• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alexzi

alexzi

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:51 PM

Hi,

I'm glad that Aspyr made an Intel update for Jedi Knight II (they also did JKAcademy). However, I setup my gamepad (by holding down Option upon startup). Everything works fine until the gamepad settings are lost when the applicatioin quits. That means I have to setup the gamepad each and every time I launch the game. Why are the settings forgotten? I tried to figure-out where gamepad (HID?) settings are stored--to no avail. Can anyone help? Any ideas?

Thanks!

alexzi

#2 Xavier

Xavier

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

Personally, I find that the game is much harder to play with a gamepad, but you might say otherwise.

I do understand the problem, as I have tried setting up my joystick to work with JK2 just for fun. I don't think the game was originally intended to be played with a gamepad, so that could explain the poor support for other devices.

Jk2 is outdated, but fun :)
Moof!

#3 alexzi

alexzi

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:30 PM

I find the gamepad neccessary for the light-saber mode. But when using guns (which are best done in 1-st person IMO) you are right, the keyboard/mous is much better.

View PostXavier, on April 23rd 2007, 09:19 PM, said:

Personally, I find that the game is much harder to play with a gamepad, but you might say otherwise.

I do understand the problem, as I have tried setting up my joystick to work with JK2 just for fun. I don't think the game was originally intended to be played with a gamepad, so that could explain the poor support for other devices.

Jk2 is outdated, but fun :)

#4 Thinine

Thinine

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:27 PM

Never thought about using a pad for the lightsaber. But I play JA instead, which has much better lightsaber controls anyway.

#5 alexzi

alexzi

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:01 PM

It's funny ... Jedi Academy has the exact same problem as Jedi Knight II on Intel macs, namely: it 'forgets' HID gamepad settings when the game quits. Therefore these settings (by pressing Option while the game loads), has to be set each-and-every-time the game is loaded. I emailed Aspyr about this problem, and their reply was the the effect of: We no longer support this game. We don't officially support a gamepad on Jedi Knight. Funny ... it's very impractical to play Jedi Knight II/III without a gamepad (especially for light-saber-mode), and ... it's curious that they don't support something which was very recently only released !!

View PostThinine, on April 24th 2007, 12:27 PM, said:

Never thought about using a pad for the lightsaber. But I play JA instead, which has much better lightsaber controls anyway.

#6 Brad Oliver

Brad Oliver

Awesome Developer Dude Guy

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts
  • Steam Name:hoserama99
  • Steam ID:hoserama99
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:39 PM

View Postalexzi, on April 23rd 2007, 07:51 PM, said:

I'm glad that Aspyr made an Intel update for Jedi Knight II (they also did JKAcademy). However, I setup my gamepad (by holding down Option upon startup). Everything works fine until the gamepad settings are lost when the applicatioin quits. That means I have to setup the gamepad each and every time I launch the game. Why are the settings forgotten? I tried to figure-out where gamepad (HID?) settings are stored--to no avail. Can anyone help? Any ideas?

They're not - that's the problem. Oops! I'll see what we can do about it.
Brad Oliver
bradman at pobox dot com

#7 doctorpuppet

doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Steam Name:doctorpuppet

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but does this apply to the Mac App Store versions? I can't seem to get a controller (PS3 or XBox 360 wired) to work natively with Jedi Knight 2, only through a keymapping app.