern military shooters. *cough*  GRAW *cough* *cough* Socom *cough*
What is a man?

#2 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, this looks great!! It's a fresh new begining for CoD, as long as they keep the same tried and true formula, then this should be awesome. I agree with you on GRAW, way too slow paced for my taste, SOCOM was ok, the multi-player was the real deal for that series though. Hopefully CoD4 comes to the Mac and PC.

#3 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

I've always been a HUGE fan of the CoD series. If they can pull this off then I will be one happy camper.

#4 Lord Brixton

Lord Brixton

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:34 AM

It does look good.

With such fluid character motion though, we're either looking at pure cutscene or the most complex control layout since FA/18 Korea.

Still. If Aspyr want to pick it up they can have my 29.95 right now.

Say...doesn't the Aspyr Lady come on here from time to time? ;)

Tower MacPro 2x2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon / 4gb RAM / Radeon X1900 XT 512 / 20" Cinema Display.
MacBook Pro 1.8 gHz Core Duo  / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility X1600 128 / 15" LCD
PowerBook G4 1x1.67ghz / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility 9700 128 / 15" LCD

723rd kicks wussy Nar butt!

Posted Image

#5 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:32 AM

everything in that looked pretty swish, to say the least.

my only worry is that they take the scale down to a more Ghost Recon type level with only a small team of guys, where as what everyone really wants from CoD is a large scale rolling battle across a whole city.. in order to do that they should open up the level design, make it freeform, and make it feel like youre invading Iraq again and theyll have done it right.

but if its CoD2 with modern day stuff and more people, then ill be just as happy.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8076 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:10 PM

Seen it already?

Fortunately, not yet another bloody WWII shooter. Unfortunately, not a single (official) word for which platforms it will come.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

Ichigo posted the trailer a few days back.

speculation is that it will be a return to the PC, as its Infinity Ward behind the wheel again (hurrah!!!). But id also expect it to make an appearance on X360 and PS3, with an outside chance of passing it onto a 3rd party to port it to the Wii... maybe.

hopefully well see a mac port of this as we have with the previous PC entries in the series.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64

#8 Mr.Rogue

Mr.Rogue

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

View PostJanichsan, on April 30th 2007, 07:10 PM, said:

Seen it already?

Fortunately, not yet another bloody WWII shooter. Unfortunately, not a single (official) word for which platforms it will come.
According to the Official Charlie Oscar Delta forums it will be made available for the PC. A FAQ has been posted, make of it what you will.

Will CoD4 be available for PC?

Yes. It will be designed for PC fans. The only reason CoD2 was made for consoles then ported to PC was because Infinity Ward had to hit a deadline; the launch of the Xbox 360 so it could be a launch title. They don't have that deadline this time, so can focus more on the PC fans who they know feel left out.

Will CoD4 run on Vista?

Absolutely. Infinity Ward is well-aware of the new OS, and have been for years. They are intelligent people who can foresee how popular an OS will be by the time they launch their game, so will definitely have it fully-functional running on Vista. Whether or not it will be DX10 supported is another story, but it will certainly be Vista supported.

When will CoD4 be released?

There is no official release date, and you'd think people would stop asking this question after the millionth time they've gotten the same response. No official release date will be stated until the game goes gold. But it is safe to assume, regardless of the rumors that are going around, that Infinity Ward is looking to release this title this fall, likely in November. It lines up with the 1 year anniversary of the CoD3 launch on the 360, and all CoD titles have been released in that September-December window. There is no way this game has another full year of development, so logical conclusion is: it is coming THIS Fall.

Will CoD4 be available for Mac / Linux fans?

Most likely, yes. It probably won't be for launch, but just like the previous titles, Aspyr will work to port it to Mac users. Official word from Infinity Ward? No official confirmation has been given yet.

Maybe once the game is closer to release someone at Aspyr might like to comment on this - Glenda?  ;)

CoD4 "What we know" / FAQ (Registration is required :\ )

#9 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8076 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:13 PM

View Postteflon, on April 30th 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

Ichigo posted the trailer a few days back.
Hm, I seem to have missed that. I guess someone with The Power can merge the threads to avoid unnecessary double posts.

I'm wondering if the trailer shows actual in-game footage. To be honest, this just looks a bit too good. But a modern day full-scale war shooter could really bring some fresh wind into the genre. Yet another squad based tactical anti-terrorist shooter la Rainbow Six is not that much better than yet another WWII shooter. I'm mildly excited (which is pretty much at the moment, where I begin to despise recent games).

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#10 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

View PostJanichsan, on April 30th 2007, 03:13 PM, said:

Hm, I seem to have missed that. I guess someone with The Power can merge the threads to avoid unnecessary double posts.

If there's any topics you want merged, just point me at 'em and I'll merge 'em but good.  Though I looked around a bit just now and it seems to me this topic has every right to exist on its own, as far as I can tell.

--Eric

#11 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8076 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

View PostEric5h5, on April 30th 2007, 09:22 PM, said:

If there's any topics you want merged, just point me at 'em and I'll merge 'em but good.  Though I looked around a bit just now and it seems to me this topic has every right to exist on its own, as far as I can tell.
Was just an idea. I wasn't sure if we really need a second CoD 4 trailer discussion thread.

#12 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

personally, what i want to see is CoD4 being a mix of modern day warfare with the persistent companionship of co-soldiers.

mix that with more free-flowing battles with there being other fronts to the fight (possibly slightly scripted, but not necessarily), and you may just have a truly astounding game.

basically, I want a Black Hawk Down style mission with multiple entry points for your guys and then everything going to pot and you having to meet up with reinforcements.

#13 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

View PostJanichsan, on April 30th 2007, 02:13 PM, said:

I'm wondering if the trailer shows actual in-game footage. To be honest, this just looks a bit too good.

Too good?  Call of Duty 4s graphics are comparible to call of duty 2 and 3, looks more like a call of duty 2 mod.

View PostMr.Rogue, on April 30th 2007, 01:37 PM, said:

According to the Official Charlie Oscar Delta forums it will be made available for the PC.

PC only would be a lot better,  360 port of call of duty 2 was mideocre to say the least.
What is a man?

#14 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:43 PM

View PostJanichsan, on April 30th 2007, 03:24 PM, said:

Was just an idea. I wasn't sure if we really need a second CoD 4 trailer discussion thread.

Aha...evidently I didn't look hard enough.  Since according to the FAQ, a Mac version is likely, how about I do a merge and then move this to the Shooters category?  Any objections?

--Eric

#15 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8076 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:46 PM

View PostIchigo27, on April 30th 2007, 09:42 PM, said:

Too good?  Call of Duty 4s graphics are comparible to call of duty 2 and 3, looks more like a call of duty 2 mod.
The characters and vegetation definitely look better.

View PostEric5h5, on April 30th 2007, 09:43 PM, said:

Aha...evidently I didn't look hard enough.  Since according to the FAQ, a Mac version is likely, how about I do a merge and then move this to the Shooters category?  Any objections?
You have my vote.

#16 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:10 PM

View PostJanichsan, on April 30th 2007, 03:46 PM, said:

You have my vote.

Good enough for me!  Merged and moved...enjoy.

--Eric

#17 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:24 PM

View PostIchigo27, on April 30th 2007, 08:42 PM, said:

yup. just take into account the inevitable engine improvements as they have more powerful tech, and in the case of the consoles learn how to use said tech better.

#18 Thinine

Thinine

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

I'd rather it be another WWII shooter than anything modern day. It's not Call of Duty unless it's WWII. Granted it has been done, but there are still hundreds of battles they could recreate.

#19 sillek

sillek

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:23 PM

View PostIchigo27, on April 28th 2007, 12:37 PM, said:

http://gamevideos.co...largeFormat=mov

I do hope this installment will be great after playing dozens of crapy modern military shooters. *cough*  GRAW *cough* *cough* Socom *cough*

Cripes..that frikking thing is twice the size of my screen, and it's not re-sizable.

#20 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:36 AM

View PostJanichsan, on May 1st 2007, 05:13 AM, said:

I'm wondering if the trailer shows actual in-game footage. To be honest, this just looks a bit too good.

there is one thing that can completely change how the Cod2 Engine looks.

in settings, for the cards that carry like 512mb of memory, you can punch the render mode up to high.
its one setting that can make the game look a whole lot different.

thats what that footage looked like. Cod2 with the render mode on high.

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1