5 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:39 AM

If you're a fan of racing games, you'll want to check out our newest feature, The State of Racing On The Mac. Here's a clip from the feature:

Now that the launch of Colin McRae Rally Mac is upon us, it is a good opportunity to take a look at racing on the Macintosh. Itís been a bumpy road for speed freak fans over the years. While Mac game publishing has provided a racing title in just about every major racing category out there, it has been sporadic at times in terms of quality and quantity. Thankfully the good people at Feral Interactive are bringing us the Colin McRae Rally franchise, quite possibly the greatest Mac racing title ever, just when we need it the most.
To check out the full feature, please follow the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 maccer

maccer

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

Great article for the most part.

But do you have some secret insider-info, or why do you say "In May of 2005, Feral Interactive formally announced that it would bring Colin McRae Rally to the Mac. Now itís here! "  when the game is nowhere to be seen?  :huh:

#3 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:17 PM

well... its nearly here.......
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#4 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:34 AM

AL Unser Jr Arcade Racing... OH . MY . GOD . what a sweet OLD souvenir. I had completely forgotten about this title.

Thanks for the flash back !

#5 stutz

stutz

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:21 PM

Yeah, I had to go into the way-back machine to dig some titles out of game graveyard. The really sad thing was that I couldn't find hardly anything in the 80's. I remember as a kid playing some racing games on my old XT clone with its kickin' 4 color CGA monitor, but the Mac was really hurting for racing titles back in the day.

Sorry to say, I don't have any inside info on Colin except that the editors really wanted to feature quickly because the announcement of it shipping was imminent. I thought that it would be posted the day of the announcement whenever that will be, but that's not under my control.

Stutz

#6 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:04 AM

As a side note, I remember about 4-5 years ago when Aspyr planned to port Need for Speed... and then port got cancelled. What a horror story :bleedingeyes: