5 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:03 AM

VT & Yukon, creators of musical parodies with a focus on computer games, have released a new gaming-theme parody song and video. Entitled I Live to Pwn (Boulevard of Broken n00bs) and inspired by Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams, the video features footage from Quake 4, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Call of Duty 2.

All the game footage was recorded from Intel based Macs running Universal Binary versions of the games. Macs were also used to create, edit, and produce the song and video in Logic and Final Cut.

Here's a bit of info on the artists:

Yes, in addition to being long-time podcasters and self-proclaimed gaming experts, VT & Yukon are also musicians (of a sort). With a style that's simultaneously recognizable and unclassifiable, they are one of only a handful of artists creating music specifically for gamers.

In 2006, VT & Yukon released their first studio album "Vortikon" on an unsuspecting world and things haven't been the same since. Featuring eight original tracks, including the internet hit "Granny Got Game," Vortikon can now be found on online music stores including iTunes, eMusic and Napster.
The video contains brief use of adult language. Click on the links below for more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:40 AM

Sorry but not impressed.

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:00 AM

I recognized instantly where he was in every scene.  It made me realize I have all of these little worlds trapped in my head.  Now at least I have a little radio to listen to.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 St3vil

St3vil

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

I haven;t played an FPS hardcore for a couple of years now (Stupid WoW addiction :-)  But I got a little pumped there to throw down with some UT or COD, hell wolfenstein too even though it wasn't in the video ;-).

Mad props for the lighthearted homage to pwnage.

#5 Cyan421

Cyan421

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:17 PM

Apparently gamers have bad taste in music

#6 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members