Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:33 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on May 9th 2007, 08:42 AM, said:

Must try this game. Can't wait to be spanked by some of the IMG forum members.

Pause.

OK, that came out very very wrong.

Downloading demo now.
And if you like it, buy it. I know I'm going to. A 6-way nuclear war with your friends is just too tantalizing a prospect to pass up.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#82 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:31 AM

View PostFrost, on May 9th 2007, 08:33 PM, said:

And if you like it, buy it. I know I'm going to. A 6-way nuclear war with your friends is just too tantalizing a prospect to pass up.
I'd just wind up plastered to the wall 20 feet over your head by tactical nuke missles, then fall down into lava only to breach like a whale on fire and screaming.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#83 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:56 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on May 10th 2007, 10:31 AM, said:

I'd just wind up plastered to the wall 20 feet over your head by tactical nuke missles, then fall down into lava only to breach like a whale on fire and screaming.

And I was just about to get up from my desk and take a late lunch. Eww.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#84 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

That actually happened to me courtesy of a couple of Juggernauts while playing co-op Marathon 2 with Frost.  Getting your appetite back?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#85 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:56 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on May 10th 2007, 02:30 PM, said:

That actually happened to me courtesy of a couple of Juggernauts while playing co-op Marathon 2 with Frost.  Getting your appetite back?
Ahahahaha!!!!

I remember that!

That was horrible, yet at the some time hilarious. The two Jugs on All Roads Lead to Sol would absolutely NOT leave tBC alone. Every time he tried to charge up his shields, missiles would come around the corner and blast him. Even if I was shooting them at that moment to try and pull their attention onto me (which works 99.9% of the time), they wouldn't change targets for anything. They don't do TOO much damage, so it wasn't a problem the first few times.... until one time a volley of them came one after the other and bounced him up and followed him along the wall like 20 feet in the air, and dropped him way off in the lava. He managed to almost get back up... I was like ohpopsnizzleohpopsnizzleohpopsnizzle... he made it! *FWAAAAAaaaaahhhh* ::burning bones sink back into the lava:: ... no he didn't.

Add that to a bunch of other things like the Mother of All Hunters getting stuck under a ledge and tBC going, "Poke it with a stick!" At which point I punch it once and it EXPLODES in my face. "I didn't say a SHARP stick!"

Was laughing my ass off that entire level. We gotta do that again soon.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#86 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

To return a bit on topic, you WarGames aficionados migth want to try out the wopr mod.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#87 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

That does indeed sound like a cool mod. Downloading now and I'll give it a try next time I load up DEFCON.

Eric5h5: